Upcoming Reputation Changes

General Discussion
Prev 1 48 49 50 89 Next
Tabards giving rep in dungeons is all I want to see. I don't care if I have to run a dungeon 5 times to get equal rep as doing dailies.
10/07/2012 05:46 PMPosted by Marathel
It'd give some of us a bit of encouragement to do some dungeons and not feel like we're wasting our time when we run them with our guildies.

Easiest encouragement for them to do is make a SOH drop off the end boss or two. And add a Justice Point vendor for stuff just like the SOH vendor.

Problem solved.

If you want to grind dungeons they need to do one of two things.

Make rep gained on dungeons and dailies equal.

Or

the option to do one or the other.

Both with the caps currently in place.

It's great that all our alts are gonna get double Rep xp gain but jesus as fast as xpacs have been coming out and as long as it takes to gear 1 toon ..I guess we just need to quit our jobs dismiss our familys and lock ourselves in a room if we want to try to level and gear more than one toon. I love the new story line and the Pandas but I don't guess I will ever get to level one ..by the time I get my main geared and raiding the next xpac will drop

Raiding has been out a week. These extremely exaggerated posts do nothing for your opinion and anyone can see how false it is. Do yourself a favor and write something more realistic next time.

The SoH and a JP vendor would go along way toward making dungeons more lucrative... or just upping drops in general. There is so little necessary trash in most of them that I'm lucky to get more then five grey/white items a run. And as a tank I get pretty much insta queues. I can't imagine what a poor source of income dungeons are for dps :(
10/07/2012 05:50 PMPosted by Urmomsaidwow
Tabards giving rep in dungeons is all I want to see. I don't care if I have to run a dungeon 5 times to get equal rep as doing dailies.

Would you also be ok with a rep cap and a way for daily runners to get group content gear without doing group content?
Dungeons completely lose their usefulness once you get gear, adding rep to dungeons would avoid that issue. It can be a super small amount of rep, i don't care.

But Dailies always give people something. If you have max rep, they still give decent gold. They never become as useless as a dungeon does. No reason to have them give gear...if that's what you were implying. You're wording was...iffy.

People need a reason to run dungeons after they're geared, or else que times suffer greatly. That cannot be denied.
Exactly. Dungeons need that same amount of usefulness, even after you're geared. Which they currently do not.
Dungeons completely lose their usefulness once you get gear, adding rep to dungeons would avoid that issue. It can be a super small amount of rep, i don't care.

But Dailies always give people something. If you have max rep, they still give decent gold. They never become as useless as a dungeon does. No reason to have them give gear...if that's what you were implying. You're wording was...iffy.

People need a reason to run dungeons after they're geared, or else que times suffer greatly. That cannot be denied.

I agree greatly. Dungeons, once geared, are useless. I'll openly admit I've only got a few pieces left to get from Heroics now and since hitting Valor Cap this week, I just queue specifically for those instances and only do randoms with guildies that want an insta queue.

It's not worth the effort compared to dailies. Dailies are awarding what, ~20g each? Ontop of that, the Treasures of the Vale bag has given me in variance between 25-45g each day and the occasional Spirit of Harmony from it. I fully support an increase in dungeon profitability. Rep though isn't profitability... unless you're after recipes. I do agree with removing rep requirements for recipes. I understand the logic behind them... but with their current intended model it does make it where it's not optional if you're a crafter.

So remove rep requirements from recipes and increase monetary benefits of dungeons!
10/07/2012 06:37 PMPosted by Marathel
Exactly. Dungeons need that same amount of usefulness, even after you're geared. Which they currently do not.

They will never have that much profitability.

They could use SOH's drops at end dungeon and a jp vendor though.

You talking about one SOH that's rolled on or one per player? One per player per dungeon might be a bit much, especially since tanks and healers would be able to acquire them at much faster rates. Hell, I'd be happy with just an increase in mote drops in dungeons. Every now and then I see someone loot one, but I easy get 16-20 motes doing dailies each day... I'm lucky to acquire five in a day of solid Heroic running.
I see a lot of people complaining about the same thing, and I think there's a misunderstanding between those of us who want tabards/easier rep for -alts-. Key word, ALTS. Not for our mains, make us grind this out on our mains, I've been doing this for 8 years already, I'm good with this pattern, but -gating- a rep behind a rep that -requires- countless -dailies- when it comes to our -alts- is not ok.

We're asking for tabards(at revered or exalted) to give to our alts, or to remove the gating for GL for our alts. Key word is alts, ie, after we've done it once, please don't make us do it again!

There is -no- reason for some of us to grind out the GL dailies for multiple toons. It's silly. I'd be ok with being able to chose which rep I wanted and grind that out on an alt, or to just throw a tabard on an alt and grind it out. But being -forced- to endure GL 4-5 times -just- for recipe's....

