Hunter Damage

Hunter
Prev 1 3 4 5 8 Next
I agree and disagree with you Rob. Hunters are somewhat broken with their klunky abilities. But must disagree a bit with you about warrior damage. I ran 2's last night with a friend who needed capped and he was Ret. now every warrior we went up against any warriors. They were doing some crazy damage in the first 20 seconds of the fight. 500-750k to be exact. Now granted we are only at 1800 MMR but warriors are pumping out some crazy damage ATM.
10/04/2012 10:34 AMPosted by Robdragon
Warriors aren't even overpowered right now. I have to wait for ages to hit someone for 90% of their health. In my opinion, we should have an ability that gives us 5 stacks of taste for blood. Probably on a 20-30 second cooldown.

I agree with this Logic
I don't see why no ones complaining about rogues.. my damage is a lot better than a warriors, dunno why you're crying about warriors dmg seems fine to me.
Lol at the op getting reported because of stupid hunters finding some way to justify in their own minds that they aren't broken.

Give it a rest maggots.
What? MM had great burst in cata, and s11 was one of the best seasons ever for hunters, not counting beastcleave which was a stupid gimmick, just like lynx rush and stampede. Representation doesn't necessarily correlate to the viability of the class. For resto druids it did, for hunters it did not.

One of the best seasons for hunters? Isn't that setting the bar kind of low?

Is your problem really with Stampede and Lynx Rush? Stampede's burst was neutered in beta, and Lynx Rush is easy to counter with multiple targets. (Will most PvP hunters even take Lynx Rush?)

Until we see how the new season plays out, and people learn how to counter BM, I can't say they add up to "ridiculous".

Also, making the most of our burst potential means burning powerful defensive CD's, so there's significant cost and a balance to it. (Not to mention the inevitable downtime.)
Lol at the op getting reported because of stupid hunters finding some way to justify in their own minds that they aren't broken.

Give it a rest maggots.

The OP likely got reported not for complaining, but for being personally insulting and abusive.
Hunter pets are able to solo healers that are caught off guard (sending a pet to auto attack and kill a healer is unacceptable as it requires one press of a button)

Another incredible claim.

Give it a rest maggots.

The OP likely got reported not for complaining, but for being personally insulting and abusive.

Only towards those that started attacking me. I dont' start anything, just finish it.

10/04/2012 11:15 AMPosted by Gnorf
Hunter pets are able to solo healers that are caught off guard (sending a pet to auto attack and kill a healer is unacceptable as it requires one press of a button)

Another incredible claim.

Nope, not incredible. Truthful. With all that pvp experience you have, I would have thought you would have known this. lol...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ujyUsCnbfrY

Hunter pet damage, the match in RuinsOL, around the 6:30 mark.

http://www.twitch.tv/reckful/b/334399314

multi r1/gladiator mage/warrior attempting to kill a hunter pet.
Before I get mobbed by angry hunters, I'm currently playing bm spriest rdruid @ around 2k mmr, gonna be easiest 2.2 of all time (not claiming to be any good btw).

It is so obvious that bm burst is broken, in most games (particularly vs wizards where its basically a free win) all I have to do is clean kill target, randomly blanket the healer while the hunter globals - YES, LITERALLY GLOBALS (this phrase is thrown around a lot but it actually happens) and then maybe chuck a md if its a mage/pala who managed to block in the fraction of a second it took for the bm chunk his hp from 100% to 0. The only teams we have any difficulty with are - you guessed it, bm hunter teams.

You can't comment on this (gnorf/most hunters in this thread) because you are level 85 and based on your achis clearly dont play arena. Bm hunters are literally so broken it is not funny now, any high rated player will agree, and anyone who defends them is completely clueless.

And for anyone who says to kill the pet, this may work if you pop cds instagib it but any good team will be able to keep it up, and even if you kill it they can just summon another.

There are some pretty obvious fixes, i.e. reducing pet damage/buffing damage of the hunter, reducing burst and buffing sustained, and NERFING THE MOBILITY OF THE PETS (blinkstrike/uncc'able)

Some things people might not know, but hardly counter bm burst: z-axis maps mess with the pets so jump off to avoid burst, and silencing hunters means they cant kill command.
You guys that are complaining about hunter damage being OP are seriously retarded. I find it funny that this is actually the first time hunters have stepped up a bit to be good contenders in arenas. This just means you should see more of us in the ratings opposed to the repeating glads who have been running with the same teams season after season. We can now opt to run with more than just a selected few players. Just give it a rest already and be glad for us.
Before I get mobbed by angry hunters, I'm currently playing bm spriest rdruid @ around 2k mmr, gonna be easiest 2.2 of all time (not claiming to be any good btw).

It is so obvious that bm burst is broken, in most games (particularly vs wizards where its basically a free win) all I have to do is clean kill target, randomly blanket the healer while the hunter globals - YES, LITERALLY GLOBALS (this phrase is thrown around a lot but it actually happens) and then maybe chuck a md if its a mage/pala who managed to block in the fraction of a second it took for the bm chunk his hp from 100% to 0. The only teams we have any difficulty with are - you guessed it, bm hunter teams.

You can't comment on this (gnorf/most hunters in this thread) because you are level 85 and based on your achis clearly dont play arena. Bm hunters are literally so broken it is not funny now, any high rated player will agree, and anyone who defends them is completely clueless.

