Heirloom Items

Customer Support
I'm trying to get my BoA heirloom items from one character to another and it says "You can only mail to your own character"
My BoA gear is on Ysera, I had somebody invite me to Tichondrius so I can mail it to my character on Tichondrius. Help! It's not working
Well, even by doing that i still dont believe it will work sadly, so you'd probably have to xfer your character to tich to give the alt heirlooms
blargh thats lame, it says bind on account
Yeah it does but blizz still doesnt allow cross server heirlooms, they should but they dont, i dont understand why.
How the helll is this tech support?
what should it be?
General discussion forums for suggestions and discussion on the game.
10/10/2012 10:58 AMPosted by Atheius
Yeah it does but blizz still doesnt allow cross server heirlooms, they should but they dont, i dont understand why.

Money, If people really really want those heirlooms on another server but don't want to go through the work of earning them again, they will pay for a character transfer.

For us people with limited time and a good amount of money it is easier to just pay the $25 than it is to sit for hours and hours farming them out again.
Alternately, Blizzard's planning on it, but doesn't have the mechanics in place. They're not sitting on an easy fix -- they want this in place, too.
The mail system isn't designed to work cross-realm - since dev doesn't want to MacGuyver a fix, they're not going to rebuild the entire mail system just for heirlooms. They're plotting something from what the blues have said, but it's not going to be the mail system, and it's not going to be easy since they're having to build a whole new mechanic to do it. It's coming, just not right now.
10/10/2012 10:55 AMPosted by Rme
blargh thats lame, it says bind on account

No it doesn't.

It says it binds TO the battlenet account. (not "on" the account)

Just like any other of the millions of the items in the game, it cannot be mailed (or traded) to another server. It just has the ADDITIONAL restriction that it cannot be used by a character not on your battlenet account.
the name BOA is very miss leading it should be call bound to realm and it's been like this since LK so I doubt they will change it any time soon
10/10/2012 01:55 PMPosted by Thelca
the name BOA is very miss leading it should be call bound to realm and it's been like this since LK so I doubt they will change it any time soon

Go ahead, mail an unbound item to another server, let us know how that goes.

If they were bound to the server, you'd not be able to transfer a character off with one inventoried.
Go ahead, mail an unbound item to another server, let us know how that goes.

If they were bound to the server, you'd not be able to transfer a character off with one inventoried.

so they should call them BOA + $25.00 if you would like to use them on a different realm :p

It hasn't been like this since LK. It's been this way since the game's inception.

Just because you don't like the method of moving the items around, doesn't mean they can't be moved. I actively play on 6 realms and move the BoAs between them constantly. I even move the BoAs to another Battlenet Account.