Dream 5.0.6/5.1 patch notes

General Discussion
1 2 3 8 Next
This is simply a self-made wish list of patchnotes that most likely won't happen. I don't intend this thread for people to add extra suggestions onto mine, but with that in mind. Most of these observations come from lots of 3v3 wargames at 90 in full gear on the beta vs some of the best players in the game as well as playing a lot on the game since the expansion has launched.

Bug Fixes
-All objects are again right click-able when they should be. As opposed to sometimes quest items/flags in battlegrounds etc with the cogwheel to right click just not appearing.
-Switching talents in arena no longer resets the talent upon leaving arena. This lead to certain exploits such as rogues being able to swap to paralytic poison in arena put on the buff and upon getting out of arena having both the original talent picked and the paralytic poison buff for a hour.

Death knight
-Death grip now has a minimum range of 4 yards (due to how well being able to use it as a interrupt scales with the 90 pvp piece)
-Dark sim glyph is now baseline(reduces cd of dark sim by 30seconds and increases it's duration by 4seconds). Promotes more use into mastering the ability or properly playing around it from the other point of view.

Druids
-Nature swiftness now has a 2minute cooldown up from 1 minute.
-Displacer beast now has a 45 cooldown up from 30 seconds.
-You can no longer wild charge to mushrooms.

Hunters
-Stampeding spirit beasts can no longer provide more than one spirit mend at a time.
-Bestial wrath no longer breaks pets out of CC.
-Scatter shot is no longer avoidable.
-Minor glyph for trap launcher that isn't toggled to make it easier for dropping traps at your feet.

*A series of changes that would prevent BM from globaling players and make MM competitive again. Instead of pigeon-holding good players into a mindless spec. Stampede is a good area to work around on lowering the max burst and buffing the sustained.

Mages
-Alter time is no longer purge-able.
-Frost bomb nerfed by 20%
-Spell steal mana cost increased by 300% (not even possible to oom if the mage isn't arcane even without being in mage armor, evocation, mana gems or the mana accounted for in the 90 talents.
-Spellsteal glyph now heals for 2% down from 3%. (or could change the glyph to provide a hot after spellstealing, but it wouldn't help as much in terms of a mages survivability when spam spellstealing hots)
-Counterspell is now a 2 second silence down from 4, but the lockout itself remains the same.

Paladin
-Binding light now has a 4second duration down from 6.
-Hand of Sacrifice is no longer able to be stolen by spellsteal.

Priests
-Shadow Word: Death glyph is now a minor glyph.
-Glyph of Desperation is now baseline (Guardian spirit/painsup while stunned).
-Priest mana efficiency significantly buffed (don't really know where that would need to be changed).
-Spirit shell is no longer dispel-able.
-Spectral Guise now has a 1minute cooldown up from 30seconds.
-Psyfiend now has a minute cooldown up from 45seconds.
-Psyfiend range reduced to 10yards down from 20.

Rogues
-The level 60 talent preparation has been removed and thus cooldowns are no longer balanced around having it, especially due to it's clunky design of a cooldown reset being placed on a mobility talent tier.
-Shadow step is now baseline and the level 60 tier revolves around improving step or burst of speed (replaces step)
-Shadow step is now a 20 second cooldown down from 24. (It's original cooldown since mid cataclysm).
-Vanish is now a 2minute cooldown down from 3minutes. (It's original cooldown since vanilla until mop)
-Blind is now a 2minute cooldown down from 3 minutes. (It's original cooldown since vanilla until mop)
-Cloak is now a 1minute cooldown down from 2minutes. (It's original cooldown until cata)
-Gouge bleed protection is now baked into sanguinary vein as opposed to dirty tricks. Dirty tricks still provides the no energy cost gouge/blind and the poison and bleed protection on blind.
-Shiv can no longer be dodged or parried. In addition Mind numbing poison's application no longer overrides the Shiv: Mind numbing debuff.
-Find weakness has been reduced to 50% down from 70%.

*As mentioned above, but fix the bug that allows rogues to have 2 level 75 talents in arena.
*Wasn't a issue in beta in full gear prior to 3 sanguinary vein nerfs (I presume to sub pve aoe), but if damage scales too high for a control class in later tiers of the expansion make it so shadow blades and dance can't be usable simultaneously.

Shaman
-Capacitor totem range increased to 15yards up from 8.
-Earth shield is no longer dispel-able.
-Purge glyph nerfed.
-More health on utility totems.

Warlock
-Unbound will is now a 2 minute cooldown up from 1 minute.
-Blood Fears range reduced to 20yards down from 30.
-Demonic Gateway now has a 3second cast time down from 5seconds.
-Demonic Gateway's charges are now generated every 10 seconds down from 15seconds to help promote more use in the ability.

Warriors
-Recklessness and avatar can no longer be used simultaneously. (That or nerf both the damage reck/avatar provide and lower the cooldown to compensate overall resulting in less downtime between cooldowns, but have them not be as bursty).
-Second Wind now heals 2% every second down from 3%. (or 3% every 2seconds).
-Gag order silence is now 2 seconds down from 3 seconds.

In terms of how biased you may think I am for suggesting buffs to the class i'm posting on. I also play mage/lock/priest and i've played all on beta, but the only ones i've leveled on live are rogue/mage and i'm very against how strong mages are currently.

