Santiaga 2012

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 12 Next
From one Republican to another - ignore these fools, they don't get it.
From simply a political strategy point, I think I might have looked into the number of registered republicans who play WoW before smearing her with this.

In my experience, there is an enormous population of conservatives, from the military alone which would keep me from touching WoW with a ten foot pole when it comes to defaming someone who plays it.

In addition, I'm sorry that the opposition's site seems so upset she calls them 'teabaggers'. When you consider the offensive things Rush calls liberals daily.

And let's look at the alternatives:
-what if she spent those same hours watching TV?
-what if she spent those same hours at the bars?
-what if she spent those same hours having affairs?
-what if she spent those same hours away from family on the golf course or in Aruba or meeting with contractors about the car elevator for their 5th mansion?
-what if she spent her time colluding with corporate donors on how to screw the American populace to maximize their profits?

Believe me, there are much more morally reprehensible ways to spend your free time. And my guess is that those in opposition to her have picked one or more of the above as their 'moral' choice.
10/07/2012 10:29 AMPosted by Hellfang
In addition, I'm sorry that the opposition's site seems so upset she calls them 'teabaggers'. When you consider the offensive things Rush calls liberals daily.

Thought I'd clear this one up.

I'm a conservative-Libertarian/tea party type.

I'm not Rush Limbaugh. Don't associate me with him, for I am not him.

If you whiny libs have a problem with what he calls you, take it up with HIM and refute it. By name calling the rest of the opposition, you only prove him right.

Have fun with that.
I hear this on NPR friday really guys thats what you are going after her about. Honestly i'm conservative and it makes me ill that others are going after someone for playing a game(having a hobby). And who cares what she does in her free time, it's her free time as long as it's legal who gives a crap.

If you whiny libs have a problem with what he calls you, take it up with HIM and refute it. By name calling the rest of the opposition, you only prove him right.

Have fun with that.

You know, by calling me a whiny liberal, lumping me in with the rest of the opposition, you only prove me right.

Re-read the post - it was in support of conservative WoW players.
Considering U.S. politicians (especially in the Republican Party) spend their ON-THE-CLOCK work time:

1. Illegally (and un-constitutionally) suppressing other peoples' voting rights.

2. Illegally (and immorally) defunding Planned Parenthood.

3. Illegally (and unintelligently) cruising for gay sex in airports.

4. Illegally (although predictably) buying prostitutes and/or carrying on affairs.

5. Selling out their countrymen, military, and souls to the highest corporate bidder/lobbyist.

6. Changing laws and regulations to protect rich white criminals (sometimes retroactively).

7. Corruption (even as high as the supreme court), Fraud, Tax Evasion, Criminal Negligence, Lying, Cheating, Stealing.

Add to that all the people who download !@#$, play on Social Media sites, make personal calls, and yes, even play videogames DURING work hours.

Having said that, all Santiaga has to do is spend 1 hour per week in church, then she can as terrible a politician as she wants for the rest of the week. Oh and taking the lord's name in vain (for her own political gain) a few hundred times during her campaign wouldn't hurt.

Nice double-posted strawman argument, there.

It's pretty sad that they are trying to use the game to defeat her, but I can't say I have much sympathy for someone who calls people "teabaggers" on a regular basis (no I have never attended a Tea Party, in case you wondered). I have a strong distaste for namecalling that goes on on both sides, and it serves no purpose other than to make yourself and your position look weaker and give yourself a cheap ego-boost. I certainly don't approve of what they are trying to pull on her in Maine, and I am glad people are standing up for her as a gamer. It looks like she hasn't done much since before Cata was released, so, obviously most of her time is being spent on other things.

If I see her in game, I'll gladly demonstrate !@#$%^-*!@ for her Warcraft style, though. ;)

Have fun with that.

Agreed. I take issue with statements like that as well.

There are so many glaring double standards coming from the left when it comes to so-called name calling.

- Bill Maher called Sarah Palin the "C" word and a "dumb !@#$."

- Ed Schultz of MSNBC called conservative commentator Laura Ingraham a "right wing %^-*."

- Keith Olbermann said Conservative woman writer S.E. Cupp, "…should have been aborted by her parents.” He also called Michelle Malkin a "mashed-up bag of meat with lipstick."

- Matt Taibbi wrote, “When I read [Malkin’s] stuff, I imagine her narrating her text, book-on-tape style, with a big, hairy set of balls in her mouth.”

And what do we hear from the institutional left? Crickets...

I remind you, that every conservative targeted by these misogynistic knuckleheads was a woman.

Meanwhile, Rush Limbaugh calls Sandra Fluke a "!@#$" and the entire Democrat Media Complex rages, there are calls for boycotts, and Jeanine Garofolo's head explodes.

