What if Garrosh kills...

Moon Guard
Prev 1 3 4 5 9 Next
Won't likely happen. Killing Sylvanas would basically cripple the eastern front for the Horde. As seen in Tides of War the Blood Elves and Forsaken offer huge amounts of resources for the Horde, not just manpower.

While Shadow of the Sun made it clear Sylvanas leans on the Blood Elves, the Blood Elves as a whole do not hate her. She was their greatest hero. Many Forsaken are High Elves. In Tides of War we see the Blood Elves and the Forsaken relatively close, coming together on the same ships, allied close, sharing very similar views.

What we see is Lorthemar trying to distance himself from Sylvanas because of the events of Shadow of the Sun but that is personal distaste. He isn't 'siding with the Orcs' because, in fact, in Tides of War, its pretty clear Garrosh doesn't trust the Blood Elves and he knows it. All of them know it. And if Sylvanas goes he'll be next most likely.

So killing Sylvanas would first require her to either be in Garrosh's presence, alone, which would be a rare event. Or it would require the Orcs to go to war in the Eastern Kingdoms, which would immediately cause the entire Horde leadership to rise up. On top of this, killing Sylvanas would splinter the Eastern Kingdoms faction almost irreperably.

Finally, one of your reasons, that we have no real Forsaken lore characters, is the reason why this won't happen. There is nobody to logically take Sylvanas' place. Nathanos isn't fleshed out enough and he's basically the only one who could take up the job. At least Baen had some degree of presence throughout the conflicts and books. Right now, we'd need a book just to give us a Forsaken character that is eligable, as we know that the book scheduled for MOP is Vol'jin's.

So it doesn't seem likely. Sylvanas seems more likely to be the one to instigate the situation. I could see Garrosh making an attempt or going to war against the Forsaken, which causes the rebellion, but I don't see her being killed.
I still vote for the return of Garithos and the Forsaken Civil War.
10/10/2012 01:26 PMPosted by Maoseitun
I support that idea. All the more just to put Garithos back into the grave by an undead elf......again. ^^

@Mel /hug
10/10/2012 01:31 PMPosted by Sarîa
I support that idea. All the more just to put Garithos back into the grave by an undead elf......again. ^^

@Mel /hug

*Places hand on Saria's shoulder*

It took a Dreadlord to stop Garithos.

And Sylvanas' pet ran away.
10/10/2012 01:26 PMPosted by Maoseitun

Dude was killed and eaten by Ghouls. He's not coming back. He's been dead 10 years.
he got better?
10/10/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Melyria

Dude was killed and eaten by Ghouls. He's not coming back. He's been dead 10 years.

Tortured spirit ripped from the afterlife by a Val'kyr and forced into the body of a fallen Forsaken to amuse Sylvanas.
10/10/2012 01:47 PMPosted by Necero
except insofar as they can be used to keep her out of Hell.
I think it's the shadow realm, not Hell. But close enough.

I was using the term in a general sense.
10/10/2012 01:45 PMPosted by Maoseitun

Tortured spirit ripped from the afterlife by a Val'kyr and forced into the body of a fallen Forsaken to amuse Sylvanas.

1. That's really, really stupid.

2. Why hasn't it been done yet then?

3. What would be the point?

4. It would not cause a civil war because Garrithos was a racist jerk and a large percentage of Forsaken are High Elves, who he was racist to.

5. The man was not impressive and he was basically riding his father's coat tails.

Unless Garrosh puts together a group of Orcs dedicated to capturing ghosts, I doubt she could really die.

Orc Ghostbusters?

Do kind of want.

Sylvanas: "ARE YOU A GOD?"

Orc Ghostbusters: (In unison) Zug zug.
I still think it's going to be Sha posession.

This was a well thought out thread. Very well thought out.

But there's the fact that Garrosh is going to be an end-game boss, and Son of Grom or not, having an Arms warrior as an end boss just seems kind of anti-climax unless he gets some sort of powerup. 25 battle hardened badasse > 1 Son of Grom.

Then there's the fact that Sha are drawn to the negative psyche. Garrosh is a walking tower of negative Psyche. That's like throwing a Fat roast into a room full of starving dogs.

Yeah, "Old God Corruption AGAIN" etc, but if just the regular ground troops showing up caused what we see in Pandaria now, then Having Coo Coo for WarStuff is going to really bring out the worst in the land. Not to mention anything he does when he himself is there.

