Can we expect changes to Rune talent?

Mage
The game seriously got a lot more frustrating once I hit 90 and picked the PvE Rune talent, and I'm pretty sure that is the opposite of what is supposed to happen. Every single fight, I get to spend 1.5 seconds casting a buff on the ground, then I spend the next 60 seconds struggling to stay at that spot the room, fighting against mobs streaming a knockback while spinning, getting thrown up into the air, getting slime/ooze/poison/fire/magic pools getting thrown over the top of my rune, losing the ability to kite or at least step away from something whirlwinding too close to me and my personal favorite: reapplying the rune because of LOS or range.

Don't even think about using the rune while floating or swimming.

I can't even imagine using the Invocation talent. 6 second warmup before each pull? 6-second timeout while fighting to rebuff? God forbid you get interrupted...

I don't mind things being more complicated, but these things just frustrate the crap out of me.
Oh look it's this thread again.
The honest answer is that none of us know man. Based on blizzard's reluctance and comments from the developers during beta suggesting that they WANT us to feel like we are inhibited by movement, I personally am not holding my breath...

and I am rolling a tank
and I am rolling a tank just in cast things really do stay the way they are now.
Yeeeaaah....

...Mage level 90 talents SUCK, really, REALLY bad.

Rune of Power absolutely MUST be made a 2 charge instant spell, no CD, that recharges every... say, 30s. And it PROBABLY needs to have it's radius increased by a yard.

[rant]Incanters Ward is close to the dumbest idea of all time. A cloth class with a talent that REQUIRES them to take damage? Seriously?! I understand it's something of a 'situational' talent, but even as a situational spell, one GCD and requiring to take significant damage every 20 or so seconds is obnoxious.

Invocation is... yeah. Forced to stop and hump the ground for power every 40s is almost as bad as Incanter's ward. GOD FORBID you get interrupted in the FIVE seconds it takes to finish this. It's just... wow.

It's just.... stopping dps to do literally nothing every 40s is not fun. Having to stand in a circle the width of a chapstick that requires a cast time AND has a CD if you for whatever reason had to move is not fun. TRYING to take some damage and remember to re'sorta-buff' every 20s is HORRIBLY not fun and idiotic.

As it stands every single level 90 mage talent feels like a barrier to DPS, not an enhancement. Each one is just a chore to deal with in order to do the DPS we were designed to do. For crap's sakes, these kinds of 'barrier' mechanics are the ones I stopped playing my warlock! In fact, Improved Soulfire buff actually makes MORE sense than Incanter's Ward, it's actually a damaging spell, not a worse than useless shield that needs damage to activate.

UGH! I'm thinking I'm going to go full time RoP as it's the the least fun-devastating talent and simply not use anything if the fight makes me move around a lot.[/rant]
10/03/2012 01:08 AMPosted by Kovarion
For crap's sakes, these kinds of 'barrier' mechanics are the ones I stopped playing my warlock! In fact, Improved Soulfire buff actually makes MORE sense than Incanter's Ward, it's actually a damaging spell, not a worse than useless shield that needs damage to activate.

Go back to the warlock. Destruction has no such barriers. Big hits and spectacular burst. I stopped leveling my mage, but I'm holding out hope that the lvl 90 talents will change in the future. Until then, gaining exp on my mage is a waste of time.
I can't wait until I hit 90. 20% away from it.

So I can start bitzing about this. I hope you guys are looking forward to this.