Or, just make the patterns/recipe's BoA, and that will also solve 90% of the complaints.

I'm all for grinding out the reps, but to do it over and over and over and over and over and over and over....
I see a lot of people complaining about the same thing, and I think there's a misunderstanding between those of us who want tabards/easier rep for -alts-. Key word, ALTS. Not for our mains, make us grind this out on our mains, I've been doing this for 8 years already, I'm good with this pattern, but -gating- a rep behind a rep that -requires- countless -dailies- when it comes to our -alts- is not ok.

We're asking for tabards(at revered or exalted) to give to our alts, or to remove the gating for GL for our alts. Key word is alts, ie, after we've done it once, please don't make us do it again!

There is -no- reason for some of us to grind out the GL dailies for multiple toons. It's silly. I'd be ok with being able to chose which rep I wanted and grind that out on an alt, or to just throw a tabard on an alt and grind it out. But being -forced- to endure GL 4-5 times -just- for recipe's....

Or, just make the patterns/recipe's BoA, and that will also solve 90% of the complaints.

I'm all for grinding out the reps, but to do it over and over and over and over and over and over and over....

I'd support the removal of Golden Lotus requiremetn from the other factions (still don't understand why I have to get GL to revered when I've already earned rep with Shado-Pan >.>). Though I personally support just making recipes non rep required... it's a silly punishment to people with multiple toons. I would like them to be BoA i suppose... prevents having to level profession alts. I hate alting... loathe it with a passion that could make the Sha of Anger immune and able to one shot all of Azeroth. So BoA or the removal of rep requirements and them being moved to trainers would be lovely <3 But it will never happen. Nor will I ask Blizzard to do it because I understand the reasoning behind it.
Awesome, now can we make Golden Lotus/Klaxxi dailies give proper rep rather than 100 per quest? It's going to take weeks and weeks to reach Exalted with them, by then I probably won't be playing because being forced to do the same boring dailies every day like this is horrible.
10/07/2012 07:23 PMPosted by Havel
Awesome, now can we make Golden Lotus/Klaxxi dailies give proper rep rather than 100 per quest? It's going to take weeks and weeks to reach Exalted with them, by then I probably won't be playing because being forced to do the same boring dailies every day like this is horrible.

Exalted offers only vanity items, and this xpac is intented to last at least 1.5 years, if not 2. You do not need the exalted vanity items from Klaxxi and GL anytime soon. It is ok if vanity rewards take weeks and weeks to get.
10/07/2012 07:38 PMPosted by Firestyle

Exalted offers only vanity items, and this xpac is intented to last at least 1.5 years, if not 2. You do not need the exalted vanity items from Klaxxi and GL anytime soon. It is ok if vanity rewards take weeks and weeks to get.

No but I do need Revered for VP gear, Klaxxi exalted offers some (not very good) weapons. At the rate I'm going with GL, it will take another 2 weeks of dailies to hit Revered. Then another 3 weeks after that for Exalted. I don't think even Vanilla rep grinds were that bad. I just hope Shado-pan and AC are more reasonable.
10/07/2012 08:00 PMPosted by Havel

No but I do need Revered for VP gear, Klaxxi exalted offers some (not very good) weapons. At the rate I'm going with GL, it will take another 2 weeks of dailies to hit Revered. Then another 3 weeks after that for Exalted. I don't think even Vanilla rep grinds were that bad. I just hope Shado-pan and AC are more reasonable.

Vanilla rep grinds not that bad....?!

*suffers flashback to Hydroxian Waterlords and Timbermaw grinds and has siezure*
Got a couple of questions about the reputation change.

1. How does the game determines which character is your main?

2. If I make a new character on a server I never played before, will that character count as a main on that new server?

Vanilla rep grinds not that bad....?!

*suffers flashback to Hydroxian Waterlords and Timbermaw grinds and has siezure*

Oh.. right. I stand corrected I didn't play much endgame in Vanilla.
Got a couple of questions about the reputation change.

1. How does the game determines which character is your main?

2. If I make a new character on a server I never played before, will that character count as a main on that new server?

My assumption would be just one character had to reach that rep level... are they finally going to make us actually declare a main toon?! Meh, glad I only really play one character an expansion then.

More seriously though, I'm sure it'll just be hittign that rep mark with a character. Now the 'how does it work with characters on different servers' is a good question. Anyone know if the Valor buff works across multiple servers? If so I'd wager this will as well. If not, then probably not. Just my guesses though.
Come on blizzard, give us back our rep tabards
Rep tabards = Mist is an awesome expansion.
No rep tabards = Mist not that awesome anymore.

Dailies are not fun, specially when you have 4 alts. No way in heck am I doing 4 sets of dailies, screw that noise.