And for anyone who says to kill the pet, this may work if you pop cds instagib it but any good team will be able to keep it up, and even if you kill it they can just summon another.

There are some pretty obvious fixes, i.e. reducing pet damage/buffing damage of the hunter, reducing burst and buffing sustained, and NERFING THE MOBILITY OF THE PETS (blinkstrike/uncc'able)

Some things people might not know, but hardly counter bm burst: z-axis maps mess with the pets so jump off to avoid burst, and silencing hunters means they cant kill command.

Shocking that a person with a clue happens to not be a hunter. But yes, I actually agree that hunters are "broken". Not just op'd (like rogues were in Cata AFTER vial nerf), but broken, not working as intended, not doing realistic damage, ect.

10/04/2012 11:49 AMPosted by Wìx
You guys that are complaining about hunter damage being OP are seriously retarded. I find it funny that this is actually the first time hunters have stepped up a bit to be good contenders in arenas. This just means you should see more of us in the ratings opposed to the repeating glads who have been running with the same teams season after season. We can now opt to run with more than just a selected few players. Just give it a rest already and be glad for us.

Shocking, a hunter who doesn't have a clue. Watch the videos I posted and tell me there isn't something broken about hunters.
10/04/2012 11:44 AMPosted by Crawlz

I'd like to know how I can "just summon another" pet after current pet is dead without exploiting. If your pet is dead and you want to summon a new one, to prevent abuse, you must first rez your pet, then dismiss it, then summon a new pet.
Why is it setting the bar low? Or rather, why do you not think s11 was a great season for us?

You obviously felt the need to qualify the statement: "one of the best" and "for hunters". In the context of a discussion about whether hunter burst is "over the top" or "ridiculous", it's clear that we're talking about how hunters measure up relative to other classes.

In this context, representation is indicative of whether a class or spec is overpowered, and it's possible to say that S11 was one of the best seasons for hunters, and still be setting the bar low.

Under BW, stampede and lynx rush still do pretty stupid damage (to one target). And while we do burn defensives in exchange for offense, it's clear that right now it's worth it to do so, because something dies before we need to use a defensive cd.

I could agree that it's ridiculous to take a geared opponent, with all their defensive CD's available, from 100 to 0 in a few seconds. That seems to be what the OP is crying about.

I don't think it's anywhere near that easy, however.

I'd like to know how I can "just summon another" pet after current pet is dead without exploiting. If your pet is dead and you want to summon a new one, to prevent abuse, you must first rez your pet, then dismiss it, then summon a new pet.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=55709#comments

10/04/2012 11:56 AMPosted by Gnorf
Why is it setting the bar low? Or rather, why do you not think s11 was a great season for us?

You obviously felt the need to qualify the statement: "one of the best" and "for hunters". In the context of a discussion about whether hunter burst is "over the top" or "ridiculous", it's clear that we're talking about how hunters measure up relative to other classes.

In this context, representation is indicative of whether a class or spec is overpowered, and it's possible to say that S11 was one of the best seasons for hunters, and still be setting the bar low.

Under BW, stampede and lynx rush still do pretty stupid damage (to one target). And while we do burn defensives in exchange for offense, it's clear that right now it's worth it to do so, because something dies before we need to use a defensive cd.

I could agree that it's ridiculous to take a geared opponent, with all their defensive CD's available, from 100 to 0 in a few seconds. That seems to be what the OP is crying about.

I don't think it's anywhere near that easy, however.

If by crying you mean having a discussion, then yes, I am crying. But any smart person would use "having a discussion", and act like a complete retard and use the word "crying".

Considering that the season is two days old, there's an awful lot of tears about hunters, based on anecdotes. Right now, nobody has much experience with BM hunters.

I'm trying very hard not to draw premature conclusions; so forgive me for waiting for more data.
10/04/2012 11:58 AMPosted by Khanner

And that refutes what I said how? Heart of the Phoenix is a rez; you still have to rez your pet, dismiss it, and then summon a new one. Just because we can burn an 8 minute cooldown to save 6 seconds of rez time does not change the fact that you must first rez your dead pet before you can summon a new one.

And that refutes what I said how? Heart of the Phoenix is a rez; you still have to rez your pet, dismiss it, and then summon a new one. Just because we can burn an 8 minute cooldown to save 6 seconds of rez time does not change the fact that you must first rez your dead pet before you can summon a new one.

"just summon it" refers to rezzing it, not necessarily actually summoning another, different pet.

10/04/2012 12:03 PMPosted by Gnorf

Considering that the season is two days old, there's an awful lot of tears about hunters, based on anecdotes. Right now, nobody has much experience with BM hunters.

I'm trying very hard not to draw premature conclusions; so forgive me for waiting for more data.

Play some arena, and you will see. You have played ZERO pvp, so you are completely clue less. Some of us have already played dozens of matches against them. The evidence is there, yet you refuse to believe. I posted videos of hunter pvp, you didnt' even bother watching. Those of us that have played, can actually see the issues and have experience with hunters. YOU are the one that has zero experience with hunters, so don't lump all of us into your ignorance. On top of that, you have less then 200 games of arena total played, so even 75% of the way into the season, you STILL would be clue less on the subject based on how much you pvp.

Ball is in your court to cease from making yourself look like an idiot.