Dissapointed that pet battles even exist.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next
He isn't a representative of all serious PvPers opinion, nor is the whiners in trade.

Of course he's not. The huge portion of the community that acts just like him certainly are a pretty good representation though.

The WoW "elite" PvP community (barring a few individuals here and there) is without a doubt one of the most toxic groups of people I've ever seen.

Show me evidence of this huge portion of community that acts like him.

Let us see the hard numbers. You're just spouting nothing but generalizations using your anecdotal evidence. You're being just as ignorant as the OP by generalizing a large group of people.
10/04/2012 10:41 AMPosted by Luwen
I for one (check my armory) will never participate in "pet battles." I feel like it was a waste of resources to implement. Why do you guys add things that take the focus away from high end arena PVP? (Probably because so few people can succeed at high ratings?) Anyway. I will be boycotting pet battles, I will NEVER try them, they are mini PVP battles for people who aren't good at true PVP.

first off you are truly brainwashed, the only fix Arena's needs is for there to be no gear, implement a GUILD WARS 2 like system, or just bring the Side loaded tournament system they already have into the main game, that's all Arena's needs for it to be 100% skill based.

Second, the pet battle system is AMAZING, and adding in tons of OTHER things to do in an MMO is what makes an MMO game great, See Ultima online for example.

We need even MORE things to do, i want to log into an MMO and say to myself.. ok what should i do today? i'll d this.

not say to myself "I NEED TO DO THIS TODAY" that's what ends up happening in a game that doesn't have much to offer.

Move along now.
I for one (check my armory) will never participate in "pet battles." I feel like it was a waste of resources to implement. Why do you guys add things that take the focus away from high end arena PVP? (Probably because so few people can succeed at high ratings?) Anyway. I will be boycotting pet battles, I will NEVER try them, they are mini PVP battles for people who aren't good at true PVP.

Because the entire game isn't centered around pvp in the first place
10/04/2012 11:00 AMPosted by Jbarta
I can't do anything but ROFL at your post. Total trolling. I am boycotting arena because it's full of people like you and I think they should take away from arena to give more resources to pet battles.
10/04/2012 10:52 AMPosted by Anarchy
Serious PvPers always have such stellar personalities.

Blatant generalizations based on one rude individual. You must also have a stellar personality.

It's not a generalization on one rude individual, it's a generalization on lots of rude individuals collectively known as the "pvp community."
10/04/2012 11:06 AMPosted by Irocain

What is there to do for pvp? Make more maps? Why even bother? Whenever Blizzard makes a new bg or arena you pvp kiddies scream bloody murder that you don't like it.

The one thing blizzard can do like i said in my comment above is remove the need to obtain PVP gear and implement a Template like Guild Wars/Guild wars 2 gear system where everyone has access to gear.

P.S. the Pet battle system rocks.

Blatant generalizations based on one rude individual. You must also have a stellar personality.

It's not a generalization on one rude individual, it's a generalization on lots of rude individuals collectively known as the "pvp community."

I've ran into hundreds of douchebags in PvE that ninja loot etc. Will I go generalize and assume that is all of them? Hell no, I know that just because I run into a few, doesn't mean they're representatives of the total.
It's a terrible troll. I would suggest not paying any mind to someone like the OP.
Where did I say otherwise?

I am just calling her out for making an equally pathetic statement as the OP.

You act like none of us have ever encountered hardcore PvPers, and are basing assumptions on here say. Some PvPers may in fact be wonderful individuals, but that is not the majority that I have come into contact with. When the majority of a group presents itself to others with an unpleasant attitude, opinions will be formed.
Where did I say otherwise?

I am just calling her out for making an equally pathetic statement as the OP.

You act like none of us have ever encountered hardcore PvPers, and are basing assumptions on here say. Some PvPers may in fact be wonderful individuals, but that is not the majority that I have come into contact with. When the majority of a group presents itself to others with an unpleasant attitude, opinions will be formed.

She labeled all of them, she wasn't labeling "some."

Show me proof of this majority, you guys keep making these anecdotal claims.

Pretty sure I've hit Gladiator.

I also enjoy pet battles from time to time.

It's okay to not like things.
Did Gary Oak knock up your mom, sister, aunt, grandma, girlfriend, girl you stalked and your dream girl?

Did Gary Oak then take all your pets?

I think that is what happened.

Gary Oak strikes again!
There are a lot of features this time around. You don't have to engage in all of them, and you don't have to let the entire community know about it either.
10/04/2012 10:45 AMPosted by Ansme
Argument invalid, because Pet Battles doesnt qualify as PVP.

lies, it does.

It's Pet Vs. Pet (note, I didn't read the other posts, someone might have brought this up already).

But really OP, no one is forcing you.
She was claiming all of the PvP community.

You sound so very defensive.

I didn't mean every single individual in the PvP community has a bad personality. Get over it.

Pretty sure I've hit Gladiator.

I also enjoy pet battles from time to time.

It's okay to not like things.
While I will never personally get involved with pet battles, it is a huge mistake to condemn them. My single biggest complaint with WoW over the last couple years is that it has grown stale. The devs are playing it safe and releasing the same old content with a newer shinier coat of paint.

Pet battles, while completely uninteresting to myself, are the first really new thing Blizzard has added to the game in a long long time. You gotta respect that they are trying to give players something that is a genuinely new experience within the game.

If you don't like them, don't play them. Brow beating the devs for introducing something you do not like only encourages them to protect their cash cow and release the same old crap over and over again.