I see what you did there, Blizz...

General Discussion
This is either a pure coincidence, or someone from the lore department did something really naughty...

I'm talking about how the Horde-faction Pandaren, Huojin, so conveniently have a leader by the name of Ji Firepaw.

I mean seriously, with a first name two letters short of being the object highly discussed in one of Lonely Island's most popular song and a last name denoting having a limb that's on fire, I guess we all can safely assume the reason why the Jin is on Huo.

I'm sorry for being vague, don't really want to risk myself getting banned. =P

But anyway, just to elaborate further:

Huo = Literally Fire in mandarin.
Jin = Literally essence/spirit in mandarin.

Which is aptly named because the Huojin Pandarens are red and took care of the dwelling place of Huo, the Spirit of Fire.

However, Jin can also mean something more... naughty... if you know what's the alternative meaning, you would be able to understand what I'm saying.

Anyway Blizzard, intentional or not, gg. =)
I honestly wouldn't put it pass Blizzard to do something as subtly naughty as this though.
It was a lonely balloon ride to Orgrimmar, I guess.
10/04/2012 06:45 AMPosted by Linweiye
I honestly wouldn't put it pass Blizzard to do something as subtly naughty as this though.

Go look at the names of the daily quests for Hodir...there's nothing subtle about most of those names
Okay fine... Blizzard isn't subtle... Can we move on now? =(
:conspiracykeanu:
in krasarang wilds their is an NPC named Master Baiter blizzard and subtlety dont mix very well.
I'm talking about how the Horde-faction Pandaren, Huojin, so conveniently have a leader by the name of Ji Firepaw.

I mean seriously, with a first name two letters short of being the object highly discussed in one of Lonely Island's most popular song and a last name denoting having a limb that's on fire, I guess we all can safely assume the reason why the Jin is on Huo.

seriously?

you're reading way too much into this. its like the people who made the cookie monster on sesame street become the veggie monster

i'll use a RL example of something on my desk here . . .

i have this water bottle with water + crystal light. the flavour is strawberry + energy (caffeine [not enough time to make coffee this morning]) now think about that for a second, why strawberries for a caffeinated beverage flavour. Its because strawberries are an Aphrodisiac and its got caffiene to give you energy . . . i think they're trying to make us have sex.

see? something as simple as a flavoured water turned into "they trying to get everyone to have sex," as Freud would say, "sometimes the cigar, is just a cigar"
10/04/2012 06:42 AMPosted by Linweiye
I mean seriously, with a first name two letters short of being the object highly discussed in one of Lonely Island's most popular song

So they are taking a good hard look at that boat?
This reminds me of when Riot Games changed the famous LoL players name from "bigfatjiji" to "bigfatlp" after a tourney stream.
this type of post makes my brain rot.

I AM FORSAKEN
I don't think Blizzard enjoys subtlety in their references - "Ook 'em in the dooker" should attest to that.

If you have to reach that far for a reference in a Blizzard game, urdoinitrong, because the vast majority of references are meant to be seen and understood at a glance.
Nothing new here, remember this NPC:
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=11718