Hunter Damage

Hunter
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
And btw, what does player's mains have anything to do with facts, logic, and reasonable posting?

Goes to credibility, Your Honor. The witness made an unbelievable claim (that hunters can do 190k damage in a single hit) without evidence, corroboration, or even specifying the alleged "over the top" ability.
What scares me is blizz nerfing BM damage making it go from crap to well , even crappier for pve. They can go ahead and nerf burst , but they'd need to buff sustained at the same time.
10/03/2012 12:33 PMPosted by Zouka
Ah, the idiot has spoken again. And again about alts and mains. Wonder why its so hard for you to understand this topic/thread is not about player's alts and mains, but rather about nerfing the burst potential of hunters.

The only moron in the room is the one who thought he could come post a bunch of BS with anonymity and got busted.

Ya mad bro? lol

Says the player with almost no arena experience at all. I mean obviously you would know everything you are talking about when it comes to pvp, amirite?

10/03/2012 12:38 PMPosted by Lazyguide
Yea, its way too high. Nerfing this would definately bring more balance into pvp. With or without resil, getting hit for 65% (190k) of my life in one hit, is a tab much :)

You didn't answer my question.
There is no question there. That's simply a false statement. You failed to address my counter argument and moved on to just whining about the damage to others who also provided evidence that there are far better examples of classes with OP damage atm.

Maybe read?
I did. Reading comprehension seems to be hard for you however.

Wait... so you are actually saying that hunter damage is not over the top in terms of burst?
If this was the question you were referring to, you did not address it to me or anyone else in general besides the person you quoted. As far as PVP burst goes, our burst WAS insane. Atm until we actually have the majority of the player base actually geared to see how the numbers are going, it's false to blindly state that it's still high after 90 (Atm, it's nothing special even with all CDs popped. Strong? Yes. High? Not really.)

Post some facts back by evidence and address my question to support your claim or be reported for trolling for attempting to cause forum unrest.

Ah, so you can't even locate a simple question I asked. Awesome job there :)

10/03/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Zeekarai
Dude...of course it seems OP. You're level 1. What'd you expect?

I know. I should go level, uh? Those level 1 hunters are just @%!#!#%*!# me though.

10/03/2012 02:24 PMPosted by Eponine
Wait... so you are actually saying that hunter damage is not over the top in terms of burst? This just makes you look foolish.

That is exactly what we're saying. Our burst is ridiculous, any other time our damage is crap. If you want to get serious responses a reword in your first post would be nice - "hunter burst damage is too high" vs' "hunter damage is too high." No decent hunter will disagree that our burst is very good.

10/03/2012 11:43 AMPosted by Khanner
And btw, what does player's mains have anything to do with facts, logic, and reasonable posting?

It has nothing to do with any of those things. However, it has a lot to do with credibility. Posting on a level 1 tells us that you're trying to hide.

Sorry, but when talking pvp (I know this is somethign you have almost no idea about) burst is is really what is important. Sustained is ok, but very few classes make use of sustained damage. Burst is much more important.

And posting on a lvl 1 alt has NOTHING to do with credibility or trying to hide. I am a 2300 player, as well as a fairly accomplished raider. Most of the people here, based on their achievements and pvp ratings, have aboslutely no idea what they are talking about. I post incognito because I prefer having discussions based on facts and reasoning, rather than "lawl, ubadu 1400 player", whcih I could have done to pretty much every hunter in this thread

10/03/2012 02:42 PMPosted by Gnorf

Goes to credibility, Your Honor. The witness made an unbelievable claim (that hunters can do 190k damage in a single hit) without evidence, corroboration, or even specifying the alleged "over the top" ability.

No it doesn't. And seeing as my credibilty blows yours out of the water, yet I prefer to still rmain anonymous should show something. Btw, there is no "allged over the top ability". You are a hunter, try using your abilities. You will see nothing "alleged" about it.

10/03/2012 02:48 PMPosted by Prescious
Yea, its way too high. Nerfing this would definately bring more balance into pvp. With or without resil, getting hit for 65% (190k) of my life in one hit, is a tab much :)

I disregard any QQing on a lvl 1 just someone that needs to learn to play

10/03/2012 02:48 PMPosted by Prescious

I disregard any QQing on a lvl 1 just someone that needs to learn to play

Im sure you have much to teach me on that toon that has never even pvp'd before, right? Pretty much this level 1 has as much pvp experience as your 90.

10/03/2012 10:24 PMPosted by Tigidou
What scares me is blizz nerfing BM damage making it go from crap to well , even crappier for pve. They can go ahead and nerf burst , but they'd need to buff sustained at the same time.

That is exactly what I hope they do. Last thing I want to see is a repeat of what they did to warriors and resto druids last expansion.
Don't blame the hunter, blame the pet.

Does most of the damage anyway.

All hunters need now is the ability to follow their pet toggle on/off ability.
lolololololololo
Sorry, but when talking pvp (I know this is somethign you have almost no idea about) burst is is really what is important. Sustained is ok, but very few classes make use of sustained damage. Burst is much more important.

And posting on a lvl 1 alt has NOTHING to do with credibility or trying to hide. I am a 2300 player, as well as a fairly accomplished raider. Most of the people here, based on their achievements and pvp ratings, have aboslutely no idea what they are talking about. I post incognito because I prefer having discussions based on facts and reasoning, rather than "lawl, ubadu 1400 player", whcih I could have done to pretty much every hunter in this thread

I'm not a 1400 player, but okay. If we say 2k is average, then I'm very slightly above average. See, this is exactly what gets you the responses you've gotten so far. Was I rude to you in any way? No? Then why attack me?

