Stone guard of Mogu'Shan Vaults

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Prev 1 4 5 6 8 Next
Hello do i need a quest or something for LFR on Stone guard of Mogu'Shan? cause icant use LFR, Help me please.

thank you
LFR isn't open until next week iirc.
We walked in (granted decently geared) barely knowing any of the mechanics, and completely winged it. We one shot him. As long as your tanks how how to swap properly it isn't a hard fight at all. The only thing you could say is over-tuned is damage, but even then if you're 460+ it should be a non issue.
10/04/2012 05:39 AMPosted by Helagoth
and don't break chains unless you have Jasper petrifying

Just don't break chains. There's little to no reason to ever break them.

The only tuning issue with this fight is how absurdly more difficult it is on 25man vs 10. Not even having one of the mechanics on 10man due to only having 3 dogs is crazy simpler. Sure, the tank swapping on 25man was easier due to the dogs having energy decay, but that didn't compensate for basically twice as much ground stuff to avoid.

I'm not saying the fight is overly hard either way for a prepared group, just that considering "10s and 25s are supposed to be equal" and this being the first fight of the expansion, it was pretty surprising it went THIS far towards not being equal.

I have to agree with everything said here. This fight is much more difficult on 25m vs. 10m due to the negation of a guardians mechanic for the whole fight. Plus, 10m groups have a lot more room to move around the pools, mines, and deal with chains.

With that said, I think the tuning is appropriate.
thank you :)
Also, 10ms didnt have Cobalt this week (I believe, everyones talking Jade/Jasp/Amy), which made melee heavy hurt.
Looking at these posts and the profiles of some of the posters it seems perfect if you didn't need nerfs (maybe 5%) to complete heroic T13 but if you couldn't do any heroics prenerf you're going to struggle.

It sounds like it is higher tuned than DS but perhaps on par with T12?
10/04/2012 11:02 AMPosted by Sarvan
It sounds like it is higher tuned than DS but perhaps on par with T12?

Nah, tier 12 normal was definitely easier minus Ragnaros.

t14 mechanics so far, feel very pass fail.
So when jasper petrify is up just have everyone run away from each other that is chained until break ?

Sorry just want to confirm.

Yep, because that's when you are taking less of that form of elemental damage. You can also stand in the pools when you have amethyst petrification active. The damage you take is greatly reduced if you take it during the period when the boss that is causing it is the one that cast the petrification ability.

At that point, it just comes down to the tanks getting the taunting mechanics down properly, knowing when to taunt, etc.
Yep, because that's when you are taking less of that form of elemental damage. You can also stand in the pools when you have amethyst petrification active.
Are you saying that this is just a nice help to slow people, or that it's actually better to not move out of pools and just sit and DPS which Amethyst is active? Obviously, if your healers have no mana issues then standing in them will bring more DPS, but at least for less geared guilds it's probably a good idea to still make your healers happy and move.
10/04/2012 12:25 PMPosted by Loktronotron
Are you saying that this is just a nice help to slow people, or that it's actually better to not move out of pools and just sit and DPS which Amethyst is active? Obviously, if your healers have no mana issues then standing in them will bring more DPS, but at least for less geared guilds it's probably a good idea to still make your healers happy and move.

such a small gain for nearly nothing.
10/04/2012 01:33 AMPosted by Xiic
Took all of 1 pull with basically no foreknowledge beyond the basics of petrification. I'd say this is pretty standard first boss difficulty.

I watched your pull and to be fair, 99% of the guilds posting in this thread including mine dealt with chains the wrong way which is really the only difficult part of the fight. You guys did it the right way the first time so you didn't have the otherwise absurd damage that a lot of other people saw. Not that the boss is hard or anything.

And someone in your raid definitely had knowledge of the fight mechanics, I heard them mention specifics about SG and the next two bosses that would not have been obvious without beta experience.

Hope you enjoyed the stream!
I have no doubt that SOME people have watched videos, what I meant was that I personally had not, and I know many others didn't. Feng and Spirit Kings a few of us were in mumble watching streams of the night before, but not the stone guard. Most of the mechanics were pretty apparent just from reading the dungeon journal, occasionally a complex boss might take a combination of pulling it once or twice AND reading the dungeon journal, but I don't think that's particularly out of line.
First Stone Guard pulls felt very hectic because people were trying to do too many things at once. Without Cobalt up in 10m, you could effectively ignore at 1/3rd of the mechanics during each petrify phase.

• Jade petrification = Very low raid damage. Just stay out of stuff.
  • Jasper petrification = Best time to break chains if you're using that strat.

• Amethyst petrification = Much less emphasis on movement. You can pretty much turret DPS/heal since the pools do so little damage
  • We'll see how things go with Cobalt, though.

I watched your pull and to be fair, 99% of the guilds posting in this thread including mine dealt with chains the wrong way which is really the only difficult part of the fight. You guys did it the right way the first time so you didn't have the otherwise absurd damage that a lot of other people saw. Not that the boss is hard or anything.

And someone in your raid definitely had knowledge of the fight mechanics, I heard them mention specifics about SG and the next two bosses that would not have been obvious without beta experience.

Hope you enjoyed the stream!
    I have no doubt that SOME people have watched videos, what I meant was that I personally had not, and I know many others didn't. Feng and Spirit Kings a few of us were in mumble watching streams of the night before, but not the stone guard. Most of the mechanics were pretty apparent just from reading the dungeon journal, occasionally a complex boss might take a combination of pulling it once or twice AND reading the dungeon journal, but I don't think that's particularly out of line.

Haha, I was watching to see if saved would screw up so I could make fun of him but alas he got sat :(
    Stone Guard dies instantly once your tanks do it correctly.

It's fine.
    Stone Guard dies instantly once your tanks do it correctly.

It's fine.

I don't want to do things correctly!
    10/05/2012 06:25 AMPosted by Muhtotems
    You are chained with someone now your stuck with him for the rest of the fight.
    Or just run apart during jasper petrification when the chains don't do any damage.

10/05/2012 06:25 AMPosted by Muhtotems
    Call out for big aoe damage and small. Time your raidcooldowns for big aoe damage
    You shouldn't be getting "big aoe damage." You shouldn't ever be having un-petrified overloads going off unless your tanks are taunting incorrectly. Sure, it's the first week so things are bound to get a bit messy, but you shouldn't have to worry about it.
    fight is pretty simple, plan to kill it this weekend once i get some more gear (school sucking up all my game time).
    It is most definitely not overtuned. My guild pugged 2 people. We were missing enchants and gems, sub 460 ilvl. Killed them in 8 attempts once we figured out the best way to deal with jasper chains was to stack the entire encounter, they never fell off but they didn't do any damage. On the kill, none of them were able to overload without their petrification debuff. The OT always taunts the guardian with the most energy.

9 months of Morchock has poisoned all your minds.

Nice strat. Just had to look at your armory and you are making it a lot harder on your healers than needed. New tank model, since CTC is not attainable, is to get hit and expertise capped so you don't miss and have sotr buff up as much as possible. Just a heads up.
    10/02/2012 08:31 PMPosted by Sensations
    They said they tuned normals harder since LFR exist.

And because progressive nerfs are planned.