Crimson Cloud Serpent - Disappointing

Achievements
So I just completed the Glory of the Pandarian Hero achievement with my group after a few days of close misses on the "Cleaning Up" achievement only to discover that we can't ride our reward - The Crimson Cloud Serpent - until we achieve exalted reputation with the Order of the Cloud Serpent.

This is extremely disappointing as I feel that the work required to complete this achievement is much greater than that of completing a few dailies for a month. Additionally it is very frustrating as we play the game to complete group oriented challenges, not grind reputations.

The main problem I see with this is the fact that those who complete this achievement while it is still difficult are unable to use it until they spend more hours grinding rep. While those who wait a few weeks and breeze through it with Ilvl 476 gear will likely be able to use it right away as they have had a month to grind the rep.

I suggest one of two things be done:

1. Award Cloud Serpent Riding or allow for an alternate vendor who will train the skill once the achievement has been awarded for the same price that the Order of the Cloud serpent charges.

2. Reduce the required rep to train the riding to Revered but still award the blue/green/yellow mounts from the reputation at Exalted.

This way those who complete the achievement don't feel like they were awarded nothing, but others who want to get the Blue/Green/Yellow serpents still have to complete the intended rep grind.

As it is, why would I even use the Red one? I will have either a Blue/Green/Yellow one by the time I can use it anyway.
How dare blizzard hide this information.

If only there was some way to do research on something that has been known about for months.

If only..
Thank you for taking the time to put together such a carefully worded and well reasoned reply, I find your sincerity a refreshing change from all the trolls that usually flood online forums.

As someone who didn't play in the beta this was not an obvious issue to me (or anyone in the group I completed these achievements with). The point still stands that this is (afaik) the first achievement which has provided a reward which is not useable at the time of completion and this is what I have a problem with. "Rewarding" players with either nothing, or a tedious reputation grind, seems like a poor design decision to me and I am suggesting some simple fixes that will make this feel a little more special for those who want to complete it while it isn't completely faceroll. There are several threads on the European forums discussing this already and I would like to get some feedback or at least make it known over here.

At the very least, if this isn't changed, I would like to make it known that I (and many others) find this to be a poor implementation and would like to avoid seeing future achievements which fall into the same trap. It was much more enjoyable when finishing that final heroic achievement (in Wrath and Cata) left you with something to show for it.
What did you expect honestly?

You're the five millionth person to whine about this.
How dare blizzard hide this information.

If only there was some way to do research on something that has been known about for months.

If only..
This rep is SO easy to obtain. This was not some big secret. Its well known unless you are living under a rock.
10/03/2012 03:31 AMPosted by Aristrea
"Rewarding" players with either nothing, or a tedious reputation grind

Ummm... there are people already at exalted. I don't think "less than a week" qualifies as "tedious".
The issue was raised last Friday, what have you been doing since...
you cant get this rep to exalted in under a day, i'm not sure what everybody is complaining about.
10/03/2012 06:37 PMPosted by Donkey
you cant get this rep to exalted in under a day, i'm not sure what everybody is complaining about.

Maybe on your empty server, sure.
Would have hoped someone able to do the meta achievement in just over a week from release would be smart enough to work out the rep is like netherwing and can be farmed in a few hours.
10/04/2012 01:09 AMPosted by Buffjobk
Would have hoped someone able to do the meta achievement in just over a week from release would be smart enough to work out the rep is like netherwing and can be farmed in a few hours.

Not when there's a dozen people also hunting eggs at all hours of the day. I've flown for 20 minute stretches without seeing a single one. Unfortunately, I missed out on the extremely high respawn rates that allowed people to get exalted in an hour or less.

Edit: People complain because it's stupid, pointless, and contrary to every other mount reward that ever existed in the game.
Yeah I just discovered this, kind of annoying as I'm far too lazy to do dailies and grind rep to exalted, even if it only takes a day.

I also play on one of the most populated realms so really not looking forward to having to grind just to ride a mount, when I feel like the work has already been done.
Yeah I just discovered this, kind of annoying as I'm far too lazy to do dailies and grind rep to exalted, even if it only takes a day.

I also play on one of the most populated realms so really not looking forward to having to grind just to ride a mount, when I feel like the work has already been done.

The 3 dailies + 3 optional profession dailies take less than 15 minutes to complete, even on a high pop server, and it will only take ~18 days of them to get exalted.
10/05/2012 12:38 PMPosted by Shikai
The 3 dailies + 3 optional profession dailies take less than 15 minutes to complete, even on a high pop server, and it will only take ~18 days of them to get exalted.

What other reward requires 18 days before you're able to use it? And you'e not factoring in travel time to do those dailies. Flying to the Jade Forest and getting to a digsite alone could take 10+ minutes depending.
10/05/2012 05:44 PMPosted by Hasdrubal

What other reward requires 18 days before you're able to use it? And you'e not factoring in travel time to do those dailies. Flying to the Jade Forest and getting to a digsite alone could take 10+ minutes depending.

If you're in shrine of the two moons, teleport to org, then fly to the portal to jade forest.

Takes 30 seconds.
So much lazy in this thread.

Sounds like some people weren't around for Netherwing or forgot how bad that one could be.

My guild did it as soon as we possibly could and we knew we couldn't ride them off the bat.
Nobody whined - We just went and started the grind as intended.
So much lazy in this thread.

Sounds like some people weren't around for Netherwing or forgot how bad that one could be.

My guild did it as soon as we possibly could and we knew we couldn't ride them off the bat.
Nobody whined - We just went and started the grind as intended.

You needed Netherwing for mounts you could only obtain directly through Netherwing. However, you did NOT need the rep to use Netherwing drakes obtained through other means, like the Gladiator reward.

I know it's nothing compared to grinding out Steamwheedle Cartel rep, but that one's not a c_ckblock to items acquired through other means.
I got exalted in 3 days with lots of people farming eggs
and you have to remember wether we like it or not this is rep grind expansion