WHY did you screw with shaman mechanics ?

Shaman
IF SOMETHINGS NOT BROKE THEN BREAK IT that is the Blizzard philosophy. I now HATE my Shaman and she was previously my most favorite toon. Goddammit give me back my old mechanics and QUIT SCREWING WITH STUFF THAT WORKS.
YES I MEAN TOTEMS.
Which mechanics would these be?

If you say "totems" I will laugh myself silly.
yes i mean totems. the whole "sticking magical stick in the mud" was tolerable when it was implementable in a timely fashion. now its simply horribly clunky and i grow more and more aggrivated with my favorite class.
Lol

10/05/2012 05:55 PMPosted by Tapi
its simply horribly clunky

Do go on. How are they clunky?
Maybe you should educate yourself on the new totem mechanics before being so critical of them?

I bet it would alleviate most of your unwarranted frustration.

The previous totem system was merely a band-aid to a horrible, Horrible buff system.
Constantly needing to tend to buff sticks was no fun at all.
Now totems have very specific and situational uses that make them much more interesting with which to work.
Hey delirious, what are the panda totems shaped like?

I've considering changing my shaman to a female panda.

The /waggle is irresistible.
Hey delirious, what are the panda totems shaped like?

I've considering changing my shaman to a female panda.

The /waggle is irresistible.

The totems are these small stone pillars tied with red rope.

Behold! http://i.imgur.com/RhMxX.jpg
10/05/2012 06:05 PMPosted by Delirious

<3

As soon as I have the money...
I sense camaraderie here and that I may learn something. I appreciate the opportunity. I used to be able to place 4 "magical sticks" at one time. They were a predetermined composition that I thought would help me and/ or my group. Now I can place only one "magical stick" at a time and I have to spend time determining which one from a dropdown.
MUCH MORE CLUNKY THIS WAY.
10/05/2012 06:09 PMPosted by Tapi
They were a predetermined composition that I thought would help me and/ or my group. Now I can place only one "magical stick" at a time and I have to spend time determining which one from a dropdown.

yes you would drop 3 passive totems and searing totem, then refresh searing totem every minute and your buffs every 5 (if the group even needed said buffs) now... your buffs are auras LIKE EVERYONE ELSE and you can single drop totems (ie searing: the only one you generally need)

protip: you can open the popout totem windows then drag specific totems onto your action bars. they simply combined the totems by element to make them easier to find in the spellbook

knowledge is power <3
10/05/2012 06:09 PMPosted by Tapi
Now I can place only one "magical stick" at a time and I have to spend time determining which one from a dropdown.

Well, you aren't supposed to drop ALL of your totems ALL of the time anymore.
Mandatory buff totems have been removed and reintegrated as passive benefits that can be found in your spell book.

And if you don't like the drop down menus you don't have to use them. No one is forcing you. Simply drag the individual totem icons out of your spell book and place them on your bar. Or make keybinds to the ones that benefit you most.

The only totem you should be consistently using is searing totem.
I don't understand what you mean.
10/05/2012 06:23 PMPosted by Tapi

*facepalm*
<sighs>

Take up juggling.

I think what he means is:

-some of the totems have turned to passives so they're not needed anymore.
-You don't need to lay down all totems all the time. They're situational so choose your spirit stick wisely.

You should watch for when to lay down specific totems. I think you can show a bit of initiative and manage a keybind or two, ne?
Thank you for your suggestions but Shaman is no longer my favorite class. Good luck to you all.
Don't really get what's clunky about them. They're basically just utility cooldowns with actual visual effects....

If they were invisible like every other boring cooldown buff, would you be saying the same thing? Probably not, despite them being the EXACT SAME THING.
10/05/2012 06:08 PMPosted by Woran

<3

As soon as I have the money...

You and me both, I think maybe.