And did I say burst isn't important? I said that your wording made people misinterpret what you're trying to say. If you'd come and said specifically, "hunter damage with lynx rush and readiness-able BW is too high" then very few people here, if any, would disagree. I think you're reading my post as a defense of BM, which it is not, as I refuse to play BM and am waiting/hoping for it to get nerfed.

And actually, it does have a lot to do with credibility. You may not think so, but the many of people whom you're addressing do, and you can't expect to address a group negatively without making an actual argument. Seriously, present something coherently and I guarantee you you'll start a worthwhile discussion. Instead this might become a flame war, but maybe that's what you intended - in which case, good job.

Other than saying you look foolish if you don't think Hunter burst is way over the top, I don't see a point in whic I was rude or attacked you.

I lashed at many others some what harshly, but only from being attacked first.

And as for posting on a "main". I would suggest looking at the pvp profiles of the hutners here talking about how uncredible my level 1 alt is. The ironic thing is, my lvl 1 alt has as much, or almost as much pvp expereience as all but ONE hunter here.

I can understand accomplished players wanting someone to post on their main, but when you have almost no or none at all experience in pvp, why are you asking for something like that? Hell, pretty much any and every pvper that plays this game is more expereince and pretty much better than you by default.

Just look at this person here, the one that thought she was so clever for finding my main: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kargath/Zouka/simple

No raid expereince, no pvp experience, and asking that I show proof that I am a credible source to her. Hell, a retarded chimp would actually be a credible source to this particular player.

With that being said, I hate throwing ratings around in such a manner "lolubad" ect, and is also another reason I prefer to remain anonymous and just have a fact based discussion.
Don't blame the hunter, blame the pet.

Does most of the damage anyway.

All hunters need now is the ability to follow their pet toggle on/off ability.

Very true. Watched a match today or a hunter's pet chasing a resto druid around a column and just destorying the druid solo from 80% life. Granted the druid didn't have hots rolling on himself, but that is still too much "auto attack" damage that requires no thought.
Other than saying you look foolish if you don't think Hunter burst is way over the top, I don't see a point in whic I was rude or attacked you.

Except I did not say in any way or form that hunter burst is acceptable in its current state. In fact, I believe the exact word I used for it was "ridiculous." You also said "sorry, but when talking pvp (I know this is somethign you have almost no idea about)" - jumping to conclusions much? I'm no gladiator but I think I am one of the few people in this thread, besides Lazyguide, who has a clue. If you were not referring to me with that statement, then sorry for getting defensive. You quoted me so that's what it looked like.

I do agree that pointing out the main was stupid. Maybe if your main didn't have a single arena achievement, then his post would have had some merit. But all he said was "oh look melee complaining about hunters"... which was a dumb response.

However I still stand by my opinion that your first post could've been better worded, if you'd addressed an exact issue or ability/abilities you thought was over the top.

The statement "when talking pvp (this is something you have almost no idea about)" was directed at someone that said I need to "l2P", yet they themself have LITTERALLY no pvp expereince at all; no achievements, or games played. You can scroll up this page and see for yourself that you were not the one I quoted when I stated that.

I tend not to say such things to anyone (unless they are really calling for it), let alone someone with ratings almost that of my own. So yes, you did completely misread that and became offended over nothing.

And my post was 100% fine imo. Hunter damage is over the top, and does need nerfing. Everyone with half a brain can see that, and those that can't either have 1/4 a brain or haven't pvp'd yet. Its not just one ability too, its pretty much their entire arsenal of abilities. Pet auto attacks, casts, ect.
well this thread really lightened up my day

but i will say this

the sad part is blizzard generally listen to morons like this and nerf us oh well
the OP posting on a lvl 1 war = troll dont feed please.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujyUsCnbfrY&feature=player_embedded

Lewl.
People just don't know how to handle the stampede burst at the moment.

Disarm
AoE-stun (shockwave etc)
Fear
Defensive CD
LoS
AoE Slow

If you can live through the stampede burst you have a pretty big window before its back.

but yeah the burst does need to be toned down or at least spread out as it's !@#$ing crazy.
I personally wouldn't have as much of a problem with the burst if it was actually the player doing it. BM hunters basically run around with pre-90 cap Tol Barad guards at this point. Taking away the deadzone screwed everybodyelse over enough without having 5 pets in our faces collectively meleeing for 50% HP.
10/03/2012 11:24 AMPosted by Stalkings

Screen shot or it didn't happen.

I can beleive it, Ive done 164k with a powershot in my crappy gear.
10/04/2012 04:10 AMPosted by Xendril
I personally wouldn't have as much of a problem with the burst if it was actually the player doing it. BM hunters basically run around with pre-90 cap Tol Barad guards at this point. Taking away the deadzone screwed everybodyelse over enough without having 5 pets in our faces collectively meleeing for 50% HP.

and this is just bs,
1 pets are super squishy atm and can be pretty much globaled.
2 stampede is only a 25% damage increase over normal pet autoattacks.

Yes BMs pretty crazy atm, but hyperbole like this just makes you look like a QQing noob.