Ink Trader Exchange Change

Professions
Prev 1 31 32 33 39 Next
So why exactly wasn't the ink trades for Blackfallow mentioned when 5.0 hit the servers instead of waiting till after the expansion when you KNEW the DMF was going to be within the first few weeks?

It's ridiculously poor planning on top of the fact that this still isn't implemented as days tick away from the Faire and hundreds more inks eat up bag space. It's absolutely stupid that this is happening in the first place.

Look at the potential for how many people you would have inconvienced with the swap at MOP launch as opposed to all the people who are basically left in the dust for their best in slot trinkets unless they get lucky or are willing to spend a ton of gold for the cards they're missing. Sure was worth it wasn't it?
Hey folks. I, like most of you, am waiting "patiently" for this ink trading to be implemented. But I must say: Is it so imperative to our lives on the grand scheme of things to raise this much hell? Conspiracy theories and repeat posts are only fueling the fire of what is, at the end of the day, a relatively mundane topic. Ask yourselves, are you only playing this game to make thousands of gold quickly off of darkmoon trinks that you, most likely, dont really need or will ever spend? I would like to have this ink trader in the game as well, but there are many other facets of the game to occupy myself with in the interim. There is rep to grind, new raids to run, heroics to farm, and many other new things. I have been watching this thread since the ink trader was supposed to go live and in my opinion, people need to stop freaking out. This will happen when it happens.
10/11/2012 10:58 AMPosted by Dazmar
So if this happens after midnight Sunday morning, you guys are planning on extending the Darkmoon Faire by another week correct?

I would hope so.
10/11/2012 11:59 AMPosted by Daenlihp
Hey folks. I, like most of you, am waiting "patiently" for this ink trading to be implemented. But I must say: Is it so imperative to our lives on the grand scheme of things to raise this much hell? Conspiracy theories and repeat posts are only fueling the fire of what is, at the end of the day, a relatively mundane topic. Ask yourselves, are you only playing this game to make thousands of gold quickly off of darkmoon trinks that you, most likely, dont really need or will ever spend? I would like to have this ink trader in the game as well, but there are many other facets of the game to occupy myself with in the interim. There is rep to grind, new raids to run, heroics to farm, and many other new things. I have been watching this thread since the ink trader was supposed to go live and in my opinion, people need to stop freaking out. This will happen when it happens.

I pay a company for a service and I expect to hold their feet to the fire when the service is not good.

If this was free to play i would agree with this attitude. However, since it is not I will not give them any more benefit than if my cable company service went down or was not working right.
10/11/2012 11:59 AMPosted by Daenlihp
I have been watching this thread since the ink trader was supposed to go live and in my opinion, people need to stop freaking out. This will happen when it happens.

Yeah it's not like card creation for best in slot trinkets is limited by not only the terrible acquisition rate of Starlight Ink to Ink of Useless but also a reagent that can only be made once a day or anything.

Oh wait.
10/11/2012 12:04 PMPosted by Mungoyoyo
I have been watching this thread since the ink trader was supposed to go live and in my opinion, people need to stop freaking out. This will happen when it happens.

Yeah it's not like card creation for best in slot trinkets is limited by not only the terrible acquisition rate of Starlight Ink to Ink of Useless but also a reagent that can only be made once a day or anything.

Oh wait.

this.
It's hard to understand exactly what is so hard about this change. I don't mean that in a condescending way, we just don't have enough information for it to be clear. With the Darkmoon Faire going on currently there's a short window of opportunity to get things done before having to wait another month. Not to mention I know I have over 1200 Ink of Dreams kicking around from having to mill so many herbs to get the uncommon ink for cards.

I know you're doing your best but it can't help but feel a bit like "the boy who cried wolf" with 13 posts of "we're working on it" but no particular details. Saying "we're working on it" hold no particular weight anymore.

All we can do is hold tight and hope it gets changed before the DMF ends.
So there is no short term workaround you could have done?
So there is no short term workaround you could have done?

I repeat-
*marches around with a picket sign*
EXTEND THE DARKMOON FAIRE!!!

