Warrior burst

Arenas
Improve rage generation (for better slam/heroic strike), reduce scaling on Shockwave and Dragon roar.
Burst fixed.

For survivability, do not nerf second wind; it is our only form of healing at ALL, literally. Victory rush does not constitute as healing in a normal scenario. However, the 25% damage reduction of defensive stance is ridiculous. Tone that down, at least for non-protection warriors, and our survivability will be better. We need the healing though, in addition to our double charge, gag order, and avatar, to finally beat ranged classes.
IMO, if we save trink for a deep freeze/spell reflect it, we now beat frost mages. 8 second ice block doesn't stop a 20 second avatar. YAY!

I'm not avoiding our nerf, because I know we need one, but you guys really have to learn to save burst for the last 35%. It's so easy to gib us before second wind takes effect, it really is, because we have no healing up to that point. Just do that.
No colossus nerf please...that was bad last expac.
inb4 DBTS stops burst. Get behind us/disarm
"hey blizz nerf warriors when mages and hunters are literally one shotting people."
awesome, glad this is where blizzard gets their ideas from.
10/02/2012 11:51 PMPosted by Zots
So 2v2 isn't Balanced? Shocking.

You don't do less damage in a 3v3 or 5v5...
Non-hybrid healing needs to be near removed, warrior, hunter, mage, spriest burst is all way way way way way way way way way too high.
10/03/2012 02:48 PMPosted by Vesthis
Non-hybrid healing needs to be near removed, warrior, hunter, mage, spriest burst is all way way way way way way way way way too high.

no, no, no, no, and no.
Removed? No. You're effectively ruining any chance of a comeback in arenas, or any chance of skill.
Should warriors, or rogues, or mages, or such have high healing? Not even remotely.
But nearly removed? Outrageous. This isn't even an arena-only issue, it's a battleground. Say you just killed someone, and you are in the middle of WSG, and see a horde heading towards you while you have 40% health. You have nothing to heal yourself and no time to eat. Congrats, you're dead. You need at least SOMETHING to heal, or you die way too easily.
Fix our burst? Yes, please. Remove healing? No. Fix defensive stance.
10/03/2012 02:48 PMPosted by Vesthis

lol @ non hybrid healing needs to be removed.

I think you meant to say non healing spec hybrid healing needs to be removed.
This happened to me yesterday

Sramton-Mal'Ganis Heroic Strike hit You 47116 Physical. (9311 Absorbed) (Critical)
Sramton-Mal'Ganis Opportunity Strike hit You 12882 Physical.
Sramton-Mal'Ganis Colossus Smash hit You 100655 Physical. (Critical)
Sramton-Mal'Ganis Melee hit You 68607 Physical. (Critical)
Sramton-Mal'Ganis Opportunity Strike hit You 15074 Physical.
Sramton-Mal'Ganis Opportunity Strike hit You 15005 Physical.
Sramton-Mal'Ganis Heroic Strike hit You 58494 Physical. (13324 Overkill) (Critical)
You died.

That's all within a shockwave stun, so in the space of 4 seconds he 100%'d me

I'm gonna call BS on this one. I checked his armory, and he doesn't have any PvP gear while you do have some. Even if he used his CD's, there is no way the damage can be that high. I have a half dreadful geared warrior and my HS hits for 15k-20k unless there are more OP Procs which isn't the case for you. This is against someone who is in full pvE gear.
10/03/2012 03:38 PMPosted by Betelgeus

lol @ non hybrid healing needs to be removed.

I think you meant to say non healing spec hybrid healing needs to be removed.

No. DK's need their self healing or at least a buff to their crappy armor or something. :P
You can remove our heals. But Disc/Holy Priests, Resto shaman/druid, Holy Pally, mistweaver Monks should have all their damage removed. Does that sound like a good idea to you
10/03/2012 04:49 PMPosted by Juked
cant even kill one through second wind atm. Was left with 1 1on1 in 3s and second wind just healed through my dots the whole time and i couldnt get a cast off because of the 50 stuns kinda bs. Meanwhile he is hitting 50k+ consistently and im in full dreadful.

Concentrate on killing the warrior first? He is the most dangerous after all. Yeah, second wind can't be beaten by a healer and no that will not be fixed.
@thyala You didn't check my armory when I logged in pvp gear. I logged out in my fury gear today. I am full dreadful geared with 31% pvp power. Look again.
Played some 2s yesterday with a 40% resil Frost DK I found in trade channel just to check it out.

Ran into a BM Hunter/Warrior team. Got globaled instantly.

Played them again. Played defensively, waited until they blew their loads, Stampede Spirit Mend + Double-Deterrence + Roar of Sacrifice + Disengage webs on the warrior until his CDs were down.

Stomped them with no effort when they weren't all big and red anymore.

The burst is obviously high right now, but it is NOT something that can't be defended against if played correctly. Narrow Escape + Tranq Shot is your friend against Fury warriors.

Their 3%-per-second regen anytime they're under 35% HP is a much bigger balance concern than burst-every-few-minutes.
it will be balanced at 90.
Love all these random nerfs "Oh cripple this, cut that in half. take this away" people are posting.

Balancing Warriors out is very, very simple.

Skull Banner shares a duration-length CD with Recklessness. The synergy between the two is what makes the retard-proof 'one shot macro' even viable in the first place.

Now increase Warrior damage across the board by about 7-8% (meaning both modifiers and +damage on attacks).

We did too much before outside CDs, now we do too little without.

Even out our sustained so that it isn't something that can be (once again!) laughed off and healed through with a Renew/Rejuve/Eternal Flame/Renewing Mists/Riptide, while reducing our burst potential.

Seems fairly straightforward if you ask me.
This happened to me yesterday

Sramton-Mal'Ganis Heroic Strike hit You 47116 Physical. (9311 Absorbed) (Critical)
Sramton-Mal'Ganis Opportunity Strike hit You 12882 Physical.
Sramton-Mal'Ganis Colossus Smash hit You 100655 Physical. (Critical)
Sramton-Mal'Ganis Melee hit You 68607 Physical. (Critical)
Sramton-Mal'Ganis Opportunity Strike hit You 15074 Physical.
Sramton-Mal'Ganis Opportunity Strike hit You 15005 Physical.
Sramton-Mal'Ganis Heroic Strike hit You 58494 Physical. (13324 Overkill) (Critical)
You died.

That's all within a shockwave stun, so in the space of 4 seconds he 100%'d me

That's it'? I got 200%'d in a shockwave stun. That's right, 500k damage in 3 seconds.

http://i.imgur.com/BAnqu.jpg

Just an FYI.. Deep Wounds only ticks every 3 seconds. I see 4 ticks + 2 globals. That's 15 seconds.

Try not to lie so blatantly about easily-verifiable mechanics.

That's it'? I got 200%'d in a shockwave stun. That's right, 500k damage in 3 seconds.

http://i.imgur.com/BAnqu.jpg

Just an FYI.. Deep Wounds only ticks every 3 seconds. I see 4 ticks + 2 globals. That's 15 seconds.

Try not to lie so blatantly about easily-verifiable mechanics.

Just an FYI.. He was kiting until he got shockwave'd to da face and BAMMMMMMMMMMM 200% gone.