Fist Weapons

Monk
I would like to ask -WHY- is it that equipping fist weapons on a monk results in you not appearing as using a weapon AT ALL?

Some people would rather like the idea of equipping fist weapons as a monk. I mean c'mon, it's a monk. You have Glyph of Jab to hide every OTHER weapon, why not just roll fist weapons into that? Why FORCE them to never be shown; ever? Hell you could even make a minor glyph to REVEAL the fist weapons.

Anyone else share this concern with me?

This little fact makes me -MUCH- less motivated to level my Monk.
Yes.
Thats how blizzard wants them to be like if you want to see weapons thats what jab is for but they want you kicking and hitting with your bare fists mostly.
Whats kind of sad they allow the diablo3 monk to show there weapons now on mosts of the attacks kind of a slap to the face i would say.
10/05/2012 07:26 AMPosted by Pandamoniums
Thats how blizzard wants them to be like if you want to see weapons thats what jab is for but they want you kicking and hitting with your bare fists mostly.

You misunderstand. When you use Jab with Fist Weapons, they STILL do not appear. That is what I'm complaining about, not that the class is Bare-Handed 90% of the time outside of Jab.
This is really sad news to me... I've always loved fisticuff type classes and never leveled a character pre-Monks that could make any use of fist weapons. They really should make it so fist weapons appear when a Monk attacks, if nothing else, have them appear for special attacks or something. I... I guess the only reason to use them now is if you want your character to look truly fists only, without a weapon on their back.

You misunderstand. When you use Jab with Fist Weapons, they STILL do not appear. That is what I'm complaining about, not that the class is Bare-Handed 90% of the time outside of Jab.
Oh didn't know that yes it NEEDS to be changed that sucks i lost interest in lvling my monk now lol.
10/05/2012 07:46 AMPosted by Lunais
I guess the only reason to use them now is if you want your character to look truly fists only, without a weapon on their back.

Yeah but they have a GLYPH to make ALL weapons do this. I don't know why they don't make Fist Weapons the same way, it makes no sense. If you want 100% bare-handed, glyph it.
I would really love for fists to show during jab. There are so many great looking fist weapons, I just picked up the one from Alar and I will never see it in action =/

Meanwhile polearms have about 2 good models and very few staves look fit for combat.

Show fist weapons!
Keep it up guys, we get enough support and posts. And who knows? Maybe Blizzard will listen for once.
10/05/2012 11:26 AMPosted by Selsix
Maybe Blizzard will listen for once.

they do

but it usually takes about 7 years

speaking from shaman experience
10/05/2012 12:34 PMPosted by Trollinthndr
Maybe Blizzard will listen for once.

they do

but it usually takes about 7 years

speaking from shaman experience

Blizzard should really have a suggestion forum.
BUMP
+1 monk. Keep it up.
Yes Plz
I have to agree. I finally got a fist weapon cause I thought it would be awesome to use as it would fit in perfectly with punching. Only to find out that wearing a fist weapon is the equivalent of using the jab glyph. Hell, if we want to dual wield our sha weapon the only choice we have is a fist weapon (pretty sure) and we're not even gonna use it?

I can get over the fact that the model doesn't exist on the character, but he doesn't even use them like he does other weapons.
Fist weapons should be shown at all times on a Monk.

And they should add more fist weapons.

Thank you. That is all.
They can remodel Azeroth for the last expansion. But can't put first weapons on monks in combat.
I like having a choice in weapons that won't show at all, but I understand I'm probably in the minority. Why it couldn't just be a glyph, I do not know.