That's what I think might light the powder keg, in any case. It makes more sense from a gameplay storytelling standpoint to have the big bad show up and then piss over the land we've been coming to know and love for the last few months.

1. That's really, really stupid.

It's Blizzard.

2. Why hasn't it been done yet then?

Sylvanas hasn't gone off the deep end yet.

3. What would be the point?

To amuse Her Royal Highness the Banshee Queen.

4. It would not cause a civil war because Garrithos was a racist jerk and a large percentage of Forsaken are High Elves, who he was racist to.

So... why can it not be a civil war? The undead High Elves don't follow him, big deal.

5. The man was not impressive and he was basically riding his father's coat tails.

... The man, with the ragged remnants of Lordaeronian forces, pushed the Scourge back and secured Dalaran and Capital City before Detheroc mind-controlled him and his forces. If the Dreadlords weren't there Lordaeron would probably still be a human capital in living human hands.
10/10/2012 02:05 PMPosted by Shimaula
I still think it's going to be Sha posession.

SPOILERS

The Old God Y'Shaarj is known as the Seven Headed God. He was killed, however his heads became the Sha. The Sha of Doubt, Violence, Fear, Anger, Despair and Hatred...

But that is only 6 heads. There is one head not yet revealed. My guess? Strife, madness or chaos is the last head.
I've actually heard though that Sylvanas has something to do with ousting Garrosh though, so I doubt they'd kill her off.

That said, I already want to kill Garrosh... If they kill off Sylvanas, seeing as she's my favorite character, it'll just give me an urge to quit the game. :|
Most Lordaeron-native Forsaken are human.

There may be more Dead!Elves than before when you include the devastation over in Ghostlands, but those bound to Lordaeron / Undercity / Oldschool would mostly be consisted of humans, with a small fraction of dwarves and Helves.
10/10/2012 02:16 PMPosted by Maoseitun
It's Blizzard.

Not an excuse.

Sylvanas hasn't gone off the deep end yet.

Attributing madness to random acts is not good storytelling. We should not assume just because it is Blizzard they will pull something out of their butts.

To amuse Her Royal Highness the Banshee Queen.

She didn't know the man, why would she raise him? For all we know he was left to rot somewhere random. It isn't like she deemed him important enough to carry his body somewhere. And we haven't seen his spirit anywhere, which means that it is fully possible he's just moved on.

So... why can it not be a civil war? The undead High Elves don't follow him, big deal.

Because then you're making him the villain again. This would be no better than Sylvanas herself. Even worse, why would Garrithos side with the Orcs? The Orcs killed his entire family and spurred his racism toward the High Elves.

... The man, with the ragged remnants of Lordaeronian forces, pushed the Scourge back and secured Dalaran and Capital City before Detheroc mind-controlled him and his forces. If the Dreadlords weren't there Lordaeron would probably still be a human capital in living human hands.

"By the time of the Third War, Garithos has risen to the rank of Grand Marshal, promoted not necessarily due to his own abilities, but his father's reputation and title."

From the CDevs. He was a warlord who basically just gathered all survivors to himself and fought against the undead during a time when they were all greatly weakened by the Lich King's dwindling power.
Why would he even want to kill Sylvannas? The Forsaken are the Horde's main power in the Eastern Kingdoms. Take that away and the Alliance controls more than half the world. Garrosh would not be happy about that.

And Garithos was a racist, hypocritical, and extremely stupid moron. Why would Sylvannas want him back?
Most Lordaeron-native Forsaken are human.

There may be more Dead!Elves when you include the devastation over in Ghostlands, but those bound to Lordaeron / Undercity / Oldschool would mostly be consisted of humans, with a small fraction of dwarves and Helves.

The High Elves were part of the Alliance and did fight with them often during the Third War. And yes, considering the devastation of Quel'thalas there would be a lot of Forsaken High Elves... which doesn't matter as they now all rally under the banner of the Forsaken and Sylvanas.

Lordaeron has ceased to be a human state and has become a Forsaken kingdom, meaning that no matter if you are Forsaken High Elf or Forsaken Human, your home is now Lordaeron.
The biggest reason for an offing that I could see would be Garrosh finding out that Sylvanus broke her word and kept using the plague regardless of his of warnings. I can imagine raising the fallen may not sit too well with him, either.