Stone guard of Mogu'Shan Vaults

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
1 2 3 8 Next
Feels like it's tuned super high. I'm not against meeting a great challenge, but this seems pretty tough to deal with. We understand the mechanics, including that of when to break fire chains and not standing in bad stuff. We understand which one to pop the energy on and how to alternate the others so that they do not pop when they are no petrifying us.

So.... thoughts? Is the stone guard tuned too high?
Seemed perfect
remember i always feels that way first week...its never harder than now.
They said they tuned normals harder since LFR exist.
Seemed fine. Once our tanks stopped pretending they'd been dropped on their heads as children it died pretty quick.

Probably won't be puggable any time soon but for organized guilds I don't see the problem.
Seemed slightly overturned for a first boss. Second boss is noticeably easier and the third is also pretty easy.
10/02/2012 08:49 PMPosted by Xiic
Seemed slightly overturned for a first boss. Second boss is noticeably easier and the third is also pretty easy.

I'd definitely call the 2nd boss harder, stone guard pretty much dies once you figure out the mechanics. Feng has some pretty nasty throughput checks both in terms of healing and the enrage is tight enough to matter.
Stone Guards and Feng felt pretty well tuned imo. Gara'jal seems decent, only got a few minutes on him really.
Stone Guards feels a little too much for a first boss.
10/02/2012 09:06 PMPosted by Bazookajoe
Fight seems way overtuned from the beta video's... Can anyone lend any tips on how they delt with the chains.

Pop them during jasper petrify.
Fight is very easy if you understand the mechanics.

Just understand that when each add is "active" (ie trying to petrify your raid) you'll take 90% less damage of that associated type. So, for the Jasper Chains, keep all the links as close as possible and hold them chains until the Jasper Guardian is trying to petrify you, then spread out and break them (you'll take 90% less damage and the chains will do nothing in damage).

For a tanking perspective, almost 80% of the damage I took was Rend Flesh, the constant non-stacking bleed they apply. Having paladins with Hand of Purity helps, as well as using Active Mitigation that helps with bleeds.
It begins!

Also, it might be a little rough, but it sure was fun.
35% DS players walking into Stoneguards day 1, thinking they're overtuned.

But that fight was amazing, better than all of DS combined. (amazing how much more hectic 25 man is than 10 man)
35% DS players walking into Stoneguards day 1, thinking they're overtuned.

But that fight was amazing, better than all of DS combined. (amazing how much more hectic 25 man is than 10 man)

its easier on 25man
It was really fun. It's nice having an entry boss that isn't a complete snore fest, and it's been a while since we've had one that's not like that.
It was an awesome fight. All of the raid fights in there are. The mechanics are clever and you can tailor the strategy to fit your raid group.

If you want easy, you can go to LFR.

If you want average (this) you can continue doing normal modes and realize that raiding bosses shouldn't be a faceroll 1-shot like Morchok was.
What should the health pool of one of the stone guys be on 10man? thanks!