This does nothing but fill the forums with useless texts

It's hard to understand exactly what is so hard about this change. I don't mean that in a condescending way, we just don't have enough information for it to be clear. With the Darkmoon Faire going on currently there's a short window of opportunity to get things done before having to wait another month. Not to mention I know I have over 1200 Ink of Dreams kicking around from having to mill so many herbs to get the uncommon ink for cards.

I know you're doing your best but it can't help but feel a bit like "the boy who cried wolf" with 13 posts of "we're working on it" but no particular details. Saying "we're working on it" hold no particular weight anymore.

All we can do is hold tight and hope it gets changed before the DMF ends.

I also would like to know how it breaks the game is it a economy problem or a game play problem or does doing so break something else that is not related to it at all? Please some more information would be nice
I guarantee you the DMF will not be extended, no matter how much you beg and plead. It would be one thing if card making was halted all together for some reason and the entire faire went by without a single person being able to make a trinket, but that's not the case. We can still make them, it's just quite a bit more annoying, costly and time consuming. I'm honestly just hoping for a hot fix some time today or very early tomorrow and sadly I think that is the best we can hope for.
At least I have almost 2k Ink of Dreams for when the DMF ends and they magically figure out how to fix their "issue".
I think any better short term solutions have been proposed that would be better than extending the DMF. These include but are not limited to:

1) authorize overtime for GM's. Let players who care about this mail their Ink of Dreams to the GM's and GM's mail back Starlight Ink, 1 SI for 10 IoD.

2) Put a special vendor character or object in the game that does nothing but convert 10 IoD to 1 SI.

3) Modify the spell that creates a Darkmoon card of the Mists from 10 Starlight ink to work from EITHER 10 Si or 100 IoD.

4) add a NEW Darkmoon spell that creates DMC from 100 IoD

5) Guarantee players who have both 100 or more IoD AND 1 or more SoW prior to end of the DMF that all such IoD and SoW's will be allowed to be converted by some future mechanism into DMC's shortly after the close of this DMF, perhaps on Tuesday October 16 on regular reset day.

I know there have been other suggestions; please forgive me for any I left out. As usual, there is no lack of creative and enthusiastic idea sharing from the player community. Sadly, there is a terrible lack of any response! I don't think Nethaera or any other Blizzard employee has so much as taken 2 minutes to thank people for contributing ideas; to discuss the feasibility of them; to reassure their customers that Blizzard will fix this in time for trinkets to be made this DMF, or anything else constructive. It's sad.

10 million people paying $15 a month = $150,000,000 = 150 MILLION DOLLARS a MONTH. That does not include all the absurdly overpriced charges for "digital items," server transfers, faction changes, you name it. That literally is far more than the entire budget of many countries. But with all that cash coming in, we've had no message of any kind now for 2 days. Nothing. And we give UP our free time to come post here. Blues actually get PAID to come and reply to our questions, suggestions and concerns. But they can't be bothered, can they?

I told my son he couldn't buy the new mount he wanted to buy this week because I want to give as little money as possible to Blizz right now. Frankly, I feel they are treating us like absolute garbage here. I would use a stronger word but I don't think that's allowed. I can't "boycott" WoW since I love the game and have a lot invested in it. But I went from thinking VERY highly of Blizzard on Monday night when they fixed the Oxen card to the worst opinion of them I have ever had (even beyond the horribly botched D3 launch period!). And Nethaera him or herself could easily have avoided my anger by just making a little time (for which I assume he is fairly paid) to come and give more updates, respond to the suggestions, give some assurances on the time frame of the fix and so on. So while I certainly don't think Nethaera is at any fault for the ink trader not working, I would have to give an F- for his/her followup and customer relationship management since Tuesday night.

What you really mean to say is, "We have an ETA but it's precisely right after DMF ends so that there aren't an influx of trinkets in game until one month from now when bigger and better trinkets are available to you through Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Springs. Enjoy scrambling to find that last card because herbs are so expensive atm and Starlight Ink is almost impossible to get!"

I said exactly what I meant to say in my post. I understand that people are concerned about it being applied after Darkmoon Faire. We're working on it though and I don't want to guarantee something (again) in case we continue to have an issue with applying the changes we need to make. We'll do what we can.

DMF needs to be extended a week at the very least.
Any update on This?