Rogues are no good in PvP now ?

Rogue
I have yet to find one person that thinks Blizz gave rogues enough to compete in PvP in any level. How can they make rogues so ineffective ? Or are people finding ways to actually kill in PvP ?
Other than smokebomb and shroud...I'd say yeh...other classes do it better than we do.

We're at the bottom of the melee food chain.

Viable? Yes
Optimal Choice? No
Wanted for arena's? No
Not enough energy.
I need more energy.
Not enough energy.
I need more energy.
Not enough energy.
I need more energy.
Not enough energy.
I need more energy.
Not enough energy.
I need more energy.
Not enough energy.
I need more energy.
Not enough energy.
I need more energy.
Not enough energy.
I need more energy.
Not enough energy.
I need more energy.
Not enough energy.
I need more energy.

I can't do that yet
Not ready yet
I can't do that yet
Not ready yet
I can't do that yet
Not ready yet
I can't do that yet
Not ready yet
ITT people who play mutilate on their rogues in pvp
10/09/2012 09:27 PMPosted by Sneakyhobos
ITT people who play mutilate on their rogues in pvp

Actually I don't, I was just being facetious. However, that was an accurate portrayal of my experience leveling in MoP as Mut.
Other than smokebomb and shroud...I'd say yeh...other classes do it better than we do.

Viable? Yes
Optimal Choice? No
Wanted for arena's? No

Ummmm, was that a typo? Viable should say "No"
10/09/2012 09:38 PMPosted by Viiss

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/arena/kelthuzad/3v3/Rogue%20Shaman%20Zoo/

Nah, rogues aren't viable at all mate.

Got me there with my pants down.

2 rogues in the top 50? Gimme a break.

Edit: Nope, right the first time.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/arena/kelthuzad/3v3/Rogue%20Shaman%20Zoo/Nah, rogues aren't viable at all mate.Got me there with my pants down.

I can assure you that the BM hunter just nukes everything while the rogue ccs in that comp.
10/09/2012 09:43 PMPosted by Senya
2 rogues in the top 50? Gimme a break.

I said viable, not optimal. Very big difference.

10/09/2012 09:43 PMPosted by Failrogue
I can assure you that the BM hunter just nukes everything while the rogue ccs in that comp.

I'm not denying that. I watch his stream every now and then. Doesn't mean rogues can't get rank 1.

I must have a death-wish on me for saying rogues can get decent ratings (even if it getting carried by other classes).

Edit: I've gotta go to class, but I'm down to debate semantics when I get back.
10/09/2012 09:46 PMPosted by Sinsbad
I'm not denying that. I watch his stream every now and then. Doesn't mean rogues can't get rank 1.

Ya that hunter is in NAO gaming guild, they do videos for skill capped. So ya i guess even i can get that rating if i do a good job ccing while I have a hunter like that just nuking everything.
10/09/2012 09:40 PMPosted by Sinsbad

Clearly, you missed the stream.. the hunter was doing everying all the cc and all the damage.

would be like 1.2 million damage hunter 300k rogue.

Not a fair example.
I can say ; just because a few people have escaped from prison, doesn't make it a viable option for everyone.

One super-awesome rogue, getting carried by a super-awesome BM hunter, doesn't make us viable.
10/09/2012 10:27 PMPosted by Viiss
I can say ; just because a few people have escaped from prison, doesn't make it a viable option for everyone.

Michael Scofield escaped, why can't everyone else?
Aite bois, I'm back. Thanks for everybody keeping this civil thus far. If you wanna make a personal shot at me though, go ahead. I'll actually respond for once instead of my usual respond once then let you have a little victory.

Anyway,let me first break down what I said before I individually respond to people, just to make sure I'm speaking the same language.

Should be self-explanatory. Yes, rogues suck right now. Nobody here has disagreed with that yet.

Viable? Yes
Optimal Choice? No
Wanted for arena's? No

People seem to be getting caught up with me saying that we are viable in arena. Nobodies gotten their jimmies rustled over 'Optimal Choice' or 'Wanted for arena's' so:

Viable:
vi·a·ble
adjective /ˈvīəbəl/ 

Capable of working successfully; feasible
- the proposed investment was economically viable

(of a seed or spore) Able to germinate

(of a plant, animal, or cell) Capable of surviving or living successfully, esp. under particular environmental conditions

(of a fetus or unborn child) Able to live after birth

Are they capable of working successfully? Yes, ecliptium is an example I cited.

Judging from the responses, people think that I'm saying, because one rogue can do it, all rogues should be capable of doing it. I don't remember stating that anywhere. I'm not discussing probabilities, or how fair it is etc etc. I'm simply stating that it's possible. If you want to discuss possibilities, go have a thought experiment of me continuing this discussion with yourself... as possibility is just speculation.
10/09/2012 09:49 PMPosted by Failrogue

Ya that hunter is in NAO gaming guild, they do videos for skill capped. So ya i guess even i can get that rating if i do a good job ccing while I have a hunter like that just nuking everything.

I guess people can argue with you, even if you're agreeing with them lol. I never said it was easy,and yes you'd have to play like a beast. It's called rank 1 for a reason....(minus all the win-trading).

Clearly, you missed the stream.. the hunter was doing everying all the cc and all the damage.

would be like 1.2 million damage hunter 300k rogue.

I must have a death-wish on me for saying rogues can get decent ratings (even if it getting carried by other classes)

Bro...I just said that. Although, I do wanna say ecliptium is a really good rogue. I don't think it does him any justice by saying he did nothing.

Not a fair example.

One super-awesome rogue, getting carried by a super-awesome BM hunter, doesn't make us viable.

I'm gonna use this analogy, if you don't mind. Just because one person escapes from prison, doesn't mean it's more likely that other people will escape from prison. It's still a possibility, but it's not likely (probably because the guards would've wised up after an escape).

This is what people are assuming I'm saying "If one person can do it, everybody should be able to". That's not true at all, that's an assumption people are making about my argument. But to say that it's impossible for a rogue to hold a rank 1 spot is just fiction.

>inb4 Sinsbad thinks he's pro - I'm just a random 2k rated rogue
>inb4 your twisting what you're saying - Well we are discussing semantics...no?

Anyway I'm assuming it's past 2 am for you guys in the states, I'll catch you guys in the morning.
Rogue damage and energy is fine. Our mobility is what kills us.

As assassination, over 50% of our damage is just from melee/poison procs. You don't always have to be pushing buttons to do a decent amount of damage. The spec is about poison, not hard hitting mutilates such as it used to in the past.

Sub is great, but right now I think there are too many peels to burst and get that big damage off with Shadow Dance. Cough cough 8 second dispel cooldown.

Paralytic Poison is amazing imho. Shiv rooting people is very beneficial and the stacks of poison apply quickly as assassination.

I think it's time for bed now, i'll leave you with this.
In earlier levels with a subtlety PvP leveling spec, I found it easy to eliminate other players coming out of stealth.

At these levels others that are similarly geared as I am have greater levels of health, I find myself pushing them within an inch of death, and unable to finish the deed as I'm out of energy and it regens too slowly.