What is so magickal about 10am PDT?

Customer Support
It seems lately that all the restarts happen at 10am, which translates to 1pm EDT. This time really sucks, as this is a prime play time for my wife and I before we go to work. An hour earlier or later would have been much better.
Because no matter when they do it, it will inconvenience someone. They try to pick times that inconvenience the fewest number of players.
phone lines open then? maybe that is when the people who do this come into work as well. could be countless reasons.
Because if I'm some poor server tech, I sure don't want to have to come into work any earlier on a Sunday morning?
Granted, i'm having to get used to the 10am PDT Rolling Restarts since i tend to play during my night at the moment. I'm sure Blizzard had a reason for moving it from it's original slot of 5am PDT to 10am PDT.
early am for west coast, very early am for aussies ... minor annoyance for east coasters ... it really inconviences the fewest amount of people this way imo.

and 5am is prime raiding time for aussies.
It's when a lot of people are logged in and Blizzard can disrupt the gameplay of the maximum amount of people without being too obvious about it.
10/07/2012 10:20 AMPosted by Mogrigg
Because no matter when they do it, it will inconvenience someone. They try to pick times that inconvenience the fewest number of players.

That's nice of you to defend Blizzard by inventing excuses.
10/07/2012 10:29 AMPosted by Mondale
That's nice of you to defend Blizzard by inventing excuses.

It is not inventing it is the truth. No matter what days/times they choose to do restarts or maintenance, they will never be able to do it without inconveniencing some.
Its funny not one of you have mentioned that realms have been down for a 1/2 hour. when it was Supposed to be 15 minutes a realm:)
Its because then Blizzard get EVERYBODY, 7 am Hawaiian time = 10 am PST!
I suspect blizzard is finally tired of all the crying, there is a cheque for MoP coming to our mailboxes, and Blizzard is shutting down the game to cease all qqing.
10/07/2012 10:37 AMPosted by Gnorlok
Its funny not one of you have mentioned that realms have been down for a 1/2 hour. when it was Supposed to be 15 minutes a realm:)

It also says the entire process should take around an hour.

R.I.F.
10/07/2012 10:18 AMPosted by Yinsushi
It seems lately that all the restarts happen at 10am, which translates to 1pm EDT. This time really sucks, as this is a prime play time for my wife and I before we go to work. An hour earlier or later would have been much better.

Didn't you get the Memo? Blizzard has standardized on Central Time Zone. So that is Noon CDT/CST
Nono it says individual servers down for 15 minutes, ALL servers done within the hour. They dont shut down every server at the same time nerf. And you always login and see (offline) today, stuck at Connecting.
they run Pacific time.
10/07/2012 10:41 AMPosted by Gnorlok
Nono it says individual servers down for 15 minutes, ALL servers done within the hour. They dont shut down every server at the same time nerf. And you always login and see (offline) today, stuck at Connecting.

show me WHERE it says 15 minutes.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794831163

We will be performing rolling restarts on Sunday, October 7th, beginning at 10:00 AM PDT. Downtime for each realm is expected to be minimal, and the entire process should take approximately 1 hour to complete.

Thank you for your patience.
I am back in and playing. I think the log in servers are very busy so will take a bit to get in.
It's yet another "daily" that has been introduced with MoP.
Saturday, October 6, 2012 4:39 p.m. PDT

We will be performing rolling restarts for all realms beginning at 10:00 a.m. PDT. Each realm should be affected for no more than 15 minutes, with all restarts completing within approximately one hour.

^^says right when you open World of Warcraft. Thats WHERE
Sucks when you try to make someone look like an idiot and it fails, Huh thunder?