Ink Trader Exchange Change

Professions
Prev 1 14 15 16 39 Next
Actually, it matters a lot. I have 45 SoW's saved up to make DM cards "of the mists" with my 13,308 Ink of Dreams just as soon as I can trade them for Starlight Ink as promised. I have a meeting with the GM of a raiding guild in 2 hours and 40 minutes at which I am supposed to sell him some or all of the trinkets to be made with those cards and inks. I bought thousands more Ink of Dreams last night based on Nethaera's promise the trader will be fixed this AM and I did NOT buy any herbs so I have no Starlight ink, unlike yesterday when I bought herbs, had Starlight ink and made cards.

So I will look like a total dishonorable schmuck if this is not corrected in the next hour or so, and it has cost me much of a day at work at my real job as well. So yes, when you promise people something and then you fail to do it, that matters! To me, it actually matters a lot, I will feel really bad if I have no trinks to sell the GM in a little while. I sincerely doubt Blizz will do one single thing to make up for my loss despite me paying them monthly fees on 2 accounts for years and years. At best, they are likely to say sorry and do nothing at all to make up for the inconvenience caused. At my company, when we promise our customers something and we fail to deliver, we go out of our way to offer them a free product or something to help make up for the loss. I sure wish Blizz was more like that and less like it is!
Somewhere around 4000, but I stop farming last week, lol
It's not your fault Sendai. Any reasonable human being will understand that.

OH Wait, you're talking about a GM.
10/09/2012 02:29 PMPosted by Zoeina
So, how much ink does everyone have stored up? I've got 2040 myself.

8,560 and counting.

Jesus, how big is your server?
10/09/2012 12:59 PMPosted by Hellaghetto
seriously stop qqin ... they will fix it ... some time this year ... untill then play the game and stop cryin on forums plz

Says the guy on the forums crying about guys on the forums....
Actually, it matters a lot. I have 45 SoW's saved up to make DM cards "of the mists" with my 13,308 Ink of Dreams just as soon as I can trade them for Starlight Ink as promised. I have a meeting with the GM of a raiding guild in 2 hours and 40 minutes at which I am supposed to sell him some or all of the trinkets to be made with those cards and inks. I bought thousands more Ink of Dreams last night based on Nethaera's promise the trader will be fixed this AM and I did NOT buy any herbs so I have no Starlight ink, unlike yesterday when I bought herbs, had Starlight ink and made cards.

So I will look like a total dishonorable schmuck if this is not corrected in the next hour or so, and it has cost me much of a day at work at my real job as well. So yes, when you promise people something and then you fail to do it, that matters! To me, it actually matters a lot, I will feel really bad if I have no trinks to sell the GM in a little while. I sincerely doubt Blizz will do one single thing to make up for my loss despite me paying them monthly fees on 2 accounts for years and years. At best, they are likely to say sorry and do nothing at all to make up for the inconvenience caused. At my company, when we promise our customers something and we fail to deliver, we go out of our way to offer them a free product or something to help make up for the loss. I sure wish Blizz was more like that and less like it is!

Sorry to hear about this, Sendai. Yes, provided you made the deal after this announcement was made by the blues, the GM should understand (though Liite may have a point, lol). Hope this is fixed and you are back on track soon!

And you expect to make a deck out of 45 Cards?
Are the ink traders active yet?

I don't know if I ever seen a bigger QQQQQ in my life.
Seriously guys - "liar" "promise" these terms aren't really all that correct. Neth told us of an intended change and something happened so Neth told us it would be looked into. They will give us a response most likely when they have a fix since all it would create is more QQ if all they did was explain why it didn't happen. They aren't ignoring the issue and they did not intentionally give us information to trick us so some calm would be great.

I am also invested in this issue - I am waiting on the change so I can do a server transfer as I want to use my 15 stored Scrolls before I change and have as others do thousands of inks on multiple servers waiting to be traded - that said this level of rhetoric is neither helpful nor fair especially directed at the messenger.
As of 15 seconds ago, they still are using Blackfallow ink. Thanks for looking into it Neth, appreciate your efforts!
This just doesn't seem like it should be a major issue. A few lines of code on a construct that already exists, hotfixed in....
Imma sad panda(ren) :[

And you expect to make a deck out of 45 Cards?

Do I expect to get a deck with 45 more cards made on top of all the cards I already have made? Yes, I do. I have 5 decks that just need 1-2 cards to complete so if I make 45 cards I figure I should get at least 3 complete with bad luck and little trading, 4-5 with better luck and more trades. Theoretically with awesome luck adding 45 cards on top of what I have could produce 9 trinks I think, but I am not expecting to get anything like that. Of course I thought I had all day to make and trade these cards. Now, not so much.
I'm really sorry that you got affected so badly by this delay. It sounds like you went all out to be ready to make a crap ton of cards with the change today, and I can't imagine your frustration :( The only thing I wanted to say was that don't beat yourself up too much about being dishonerable. You didn't do anything wrong and you had no intention of going back on your promise to that GM. Most people interested in these cards have been keeping up with the ink trader discussion, and I'm sure the GM knew about it as well. There are blue posts all over promising the ink conversion to happen today and he can see himself that it has been delayed/bugged.

It will be frustrating not to have the trinkets for his raid today, but I can't imagine he would think it was your fault or that you were trying to mess with him. There is so much proof of your good intentions and the mistake Blizz had switching the vendor wasn't in your control at all.

So no more blue posts on this topic? Are we going to get the new ink trader tomorrow then? Any chance the DMF gets extended a lockout?
Its the 9th and no starlight ink....
I WOULD hope DMF gets extended if we are going to have to wait all week for it to happen, I don't see a point in even putting it in at all.
I also just wanted to add, I highly doubt they are delaying the change on purpose. They would assuredly get QQ for waiting another week until after the fair, but they would (and have) gotten far more from making a false announcement on purpose.

There's really no reason why Blizz would lie on purpose. They didn't have to say the change was happening today, they've been pretty vague on the actual date the whole time just saying "1-2 weeks after release." They obviously intended to change it today but there has been some kind of bug.

Another thing point to a bug is that briefly today a few hours ago the ink trader was completely untargetable for me. He was still standing at his location in SW, but I couldn't target or interact with him at all. It seems like they were attempting to update him but something went wrong

The only thing I would ask for is some kind of update even if it is just to say "we're still working on it". I know some people would think there's no point in a blue post if they don't have something new to share, but in frustrating situations sometimes people just like to hear anything from an authority figure, even if it's just to say they're still trying to fix it.
10/09/2012 03:27 PMPosted by Binksie
Another thing point to a bug is that briefly today a few hours ago the ink trader was completely untargetable for me.

Likely nothing to do with the specific vendor. This is a known bug that happens randomly to any object, from mailboxes to raid bosses, since the pre-patch, I believe.