Best Solution for MoP Alt Rep Issue

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Simple:

Require Revered or greater with any faction. At Revered allow players to purchase a bind on account tabard that awards double rep bonus for that faction in dungeons.

This way players still have the rep grind that Blizzard wants us to have but it also provides a little more lead way on how players can choose to grind the Rep for alts.
That's exactly what they're doing, but it's automatic, with no tabard required.
no they are still making you do daily quests to earn rep. So farm rep to revered by doing dailys on your main and then turn around and do those same dailys on an alt for double the faction. Screw that. Rather farm Rep the second time around with more options.
I think you left something of your idea out.

Do you want the tabard to give rep from dungeons? Convert all rep from dailies to the tabard rep?
10/06/2012 08:33 PMPosted by Piglett
Do you want the tabard to give rep from dungeons? Convert all rep from dailies to the tabard rep?

The dungeons they definitely don't want people running
For alts? I'm talking double Rep for alts not mains here.
For alts? I'm talking double Rep for alts not mains here.

For Mists of Pandaria, though, we feel dungeons are already rewarding so it made the most sense to have reputation earned by doing things for each particular faction. The various factions are what really bring a lot of the flavor and character to the world of Pandaria. We weren’t very happy that the status quo in Cataclysm was to virtually ignore most factions and what they’re about, by instead doing the fairly unrelated task of running dungeons. It provided a way for players to essentially double dip on rewards from dungeons and faction reputations simply by putting on a shirt when queuing. In Mists we’ve changed the reward structure in a way that we feel makes for a better, more diverse gameplay experience.

Just because it's an alt, doesn't change the concepts, alts aren't completely independent free epic magnets
Oh, never mind. I saw "double rep" and didn't notice that you said from dungeons. What would double rep even be, when dungeons currently don't give rep at all?
Hope they do something good about this, its a pain in the azz grinding these dailies for all these factions for one toon as it is. Doing them all over again on alts is pretty much insanity, I was fine grinding rep for faction on alts in cata with the tabard/dungeon style but mop style is nuts.