If you find nothing wrong with that you really have lost touch with reality.
That seems a trifle opinionated coming from one whose Guild is named for a !@#$%house Re:Wu #109
this kind of stuff ticks me off like when dr. phill said video games cause people to go out and kill someone irl. no dont blame real life society or the parents blame a game its easier than to take real blame for something that happens in the world. so what if a canidate plays wow in thier spare time they are people too and need to get away from the daily grind (lol)
I think it's terrific that Colleen is willing to admit that she plays online games. Most of us mainstream people don't talk too much about our gaming habits. But, I think that you will find loads of "liberals" and "conservatives" playing all sorts of online games.

I don't think she will have much time for gaming though when she get's elected to office.

Maybe she will start a new rage on Fox! Wonder what Sean Hannity would play? How about Bill O'Reilly? Hmm, who's that long legged wood elf nymph on "The Five"?
I'm a Conservative republican that works in the Financial sector who likes to do end game raiding. This is an incredibly ignorant thing to bring up regardless of party affiliation. The Republicans in Maine deserve to lose if this are the tactics they choose to employ.

P.S. This never would have happened if she specced Subtlety instead of Assassination. :P
10/04/2012 12:28 PMPosted by Spiteful
people trying to make a real impact shouldnt kill much time at all, let alone 20 hours a week.

20 hours a week / 7 = less then 3 hours a day less then a football game or round of golf and who says she even plays that much she hasn't leveled yet hasn't done any lfr ever looks to me like she is an actual casual who does a minimal amount of game activity doesn't even look like she has bought mop. I really hate mudslinging and this is just straight up redic her /played is probably incredibly low. I mean seriously look at her profile that is not a hardcore gamers profile; unfortunately most people will go omg she plays wow basement dwelling loser not like most wow players are college students or anything /sigh
why cant she find better hobbies like shooting your friends while hunting like other republicans.
Damn politicians, keep your publicity stunts and BS off my game!
I find American politics totally facinating and very weird
10/07/2012 01:55 PMPosted by Wyldefyre
I find American politics totally facinating and very weird

And very, very sad, especially when you live in the US.
10/07/2012 02:08 PMPosted by Spanner
And very, very sad, especially when you live in the US.

Yes...that more so then anything else

Have fun with that.

Agreed. I take issue with statements like that as well.

There are so many glaring double standards coming from the left when it comes to so-called name calling.

- Bill Maher called Sarah Palin the "C" word and a "dumb !@#$."

- Ed Schultz of MSNBC called conservative commentator Laura Ingraham a "right wing %^-*."

- Keith Olbermann said Conservative woman writer S.E. Cupp, "…should have been aborted by her parents.” He also called Michelle Malkin a "mashed-up bag of meat with lipstick."

- Matt Taibbi wrote, “When I read [Malkin’s] stuff, I imagine her narrating her text, book-on-tape style, with a big, hairy set of balls in her mouth.”

And what do we hear from the institutional left? Crickets...

I remind you, that every conservative targeted by these misogynistic knuckleheads was a woman.

Meanwhile, Rush Limbaugh calls Sandra Fluke a "!@#$" and the entire Democrat Media Complex rages, there are calls for boycotts, and Jeanine Garofolo's head explodes.

If you find nothing wrong with that you really have lost touch with reality.

Both of you really need to re-read my post.
1st - it was in support of conservatives who play WoW, i.e. you and the guy you quoted.

2nd - I made the exact same point as you did. Considering what the right has said about the left, it is hypocritical to utilize 'teabaggers' as some sort of 'proof' she is a bad person. If that were true, Rush would be a bad person, Glen Beck, Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly. There - any women in that list? I can assure you liberals will call right wingers ugly names regardless of gender. If it is acceptable to call Sandra Fluke names, it is acceptable to call them 'teabaggers'. If it is unacceptable for one, it is for the other. The reality is, people will make up offensive names for their opposition - it is human nature.

Unlike you, I am willing to say both sides are wrong on this and in my adult world there is not room for, 'but he started it!'. Either blow it off or don't engage in it, but the website used it for political positioning and to illustrate the point, 'this liberal is a name caller'. My point was look who is calling the kettle black. If the roles had been reversed, I would have said the same thing.

3rd - in this instance, is it the democrat media complex raging over name calling? No, it is you and the person who quoted me. What is good for the goose is good for the gander, take a spoonful of your own medicine.

This is completely off topic of where I began.

I began by saying that there are a lot of conservatives who play WoW and this may not be a good idea.

I want to thank you two for showing your support, Your polite, compassionate and understanding response will show people who conservatives truly are at heart.
10/04/2012 02:09 PMPosted by Jinglejam
There are so many examples of ways this game has kept people indoors at reasonable hours and out of trouble in general. The real world is a scary place. This game is a better example than most of a way you can air out whatever frustration you might have and relieve your stress, and I pretty strongly believe that it's probably not the worst hobby for one to have if they're trying to stay out of trouble. I don't know what that means for a politician and it might hurt her productivity here and there, but I do know that it'll keep her preoccupied enough to avoid whatever scandals might ruin her career. This website and smear-campaign is just absurd.

Well said!