The Daily Brew 3: Monky Business

Monk
Prev 1 3 4 5 26 Next
IT SEEMS

WE CAN JUST NEVER UNDERSTAND ONE ANOTHER.

You don't know me well enough, but I'll give you a heads up. Debate and intelligent discussion are some of my favorite hobbies. I will debate the !@#$ out of you.
Its not so much a discussion but a difference in a opinion :P
I think we're both just typing to type since we're really bored hahaha

a) grats on 90, MVP-person!

b) oh, I'm aware! but reading people's discussions helps you to form an opinion of your own :)
You don't know me well enough, but I'll give you a heads up. Debate and intelligent discussion are some of my favorite hobbies. I will debate the !@#$ out of you.

Hold me.

It seems we have something in common. :3

Lets be friends.
10/09/2012 01:48 PMPosted by Advanced

Thats debatable :-p

Also, I only hold people with boobs.
Daily Brew 4: Rainbows and Friendship
I got it. The Fraternity of Jade.

Thats debatable :-p

Also, I only hold people with boobs.

We can roleplay cant we?

Daily Brew 4: Rainbrews and Friendship with Benefits
roflroflrofl

also - Mistweaver meta gem? I see Mist's rockin' the Revitalizing Primal Diamond ; the Spirit's more valuable than 2% extra mana?
For now.
10/09/2012 02:57 PMPosted by Mist
For now.

Yeah, I didn't mean to question what you're doing, just want to know if anyone knows what the criteria are for "when to choose Revitalizing" and "when to choose Ember".

I just didn't exactly ask what I meant to ask I guess! Words. They're hard.
I'm switching to Ember when I have over 10k spirit unbuffed probably.
Finaly hit the hit/exp cap =D

Going to try your advice Jayded about stats

and you two(Jayded and Advanced)

RP server, now.

XD
10/09/2012 03:06 PMPosted by Mist
I'm switching to Ember when I have over 10k spirit unbuffed probably.

I'll keep that in mind :D

Thanks!
Btw, Im thinking in make a off spec of mistweaver, but how the spec works? like a druid? pally?

[ only monk in the guild ]

D: I never saw one lv 90 to tell me
it's... not like any other healer in-game.

AoE healing relies on setting up with a wandering HoT which has an 8sec cooldown so you need to keep the raid blanketted in it well in advance of the actual AoE damage to be healed. So... like a druid because of the importance of that HoT, and like a Disc priest because of the pre-planning required.

Also a surface resemblence to Disc priest because of the dps-to-heals mechanic we have in Eminence; and like a Disc priest, you do not rely on those dps-heals.

2-resource system (some say 3, including the Mana Tea regen mechanic), so... there's a surface resemblence to a pally because of that, though in reality our Chi aren't like HoPo (or so Holy pallies have been telling me; I'm no expert healadin).

Mistweavers also have a number of important short cooldowns to keep an eye on; the 8sec wandering HoT, Chi Brew if you're using that talent, a 45-sec cooldown which helps with your wandering HoT maintenance, Mana Tea (if glyphed), a self-heal (not crucial but used well it's an excellent ability), and our lvl 90 talent cooldowns.

Melee buffs are important for min/maxxing Mistweavers to maintain wherever possible while in melee-range, though mostly the BoK buff.

Oh, and your mana regen is heavily tied to using abilities which generate Chi, and then using abilities which consume Chi. So you have to constantly be weighing that concern with every healing choice you make (consuming Chi generates stacks of Mana Tea, and then you make time to consume Mana Tea to regen mana).

Which brings up the point that while Mistweavers can, do, and sometimes *must* heal from range... it's far more beneficial for them to stick close to the melee action whenever this is possible within fight mechanics, whether you're punching the boss or standing next to the boss *casting*. This means you also have to "manage" your movement, because there are almost invariably moments in even the most melee-friendly fights where you have to GET OUT OF THERE lol.

How's that sound?
Sounds like adventure time for me

Guys, brew brothers...i have a deep, strange, problem.

Is me or the second boss of Scarlet Halls does a...well, insane damage? I tanked him five times but in my 6 time...even with better gear...he just D= wow idk, was insane

maybe I did a awful rotation or the dps was bad...idk serious.
Hm, what about something like 'Way of the Brew', as a play on 'Way of the Monk'? It's a play on a Monk ability like all the other OTs and it has a reference to beer in it.
Misty Keg is Best Keg. All hail glorious beloved leader Mist.
So many female Pandaren. :(

Why no love for the big dudes?