Sick of "comedians" like Colbert mocking WoW

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 25 Next
A lot of "comedians" these days are about as funny as a bag of crumbled paper :(
10/09/2012 01:16 AMPosted by Yzzami
A lot of "comedians" these days are about as funny as a bag of crumbled paper :(

This is because they get into politics too often. No more comedy skits like the three stooges and abbot and costello :(

"Who's on first?"

This is because they get into politics too often. No more comedy skits like the three stooges and abbot and costello :(

"Who's on first?"

And Ernest. Can't forget about Ernest. Oh how I miss The Three Stooges and Ernest.

Jim Carry's good too, I've not really seen much of his newer stuff though
WoW should not be compared to playing an instrument or being an athlete, nor is to be respected as equals. Because for most it is their career, not some flimsy hobby.
10/09/2012 01:21 AMPosted by Yzzami

"Who's on first?"

And Ernest. Can't forget about Ernest. Oh how I miss The Three Stooges and Ernest.

Jim Carry's good too, I've not really seen much of his newer stuff though

I like Robin Willian's and Jeff Ross' stand ups. They're both pretty good.

But it's still just mindless jokes. Nothing to get your head reeling like "Who's on First" does, only to make you laugh at the end when you realize it.
OP has several screws loose.

WoW players cannot be called elite, the best they can be called is committed to a hobby. The difference between these top teir playesr is not much other than time and the will to do so.
Link?
Let the uninformed media trolls do their thing.

they're all sad lonely !@#$%s anyway.

although I do take a particular liking to Mr. Colbert. I don't think he was mocking WoW as a personal attack. he pretty much mocks everything. even his guests. right to their face. That's just his way.
This is probably the stupidest thing Ive read all day.
Usually when Colbert makes fun of something he really isn't targeting that thing at all. There is often an "understood" element to the joke. He will make fun of something directly; however, it is the indirect source that is the real joke. It's hard to explain. At any rate, it probably wasn't WOW that he was making fun of in the joke; it was most likely the opposite (WOW-haters).
10/09/2012 01:46 AMPosted by Maelura
Usually when Colbert makes fun of something he really isn't targeting that thing at all. There is often an "understood" element to the joke. He will make fun of something directly; however, it is the indirect source that is the real joke. It's hard to explain. At any rate, it probably wasn't WOW that he was making fun of in the joke; it was most likely the opposite (WOW-haters).
i just saw the story (comedy channel australia is a lil behind) and what he was making fun of was using a hobby as a way to attribute someone with traits they dont have (playing operation botching a bone removals making you negligent, and playing RISK makes you a blood thirsty warlord) because of the nature of a game

tl;dr parodying people blowing games out of proportion, NOT the game(s) itself
10/08/2012 11:05 PMPosted by Vakaur
Maybe it's time you grow up and stop caring what other people say or think of you.
You may have gone just a little over the top that time. Just a bit. Like, past the "I defeated a 25-man raid single-handedly" over the top (belated appreciation for that one, by the way... just found it, and it deserved a wider audience than it got).

You're right.

I wanted to believe. I really did.

And yet I feel strangely relieved.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
10/08/2012 11:07 PMPosted by Jínxs

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool