Disc PvP gearing options

Priest
So I've noticed that there's more to "of Meditation" gear this time around. On top of the spirit they've always had the pieces also include either haste/mastery or crit. Now, as far as I understand, crit is not so great for disc. So my question is, if there's a piece such as the cloak that is has spirit/crit, and the "of Prowess" cloak with no spirit has a significant amount of haste/mastery, would it make sense to take "of Prowess" over "of Meditation"?

Also, after getting the four piece mooncloth bonus, are other disc priests choosing the satin pants over the moontcloth ones?

Thanks for any input.
I'm getting Satin pants.
This season I'm probably getting full "of Meditation" gear and reforging to something else if I can afford it. (Not sure what trinkets I'll be getting though) Probably going to be stacking Mastery again, but like in Cata, I feel pretty unenthusiastic about all the secondaries. PW:S is easily removed purged/stolen. Crit just feels really lackluster. There's not enough haste on gear to make a huge difference.
I got meditation off pieces.
the satin piece I think is preference, I am gonna get Satin Helm, I think the satin helm is better stats then satin leggings vs moon cloth anyway.

As far as I saw its mastery/crit and spirit/crit. You do want crit as priest and some haste,I've reforged some to some crit, one thing I did notice +hit gear isn't needed anymore, I get a TON of +hit gear as priest with all the spirit infact, I get 4x more as disc then shadow...
PVP:

Disc priest must have stats are: spirit resillence mast crit and last haste
Holy priest must have stats are: spirit resillence mast haste and last crit
Shdw priest must have stats are: spirit resillence haste mast and last crit
Interesting. Glad to know the bit about the hit gear.

Okay, emblem of tenacity with 809 mastery, 293 resil and 293 power
or meditation with 1223 pvp power and 293 resil?

I'm surprised to see someone say crit > haste cus so far I've heard otherwise
Satin Helm over MC Helm
+483 Haste
+240 Mastery
-723 Crit

Satin Legs over MC Legs
± 0 Haste
+563 Mastery
-563 Crit

Really it doesn't matter though. :P

Are you sure we won't need PvP power? I'm trying to see if I can go for more of a PvP power and test the limits of atonement. I just need to grind more gear.

10/03/2012 11:10 AMPosted by Pooterscoot

I'm surprised to see someone say crit > haste cus so far I've heard otherwise

It's never been that huge of a priority in the last expansion due to Borrowed Time and Power Infusion. This time around, it's definitely more of a debate.
sorry disc stat prioities are: crit/mastery and last haste the above post is wrong. you do not need pvp power than what already come with gears and our insignia of conquest gives you solid pvp power which procs intel when doing damage or heals. tenacity give solid mastery which is very good to all 3 specs of our class tho some may want the spirit trinket instead.

spirit trinket: great for disc/holy priest

mastery trinket: great for shadow/holypriest (mastery doesn't stand very good with disc atm due to bubble dispels so crit is far more superior.

spirit/mastery trinket: neutral for holy priest why? mastery is a great buff to our echo of light from direct heals

holy priest can forgo "some" spirit for trade-ins of haste without having mana issues and without having to sacrifice survivabilty
spirit also plays a big role on mitigating damage thats people tend to over look too when it comes to pvp.

disc is way too dependant on spirit so this becomes a must have.
Crit is great for disc in PvP. It helps our spells hit harder and when they crit can proc DA.

I'm prioritizing spirit above all else at the moment.

Spirit > PvP Resil/Power > Crit/Int > Mastery