The WoW Communtity

General Discussion
Has, once again, proven it's loyalty when it comes to helping others in need. My BF was on his warlock, when he spotted a rare Pandaren mob by the name of "Yul Wildpaw", in Townlong Steppes. This was one powerful mob, I did not partake in the fighting, I was preoccupied with other things, anyway, our friend, who has terrible internet connection, died constantly, as my BF did his best to survive on his Warlock, trying his best to interrupt in the Pandaren's heal. We play Alliance, and this Troll (race, not internet Troll) sees my BF is struggling to fight him and out of the goodness of this Troll's heart, knowing he was not going to benefit from the kill nor the loot, actually helped my BF and our friend defeat this mob.

My point is, even though we may slander each other, sometimes like spoiled children, doesn't stop us from helping each other out when we're in need, and there truly are good players/people out there in the world, and I would like to thank that Troll for helping my BF and our friend out. You're a very nice person, and I hope you get rewarded for your selflessness.
ive had a simular experiance, accept i was on this toon(horde) and i was trying to fight a rare, this ally was watching, me and the rare were both almost dead but of course the mob rare hits harder. the ally was watching the whole fight, i die with the rare having 3% health and he calls his friend over to kill the rare when i die. point is, yes there are some good people, but the bad out number them....by alot...
I'm sorry that happened to you, I would have helped, if I saw you, maybe it's just my server, IDK. To be honest, I think there's more good then there is bad, I really really do. The only reason we think the bad might be more then the good is because we remember our negative experiences so strongly more so then our good experiences.
I agree, people remember the experience that impacts them the most. Some it's the positive but for most it's the negative unfortunately.
I was setting up to attack a rare one day in the Vale, was looking to get some help, when some Tauren druid came swooping in and attacked it. I let him die, by the time he did my guild mate was there and we killed it. Some would be poachers don't seem to realize how tough some of these rares are.
Whatever you say, laowai.
I help people out with rares all the time, it makes me sad that people don't. I've had someone roll an alt just to thank me, and that just feels awesome.
I usually always help when someone needs it. When I see someone has multiple mobs on them, especially casters I'll go and pull the mobs of them and help, no matter what faction they are.
Rares on the other hand...if it's one I already have killed I'll help...if I haven't killed it yet then I'll just stand there and watch. If it's a flagged player from the opposite faction, I wont attack them, I'll just leave them be.
10/08/2012 06:55 AMPosted by Pwnstr
I agree, people remember the experience that impacts them the most. Some it's the positive but for most it's the negative unfortunately.

Unfortunately.

10/08/2012 07:03 AMPosted by Azendence
I help people out with rares all the time, it makes me sad that people don't. I've had someone roll an alt just to thank me, and that just feels awesome.

Doesn't it?

I usually always help when someone needs it. When I see someone has multiple mobs on them, especially casters I'll go and pull the mobs of them and help, no matter what faction they are.
Rares on the other hand...if it's one I already have killed I'll help...if I haven't killed it yet then I'll just stand there and watch. If it's a flagged player from the opposite faction, I wont attack them, I'll just leave them be.

Sounds reasonable :)
For every troll (the race, not internet Troll) that comes by to stop and help, there are about 10 trolls (internet Troll, not the race) who will wait for you to die so they can teabag your corpse.

Good that you found the first kind though