Ink Trader Exchange Change

Professions
Prev 1 30 31 32 39 Next
10/11/2012 10:51 AMPosted by Nethaera
I haven't forgotten anyone over here as of yet. We're still working on things on our end and once we have the issue with applying the fix resolved, we'll get it out to you all. I unfortunately still don't have an ETA.

So if this happens after midnight Sunday morning, you guys are planning on extending the Darkmoon Faire by another week correct?
doubt it. they will fix it as soon as DMF is gone. hence the reason they have no ETAs 2 days later.
I haven't forgotten anyone over here as of yet. We're still working on things on our end and once we have the issue with applying the fix resolved, we'll get it out to you all. I unfortunately still don't have an ETA.

Let me help you with an ETA. It will magically get done after DMF.

I hope this helps.

What you really mean to say is, "We have an ETA but it's precisely right after DMF ends so that there aren't an influx of trinkets in game until one month from now when bigger and better trinkets are available to you through Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Springs. Enjoy scrambling to find that last card because herbs are so expensive atm and Starlight Ink is almost impossible to get!"

This is one of the only times in 5 years where I've looked at a Blue post and realized I was being shafted. The vagueness of your posts just prove to me that nothing is actually wrong with the system because you can't say exactly what is wrong nor what you are doing to fix it. All you do is say, "It's complicated and beyond your understanding and we can't tell you when it's going to go live."

It will go live when DMF ends. That is the truth. That is when it will go live. And unless Blizzard extends the faire so those of use who shoveled thousands of gold in making ink can actually get the ink to make the cards we deserve, I'm going to believe forever and more this was all just a way to cause a gate in the trinket creation process early on in the expansion.
Nethaera, thanks for all your efforts. This is quite important, to the extend any virtual game items can be, to a lot of us.

BTW, if you had the time & knowledge, information the other way would be helpful. E.g., it's software so you can't definitively say when something will happen. But you can definitely say when it will not. e.g. this morning's 10AM restart. E.g. if you were to know it was not going to happen as part of presumably tomorrow's 10AM patch that would be helpful.
Blizz employee getting ready to push hotfix thru on the 9th ... HEY WAIT shouldn't we wait till the fair is over before doing this...
It will be magically fixed after dmf. Working as intented
10/11/2012 11:10 AMPosted by Worgusha
It will be magically fixed after dmf. Working as intented

I already knew this after the botched first hotfix attempt, LoL@DelayTactics <3
If they seriously wait until the Faire is over, I'm going to reconsider my subscription. All my friends already moved to GW2 if blizz are going to postpone this patch just to stop more trinkets being made then there not worth my time.
@ Nethaera. At this point we don't really need an ETA. It's rather obvious that we're not getting a fix before the DMF is over, we can only pray for an extension. As I said earlier, I don't view any of this as your doing and I wouldn't want to be in your shoes... but please make sure that the people being paid to fix bugs like this are made aware that there a lot of very, very pissed people over how this is being handled.

What you really mean to say is, "We have an ETA but it's precisely right after DMF ends so that there aren't an influx of trinkets in game until one month from now when bigger and better trinkets are available to you through Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Springs. Enjoy scrambling to find that last card because herbs are so expensive atm and Starlight Ink is almost impossible to get!"

I said exactly what I meant to say in my post. I understand that people are concerned about it being applied after Darkmoon Faire. We're working on it though and I don't want to guarantee something (again) in case we continue to have an issue with applying the changes we need to make. We'll do what we can.
Honestly, I have been playing this game for a long time (I never had a relationship that was that long, even with my ex-fiance) and for the first time I would congratulate the Blizzard support.
I used to be a more active user on forums, but for the lack or replys, and when we had any was so vague, I decide to quit using the forums for any kind of feedback, or even to look for awnsers.
Now I'm really happy for what I'm seeing here...yea we still dont have a ETA, but for the first time I feel a little important for the attention that this issue is having from the support, not only with the attempt to fix it, but with all the feedback since the first moment that people started to complain.
Keep up the good work, and I hope all the others CM, from the others forum areas, learn from you how do their jobs, with excelence.
10/11/2012 10:57 AMPosted by Sergenti
blizzard obviously know what they are doing. This is the easiest fix in the world and any decent programmer could have this fixxed in minutes. They are purposely holding this hotfix back and will more than likely not be put in before the darkmoon faire is over.

As much as I don't want to jump to the conclusion that they are just plain lying to our faces about this and have some clandestine ulterior motive, I can't help but hear your point as ringing utterly true. What exactly could be difficult about editing a damn vendor that gives you item X in exchange for item Y? Really, how could that be a challenging task? I would love to know.
blizzard obviously know what they are doing. This is the easiest fix in the world and any decent programmer could have this fixxed in minutes. They are purposely holding this hotfix back and will more than likely not be put in before the darkmoon faire is over.

As much as I don't want to jump to the conclusion that they are just plain lying to our faces about this and have some clandestine ulterior motive, I can't help but hear your point as ringing utterly true. What exactly could be difficult about editing a damn vendor that gives you item X in exchange for item Y? Really, how could that be a challenging task? I would love to know.

Its because they have never changed item Y (Emblem of Heroism) to be a different currency before (Justice Points)..... its an all new thing for them.. give them some time.............
Then it works in beta fine but not here?
10/11/2012 11:22 AMPosted by Nethaera
I said exactly what I meant to say in my post. I understand that people are concerned about it being applied after Darkmoon Faire. We're working on it though and I don't want to guarantee something (again) in case we continue to have an issue with applying the changes we need to make. We'll do what we can.

If that were true you would extend the DMF another week. We know you can do it (you are doing it with brewfest). But we all know what the poster above said is true.

No, we're not concerned. We're all very well aware that it does not take half a week (or more) to edit a set of strings in a database table, which is what programming a vendor entails. We're upset, pissed, and extremely tired of being given the run-around on a subject that involves potentially a tenth of the player base (given that it's one of 10 main professions and many, many people have scribe alts). What has changed so drastically to the tables that's botched a vendor that was working perfectly fine in beta?

At this point I really couldn't give less of a crap about the inks themselves, it's just a video game and the pixel coins I do or do not make are not the problem. The problem is that it should not take any decent customer service team this damn long to at least come up with a convincing lie. It's as a poster said earlier, the information is likely there, it's just that we're not being given it.

I understand that you're likely being told that simply there's no fix, but you also seem like a pretty intelligent person. Does it make any sense to you that they can patch massive security holes in a game, put out hotfixes to patch loot bugs and exploits in the same afternoon as said exploits happen, but it takes multiple days to fix one vendor?

I understand that this isn't likely a priority fix in the sense that the above is... however I think that 2-3 days to come up with a fix should be more than enough.

The problem isn't that you don't have an answer. You can't help that. The problem is that you should have one.
10/11/2012 11:30 AMPosted by Zoè
Its because they have never changed item Y (Emblem of Heroism) to be a different currency before (Justice Points)..... its an all new thing for them.. give them some time.............

Uh... You realize when 5.0.4 launched there was an ink trader that had ink of dreams. It was later hotfixed to return to blackfallow ink.... They've already done the reverse of this process before, I honestly doubt the hold up is anything but intentional.

I think what people are reacting to is that it strains credulity that there is absolutely nothing Blizzard can do to put a stop-gap in place until whatever's wrong with the vendor is fixed. The fact that it seems so trivial to fix, so trivial to work around, and yet we've heard nothing more than "there's something wrong, we're not going to tell you what, and we have no idea when we'll be able to fix it," breeds these kind of theories.