Regardless, any of the rogue buffs I may have proposed are not any form of damage buffs, but quality of life changes in terms of making the class more fun to play and solving some issues with lack of extended survivability and being over dependent on cooldowns. Rogues don't have as much to room to QQ in terms of viability as someone playing a disc priest, but it doesn't excuse the issues rogues have with high cooldown dependency and long cooldowns.

I made a dream patchnotes a ways back in cata in s11 and it was mostly Warrior/Rdruid buffs, nerfs to Rogues/Mages/Locks/Rshamans and the removal of blanket silences based on the way cata was playing out.
-Blood Elves are now illegal.
-Flying Carpets are now two-seater mounts. It's a whole new world!
What I read was "buff rogues nerf every other class"
10/04/2012 10:15 AMPosted by Ðibble

That's also what I read.

That's also what I read.

If by making the class less cooldown dependent and toning down the vast amount of instant CC that's plaguing the dispel on cooldown game, then yea that's entirely what I meant.

I mean despite being a multi classer i'm obviously so incredibly biased to want to nerf other classes I play. Even though i've always mained a rogue because I like the thief archtype in any rpg, but in WoW I also play mage, lock and spriest.

Though, if you're going to defend warriors/bm hunters in their current state you're in denial and if you think disc is even remotely competitive that's a huge laugh.
10/04/2012 10:10 AMPosted by Jubba
-Flying Carpets are now two-seater mounts. It's a whole new world!

This made my day.
That's also what I read from the OP.

Yea, pretty much this.
-Shamans have been removed from the game. We never liked you guys anyway...

I dunno, I thought the priest ones were pretty fair.

OP, add in 'Divine Hymn is now Holy/Disc' and maybe make a shadow equivalent for dps, that would be awesome. Funeral Dirge, anyone? Holy, however, retains their 3min cd.
Today I learned, Warriors are actually using avatar. LOL

Also, by checking your profile I've noticed that you are a PvPer. Blizzard has always gone the route of balancing the PvE aspect, so raids are better suited for the players, and then went on to the PvP balancing side of things, so you may have to wait a while longer for PvP to become more balanced than it is, although it will still never be completely balanced.
- Valor from raid bosses has been increased, now caps at 1500 per week, no character cap.
- Valor gear is now equal to raid gear, and no longer requires reputation to purchase.
- Justice gear is now equal to heroic gear.
- All reputations can be championed using tabards in dungeons or RBGs / arenas.
- Shado-Pan and August Celestials are no longer gated behind Golden Lotus.
- Spirit of Harmony is no longer BOP.
-Rogues have been removed from the game, as we have found their playstyle to be unfair to the other classes. All Rogues will be reverted to Monks of equal level and gear.

-Druids no longer have to pick a specialization, they get all the bonuses of all specs, all the time.
nerf rogues.
10/04/2012 10:24 AMPosted by Flaya
Today I learned, Warriors are actually using avatar. LOL

In PvP it's a huge issue in terms of cooldown stacking and pretty much not being able to survive if it's setup correctly by a non-retard, especially when on a class that doesn't have an immunity cooldown.
General-
-Added new item: Lamenting Rogue Tears

Items-
Lamenting Rogue Tears:
Grants the Player Wind Walk; Allows the Player to become invisible, and move faster for a set amount of time. When the Player attacks a unit to break invisibility, he will deal bonus damage.
Charges: 1
Cooldown: 2mins
Obtained: Open World PvP Rogue Kill
Nahj, You sir have earn 3 internets

Bravo, good sir.
-Shadow step is now a 20 second cooldown down from 24.
-Vanish is now a 2minute cooldown down from 3minutes.
-Blind is now a 2minute cooldown down from 3 minutes.
-Cloak is now a 1minute cooldown down from 2minutes.

LOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NO

10/04/2012 10:05 AMPosted by Nahj
-Recklessness and avatar can no longer be used simultaneously. (That or nerf both the damage reck/avatar provide and shorten the cd to make them less cd dependent).

why the balls should they do that?

-Second Wind now heals 2% every second down from 3%. (or 3% every 2seconds).

lol rogue wanting another class' self healing nerfed with recup is stupidly strong

-Stampeding spirit beasts can no longer provide more than one spirit mend at a time.
-Bestial wrath no longer breaks pets out of CC.

seeing as stampede is a 10 min cd.. i dont see an issue with allowing a nice healing buff during that time.
and bestials wraths whole point is moot if it cant break the pet out of cc.

-Nature swiftness now has a 2minute cooldown up from 1 minute.
-Displacer beast now has a 45 cooldown up from 30 seconds.
-You can no longer wild charge to mushrooms.

ohh look. trying to nerf druid healing and mobility... thats cute

-Binding light now has a 4second duration down from 6.

... why!? is a disorient effect... its not even that good. maybe if they nerfed blind accordingly to keep things balanced

-Unbound will is now a 2 minute cooldown up from 1 minute.
-Blood Fears range reduced to 20yards down from 30.

sorry, they are taking a significant chunk of health to use either these abilities. they are fine.

i find this whole thread hilarious, but am glad that you werent misguided enough to think shamans needed a nerf. but thats just because rogues rofl all over them already
-Stampeding spirit beasts can no longer provide more than one spirit mend at a time.-Bestial wrath no longer breaks pets out of CC

Hey! Back off my spirit mend and the ONLY pet cc breaker I have! TYVM! (Not counting cunning, of course.)