Lets show some Shaman love <3

Shaman
All I have been seeing lately is doom and gloom on the Shaman forums. Now, I'm not saying that the class doesn't have its problems, because it has quite a few.

But, think of it this way. We're all still here aren't we? We all still love our favorite class right?! We all still dream of the day that Shaman are revamped the way we want them to be, we keep holding on!

For this I say, lets show the Shaman some love! We all love something about this class, else we wouldn't be playing it in its current state.

So I ask of you, fellow Shaman, what do you love about your class? What is your favorite Shaman memory? Your favorite Shaman spell? What makes you keep playing this class that has been broken more times than we can count? Enough with the bad, lets put some GOOD SHAMAN VIBES UP IN HERE!

I personally love double fisting EVERYTHING with Lava Burst. Seeing all those numbers (even though they aren't high) pop on screen makes me a happy Shaman.

Everyone should share, lets keep the Shaman love going! <3
I'm pretty sure I'm just a masochist, and that's why I love my Shaman so.
10/02/2012 03:24 PMPosted by Zulraja
I'm pretty sure I'm just a masochist, and that's why I love my Shaman so.

I think we all have a slight masochism haha
I'm really, really loving popping Ancestral Guidance and Healing Spring totem when my group is at lowish health, then firing off a couple fire novas and watching all of the beautiful green and yellow numbers fill my screen. So great.

Also, Stormlash totem.
I started my shaman as enhancement and leveled as that for a long time, mixture of dungeons and pvp. I fell into healing once I got tired of waiting for dungeon queues. I think the timing that I started healing was good for me, as I had played for about 4 months beforehand.

I didn't read any of these forums then, so i was blissfully ignorant of any problems Cataclysm brought. I didn't use the cookie cutter spec and healed with talents that extended my totem's ranges. This allowed our pally to use another aura in the t11 large room fights where the totems' extended range was helpful. I skipped instant ghost wolf and made extra effort to plan my position ahead so I wouldn't have to move too much.

I really enjoy the casted healing of a shaman. It always feels like I'm engaged in the fight, and I pride myself on being able to plan ahead the hit and start casting on the target before the damage hits them. I got in the habit of watching dbm spell timers and timing healing rain to land in the closest tenth of a second after the ability hit.

I enjoyed cata a lot, perhaps because I didn't play much before that you would say, but whatever. IMO, the t11 fights were fantastic, and I enjoyed the first half of t12 too. I love Shammy mastery, because it benefits a player who can make that heal hit right before someone's about to die.

I do miss enhance sometimes. I wish we could have 3 specs. I stopped playing my shammy during the last tier because I got bored of him, and I've found new life in him in MoP.

Happy Hunting!
I started my shaman as enhancement and leveled as that for a long time, mixture of dungeons and pvp. I fell into healing once I got tired of waiting for dungeon queues. I think the timing that I started healing was good for me, as I had played for about 4 months beforehand.

I didn't read any of these forums then, so i was blissfully ignorant of any problems Cataclysm brought. I didn't use the cookie cutter spec and healed with talents that extended my totem's ranges. This allowed our pally to use another aura in the t11 large room fights where the totems' extended range was helpful. I skipped instant ghost wolf and made extra effort to plan my position ahead so I wouldn't have to move too much.

I really enjoy the casted healing of a shaman. It always feels like I'm engaged in the fight, and I pride myself on being able to plan ahead the hit and start casting on the target before the damage hits them. I got in the habit of watching dbm spell timers and timing healing rain to land in the closest tenth of a second after the ability hit.

I enjoyed cata a lot, perhaps because I didn't play much before that you would say, but whatever. IMO, the t11 fights were fantastic, and I enjoyed the first half of t12 too. I love Shammy mastery, because it benefits a player who can make that heal hit right before someone's about to die.

I do miss enhance sometimes. I wish we could have 3 specs. I stopped playing my shammy during the last tier because I got bored of him, and I've found new life in him in MoP.

Happy Hunting!

I definitely agree, shaman were in a great place in Wrath raiding. I never got to raid on my shaman, but the shaman in my groups were always great.

I fell in love with my shaman during cata, I've never looked back. I can hardly bring myself to level another toon, though I am really enjoying a boomkin ^.^
I love being usefull only once every 3 minutes.
10/02/2012 07:18 PMPosted by Cuts
I love being usefull only once every 3 minutes.

Here comes the negative Nancy ruining the love fest :P
The coolest class ever!

What's more cool that running around the battle ground with your 2 spiritual wolves and your fire elemental, calling lightnings from your hands, blazing enemies with the element of fire, striking them with my own fists empowered with the mighty storm, and generating so many changes in a battle with all the aiding powers the elements and nature provide?

The back ground of the class makes it great, what to be a shaman means.

