+25% healing to PoH and PoM

Priest
Ghostcrawler, on Twitter, 15 hours ago :

We made a buff to PoH and PoM (for D&H) yesterday.

It may not be live if you haven't seen it. I don't want to get in the habit of announcing hotfixes on Twitter. +25% PoH and PoM.

Edit. The hotfix is now live. Enjoy your bigger heals!
This is most for Holy priests. Disc priests remain into oblivion.
10/10/2012 09:30 AMPosted by Mahadev

I cast both Prayer of Healing and Prayer of Mending quite often as Disc. o_O
+healing but same mana. most if not all concerns are about 2 things:

1. MANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. PW:S is our bread and butter and it is crap right now
15% blanket nerf to all healing and shields (pvp only).

I guess they REALLY hate discs

1. MANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By increasing the Healing that means both PoH and PoM have higher Heal Per Mana (HPM). It should technically alleviate some mana stress for PvE. PW:S also should not see liberal use.

For PvP obviously this does almost nothing to help, but that's not my venue anyway.
This is a huge buff. I'm surprised there aren't more priests rejoycing over this. I know some of us have concerns that touch other spells or mechanics, but it's still a great buff for both disc and holy.
There are not more people rejoicing because it is a band-aid fix. I'm happy, sure, but it does not address the issues of PoH's limitations, poor mana, less-than-optimal tier 90 talents, Archangel and Spirit Shell's antagonism, etc. We're need a bit more things to be balanced and less clunky, but this is a good start.
10/10/2012 09:30 AMPosted by Mahadev

Better for Disc than Holy tbh.
Doesn't help PVP at all.
Is it a bandaid fix? Sure. But hell guys, at least its SOMETHING.

1. MANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mana is fine....but you have under 8k combat regen so...thats why.

Spirit Shell and PoM is your new "bread and butter" disc is never good at the beginning of an expansion...mainly because PWS costs wayyyyyy more than what it gives back. Holy is very competitive with the other classes in pve (...maybe not monks...theyre just so good lol) but as disc you really need to utilize divine insight and spirit shell. you cannot be bubble spamming like you could in DS at the moment
10/10/2012 11:31 AMPosted by Hottÿ
but as disc you really need to utilize divine insight and spirit shell. you cannot be bubble spamming like you could in DS at the moment

Divine Insight over Power Infusion? What dude? come on
10/10/2012 11:57 AMPosted by Dishcashflow
but as disc you really need to utilize divine insight and spirit shell. you cannot be bubble spamming like you could in DS at the moment

Divine Insight over Power Infusion? What dude? come on

IKR?
I love Divine Insight. :/
Although I'm also Holy, so...
i started using disc when i hit 90 for heroics cuz i just couldn't dish out big enough heals and retain enough mana. I find disc to be more mana proficient than holy for some reason. I've done the first three bosses in LFR twice once as holy and once as disc, and i honestly found it easier to heal and keep up mana as disc. Maybe i just haven't seen that buff two those two spells yet, but i feel like holy has less throughput per cast than Disc.
As an Spriest, i can't wait to check it out. I keep PoM up on myself at all times.