Happy with the cross realm?

Moon Guard
Are you happy with the cross realm? I loled so hard we got crossed realmed with Wyrmrest accord, but with Zul'jin? Come on! I left that realm to get long ago, because too much guild and raid drama on that realm, and last but not least alot of rude folks on there. idk I must ask you, Are you happy with who we are being cross realmed with?
I'm not particularly fond of it to be honest. I think it might be part of my issues for being unable to interact with some objects or loot some of my kills...

No proof, just suspicions
It doesn't really bother me. I haven't run into any problems with people, maybe I'm just lucky.
10/07/2012 10:16 AMPosted by Enaelda
It doesn't really bother me. I haven't run into any problems with people, maybe I'm just lucky.

This really. I rarely ever see anyone from another realm. Last night when we killed the Darkmoon Rabbit I saw 1 person from another realm. That was the first time in a long time I've seen someone from a different realm.
The only people who can come here in low pop zones are from matching servers. People can come through the Real ID system any time they wish though sadly...

As for my actual opinion on it...maybe some RP will occur outside of the capitals again? *shrug*
I dislike it immensely. Luckily it's not active in Pandaria unless somebody is specifically invited over.

Most of the time when I even cross paths with somebody even from another RP realm I just get emote spammed with /spit and the like, so there's that.

Also makes questing on alts in a few of the lowbie zones basically impossible. Namely places like the Hinterlands have terrible respawn rates on a couple of the kill quests that just makes it too frustrating to even bother with when you have even just 2 people there, let alone like 5.

Also makes questing on alts in a few of the lowbie zones basically impossible. Namely places like the Hinterlands have terrible respawn rates on a couple of the kill quests that just makes it too frustrating to even bother with when you have even just 2 people there, let alone like 5.

This! Leveling up my shaman was so brutal.
I like them.
Hate it. Finding that gathering in lower level zones is harder, quests that involve killing a singular or limited spawn creatures to be bad, rare spawns seem to be camped more readily, plus the whole non-RPer thing.
10/07/2012 11:00 AMPosted by Huanying
Namely places like the Hinterlands have terrible respawn rates on a couple of the kill quests that just makes it too frustrating to even bother with when you have even just 2 people there, let alone like 5.

This, sooooooo much this. When questing there a few weeks ago on my hunter, there were about 10 people on the same quests as me, and it was infuriating to have those measly quests take the two to three hours that they did to complete. I tried leaving and coming back after about 30 minutes, but more people from other realms were still there.

There's also the issue of the off server trolls greifing and trolling others on Moon Guard. It hasn't specifically happened to me, but I have watched it happen to others and heard about it often enough to believe that it is a real issue. I'd much prefer if Blizzard did away with this cross-realm stuff, or left it to just the starter zones we find in Azeroth. No continuing on through the quest chains into the higher level zones, no inviting people over, none of that. Moon Guard is a high enough population realm that these extra people just cause more and more lag, not to mention the extra time it takes to complete quests and the like.
I dislike it immensely. Luckily it's not active in Pandaria unless somebody is specifically invited over.

Most of the time when I even cross paths with somebody even from another RP realm I just get emote spammed with /spit and the like, so there's that.

10/07/2012 11:07 AMPosted by Melyria
Hate it. Finding that gathering in lower level zones is harder, quests that involve killing a singular or limited spawn creatures to be bad, rare spawns seem to be camped more readily, plus the whole non-RPer thing.

All of this.
I love it! Duelotar is filled with people most of the time. :D
I agree that it makes low-level questing quite obnoxious, but I'm holding out hope that it will get better once the new expac fever settles down a little. Maybe.

Hopefully.
I don't really mind it now that they've fixed some of the more glaring bugs.

All I use it for is hopping onto another much more low-pop realm and stripping it of its resources.

... Like fishing pools and Pandaria rares. I guess that's it.
I despise it. It's impossible to go to any zone without there being at least half a dozen other people around, meaning more competition for rares, nodes, quest stuff, etc. I did Argent Tourney dailies on my horde character earlier, and had to compete with more people than I did in Wrath. Oh, and good luck trying to level gathering on an alt, since chances are there's gonna be multiple 80+ toons flying around grabbing all the nodes.

I love how their stated excuse was "to let you interact with more people" when this game has no convincing reason for you to want any other players around outside of instances/bosses. Especially since half the people you run into will be opposite faction, and the other half (from my experience, at least) are off-server and either don't care about interacting with you, or are more than happy to grief your sorry butt because it's unlikely you'll ever see each other again.

As someone who strongly prefers cooperative gameplay to competitive, this is my least favorite thing ever added to the game (including Thrall).
No. I liked that lower level zones were a ghost town. Who groups with strangers to quest?
I despise it. It's impossible to go to any zone without there being at least half a dozen other people around, meaning more competition for rares, nodes, quest stuff, etc. I did Argent Tourney dailies on my horde character earlier, and had to compete with more people than I did in Wrath. Oh, and good luck trying to level gathering on an alt, since chances are there's gonna be multiple 80+ toons flying around grabbing all the nodes.

I love how their stated excuse was "to let you interact with more people" when this game has no convincing reason for you to want any other players around outside of instances/bosses. Especially since half the people you run into will be opposite faction, and the other half (from my experience, at least) are off-server and either don't care about interacting with you, or are more than happy to grief your sorry butt because it's unlikely you'll ever see each other again.

As someone who strongly prefers cooperative gameplay to competitive, this is my least favorite thing ever added to the game (including Thrall).

10/07/2012 11:07 AMPosted by Melyria

All of this.
It makes areas where you could very well be the only person questing in it more populated. I haven't encountered any huge problems with it.
Do not like it.

I receive a number of complaints from friends, those who roleplay in Thunder Bluff especially, about being harassed for being a Moon Guard player - that they shouldn't be roleplaying on WRA turf or whatever. Now whether or not this has been instigated both ways, I don't know, but I don't think either side deserves that kind of treatment.

Now, I'm happy for players on servers like Argent Dawn and Sisters of Elune to have access to a larger roleplaying pool, and that it's easier to find people to quest / interact with in general, but that doesn't justify what I mentioned in my previous paragraph. It's rude and you'd have to be a real, piss-poor sad roleplayer to get your laughs from rustling other RPers' jimmies.