Just ask this question, which legendary character starts the warcraft 3 rein of chaos being the chosen one and finished the cataclysm, and which is his class?
Now while not my first class I level it was my second and to this day it is my favorite class to play. I leveled this guy way back in BC and raided Kara with him as enhance back then. I loved it, still my favorite class to play to this day.

I've played every spec so much since then, while enhance is still my favorite though. I healed during ICC mostly cause my guild needed me as that at the time. Cata I played a little of every spec, while mostly being enhance, loved raiding Dragon Soul as enhance there was rarely someone who beat me, except on a few occasions.

While I haven't had the chance to pay Pandaria , cause I've had recent computer problems, everything I've read I'm still looking forward to playing, the thing that keeps me going all this time imo is the animation of enhance when its attacking, its like a big !@# storm going on, idk out of all the classes I've played (have one of everything at 85 except monk obviously), this is the class I still love playing over all my other classes.

edit: trying to fix typos since I wrote this out on my phone.
Keep the positive posts coming guys! It's inspiring to hear about everyone's fun times with their Shaman, regardless of how you played (:
I will admit it's on the right track to being better, I'm gonna level mine for engineer recipes but a few more changes need to happen before I go back to raiding on it seriously or trying to pvp on it.

Out of all 5 85s I had, it was the most stylish though.
Happiest memory was OP enhance in vanilla and no frost shock DR coupled with WF triple crits. From BC playing as a dps in raids was such a kick. Didn't play Wrath and cata messing around in arena using terrible comps but playing at 1800-2000k mmr then getting facerolled by RLS (why I never played it I just cannot explain lol)
My first toon was a Draenei Shaman way be in BC and from the first Lighting Bolt I was in love with class and my feeling towards this wonderful class haven't changed in the slightest. I play enhancement thou I may not be most well equip or the best enhancement Shaman I love this spec all the same. I don't know about other players playing the enhancement spec, but choose this spec because it was the "melee" spec which Ive realized it barely a melee spec at all (it brakes my heart). Now to the point Ive waited a long time for more melee abilities patiently and received zip.

In conclusion this spec need a serous revamp with need melee abilities the make the spec feel smooth.
COME ON BLIZZARD WAKE UP AND SMELL THE TOTOEMS!!!!
Shaman was my main in lk, just started playing him again. Didn't play cata. I'm back in love with the class. Shamans have always been on a wobbly line, so I'm never surprised when they aren't that great. I think we are doing okay right now though, idk what the gloom is all about. We are mid-tier dps according to the charts, could be worse. I'm still angry that mages got bloodlust though, that was our in to so many raids. Mages always have a top dps spec, took some of our uniqueness away. Should have given mages something similar but different enough to keep our lust independent. I understand the bring the player not the class motto, but utility has always been what made up for our midtier dps.
What negative are you talking about? Shaman is in a great place right now, pvp it's a solid burst dps spec with plenty of utility as well as the highest represented healer at high rating. Pve it's been CONSISTENTLY upper middle of the pack this whole xpac for dps, no idea about pve healing but I'd imagine it performs great as well.

What exactly are people complaining about? Please don't tell me its the "getting rid of dps cooldowns except for bloodlust" plan blizz has for WoD, we haven't even seen the first incarnation of it on PTR so it's WAY too early to judge that.
Favorite shaman memory...

I had a resto shaman ask me in the middle of Downfall "How do you never run out of mana and top the healer board?" so I stopped to whisper him my character build. Tellturic Currents, Glyphed Earth Shield and Conductivity. He was mostly relying on his totems and heal surges which is somewhat opposite of my play-style. I friended him on RID and told him how I heal the raid by just laying down a Healing Rain circle and spamming a lightning bolt macro that focuses on my heal-target's target, only tossing a healing surge on them when they are at half HP. Keeping those healing rain circles up for 30 seconds and getting crit-heals from my lightning bolts. Every lightning bolt added a charge to the tank's earth shield so I never had to renew it very often and focus on healing the DPS. Tellturic currents prevents me from ever running out of mana and even if I get low I can toss down a Mana Tide totem and spam more lightning bolts and be right back at full mana in seconds.

He was very attentive as I explained it. Next thing I know we both que in for another SoO and he's using my glyphs, macro and play-style. We pulled up Recount and he surpassed me in healing by a significant margin. He was so grateful for it and I felt like a proud shaman mother. :3
I love my shaman because...

In PVE the entire raid can be almost dead and then I pop ascendance and they are all full almost instantly. So fast you'll miss it if you blink ;)

In PVP they can really take a lickin' from physical dmg dealers and keep on keepin on, high armor combined with great throughput!

And... because everyone thinks it's perfectly normal (and even expected!) when I wear wolf heads, lizard heads, pronged dinosaur looking heads... :P In fact, the weirder my animal hat, the more compliments I will receive :D
Stormstrike and Windfury crits had me hooked!