Ink Trader Exchange Change

Professions
Prev 1 23 24 25 39 Next
That depends completely on the stats on the higher end trinket trinkets.

anyone remember the volcano deck from cata? you know, the one some specs used until into DS?

also, isn't VP supposed to increase the ilvl of gear at some point? I can see the Ox deck being used for quite a while if so.
This fix is urgently needed before the Darkmoon Faire concludes. The amount of farming it takes to make cards everyday is amazing without being able to trade in excess ink... I have so much Ink of Dreams I will quite literally never have to farm ever again. Hopefully this fix comes soon.
was hoping this update would happen before the darkmoon fair ends.... because by the time the next one rolls around the cards won't be worth !@#$ any more.... oh well...
10/10/2012 04:40 AMPosted by Salloreon
anyone remember the volcano deck from cata? you know, the one some specs used until into DS?

The healer deck was great for a while too. The new healer deck looks like it will last a while as well. All the decks are looking pretty good now. I just wish I hadn't offloaded a couple of my oxen cards for under 1k before I found out that they were updating the trinket. They didn't update the awful tank deck in Cata so I thought they were happy with it although it was worse than some level 80 trinkets.

I keep reading these responses saying that the price of decks will drop as soon as the trader is updated and I can't fathom why people think this. The item you need to make the cards, scroll of wisdom, is fixed for the most part. One a day and that's it unless you have five spirits to do the quest to get another scroll. Even if you were to farm ten spirits a day, that's only three scrolls a day for that one scribe. I don't think that many people are farming ten spirits a day. The prices won't drop drastically when the ink trader is updated.
I've been selling inscriptions. Going for about 1g a pop and I can make those a lot easier than I can make a deck of cards.

While I like the idea of making the cards and selling them, I want to save my scrolls and get myself some stuff before I even consider selling it to others. After all, it's about my fun. Many of you have more money than you know what to do with.

Here's a few steps to help you out.

1. Calm down.
2. Get a girlfriend (or boyfriend, I don't judge).
3. Repeat to yourself, "Everything will be ok. It's just a game."
I keep reading these responses saying that the price of decks will drop as soon as the trader is updated and I can't fathom why people think this

At this stage of the game, many, many players have a level 85 scribe, if only as a rarely used alt.

It's not that there will be a lot of people making 50-100 cards. It's that there will be potentially thousands of charcters on each server making 1, 2 or 3 cards to "get in on the action." These sunshine scribes aren't in it for the long haul, just the quick profit. Worse, many will feel its free profit since they farmed the mats themselves and will not hesitate to undercut the next guy, not by coppers but by 1000's of gold per card.
10/10/2012 06:16 AMPosted by Gazuntite
I keep reading these responses saying that the price of decks will drop as soon as the trader is updated and I can't fathom why people think this

At this stage of the game, many, many players have a level 85 scribe, if only as a rarely used alt.

It's not that there will be a lot of people making 50-100 cards. It's that there will be potentially thousands of charcters on each server making 1, 2 or 3 cards to "get in on the action." These sunshine scribes aren't in it for the long haul, just the quick profit. Worse, many will feel its free profit since they farmed the mats themselves and will not hesitate to undercut the next guy, not by coppers but by 1000's of gold per card.

Don't discount the number of people who have multiple scribes and are sitting on dozens of scrolls waiting for the ink trader. There are 2-3 in my own small 10 man guild. I imagine they aren't the only ones planning ahead.

Once that trader hits the game the market will plummet till that supply dries up. If Blizzard "fixes" this before this DMF is over I'll be shocked.
10/09/2012 08:38 PMPosted by Nethaera
Unfortunately, when attempting to apply the hotfix, we ran into additional issues in testing. We don't have an ETA on when this will be able to be applied as of yet, but will be continuing to work on it. It's not a cut and dry fix unfortunately. Again, we appreciate everyone's patience while we work this out.

Can you update the initial post please? it's hard scanning 24 pages to find this.

Or create a new one post altogether.

This is how it is now. This wouldn't change if the vendors were updated. And yes, my scribe is 83.
As a Computer Science major, I am curious what bugs are preventing the implementation of the new ink trader. I can imagine it being a simple process, as Blizzard has updated vendors many times before, and they should have a basic code template in their library for the creation of new vendors. But we are not talking about creating a new vendor, right? We're talking about adding one new item to a list of an already created vendor. From a coding perspective, would not the code involved simply be a copy and paste exercise with a few different variables ... literally?

If we could get a response from one of Blizzard's software engineers to explain the deeper issues (*confused look*) with updating vendor lists, I think it would not only be educational for aspiring coders but also may help to ease some tension. . .

But, I agree. I think the DMF should be extended as a result.
At a later date as in before DMF ends? Next tuesday? A month from now? I am worried that you don't appreciate the fact that the important part of getting this out now is that DMF will ends on saturday. With the amount of excess dreams people generate farming starlights this is something the proffesion needs now. Not a week from now.
How is this not a "cut and dry fix"? You take one kind of modifier for a particular herb and change it to another herb. Why is it you try to make it sound like you are working magic when it is just a bunch of 1'a and 0's??
Unfortunately, when attempting to apply the hotfix, we ran into additional issues in testing. We don't have an ETA on when this will be able to be applied as of yet, but will be continuing to work on it. It's not a cut and dry fix unfortunately. Again, we appreciate everyone's patience while we work this out.

Can you update the initial post please? it's hard scanning 24 pages to find this.

Or create a new one post altogether.

I updated the original post for you. Again, we're working to get this implemented as soon as possible, but don't want to promise anything (again) if we continue to run into problems with the implementation. We'll keep you updated.

How is this not a "cut and dry fix"? You take one kind of modifier for a particular herb and change it to another herb. Why is it you try to make it sound like you are working magic when it is just a bunch of 1'a and 0's??

As I stated in another thread, what may seem simple may often be more complex than you might think. The game is very complex in nature with a lot of moving parts. A "simple" change can cause a chain reaction that has unintended (and often bad) results. We'd rather implement something as close to perfect (if not perfect) as we can than cause more unforeseen issues.
If there is no ETA on applying the hotfix, would you consider extending the DMF? This would alleviate pressure from a lot of the grievances people have and allow you all the time to fix this issue without unintentionally penalizing scribes.
Sigh. I'm so tired of farming herbs for hours just to be able to keep up with making cards for each of my scribes. I've been sitting on thousands of inks for a while now hoping for this change. I can honestly say 2 weeks to implement this is a bit much so maybe that can be taken into consideration for future xpacs. Any serious scribe doesn't need a week or two to swap out inks...

Thanks for all your efforts Neth. <3 Hopefully this is fixed today or tomorrow and updates are always appreciated.
It sounds more like their worried about implications on the economy than anything else... there are literally thousands of vendors set up that exchange one item for another in the game, I can't possibly see how difficult it could be to update 1 to take a new item instead of another old item, and to sell one additional item that it doesn't right now.

Also, it was previously implemented before MoP went live.
So did the Euro servers get their ink trader in today? Because if they did, how about the American division contact the Euro divison.
Sorry Neth but not buying it. We're being misled. 7 years of coding vendors but this one can't be fixed. Or better yet, made correctly months ago when this was in production and in beta?
I'd like to know how all these people who have said they were going to make 500 cards got all their scrolls of wisdom from. I mean you are only guaranteed one per day (although you can get a couple more through luck and SoH turn-ins).