Could some disc priests post here please.

Priest
With disc active on your profile. I would like to see some disc priest profiles between the lvls of 85-90 so i can compare gear, talents and glyphs.

If any active disc priests would like to make any suggestions regarding rotation, gear glyphs, playstyle or anything else helpful I would be appreciative. I have been doing well enough. If I am in a group that wipes 90% of the time I die first.

I do have an issue with pugs and dps pulling aggro, it is a bit tough for me to keep up with 2 or 3 dps needing heals and the tank as well. I find that I am able to pull through w/o a wipe much of the time, however, many times I just have to let a dps die because I need to prioritize healing the tank.

I have been dealing with AoE damage pretty well using the tools I have, the group heal with the heal=bubbles and the circle ability that reduces mana cost of the heal while increasing the healing of the next heal works great in I know the dmg is coming. If It is a surprise like maybe the tank is unable to hold group aggro and dps are running around like chickens with their heads cut off and everyone is taking damage I can become overwhelmed. what are some effective ways to deal with situations such as those?

I am also shooting towards MT healing in raids with my guild and any suggestions at all related to anything that will help me to achieve that goal would be super awesome. I have always played a tank since vanilla and this is my first healer. I leveled him over a year by periodically doing bgs until about 70 when i began to heal in dng which was just about a month ago now.

Thanks ahead of time.

P.S.: I made my gear because I went fromlvl 76-lvl85 in the last 5 days before MoP and I wanted to run dng w/o having to quest for weeks or farm old heroics for jp and gear. I made a piece of the windwool gear and it proccedc blue so I went ahead and made the whole set for the Ilvl. I don't know if the gear is optimal for entry level MoP dng but in the few I have run so far I have not seen any drops with an ilvl over 410 and what I made is 415. I was flying blind with my enchants so I hit capped then just used whatever chants I had available to me that woould give me a skill-up.

EDIT: I am going to stay disc as I love the style of healing. While I may toy with holy I do not think I will enjoy it and I probably will not even try it out.
my main is a lvl 90, with great gear... but ever since yesterday, things have been getting real bad.

mana regen is suddenly very slow, and my damage/healing has been almost cut in half.

i dont know what they did, but whatever it was they need to undo it.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korgath/B%C3%B4nghitter/advanced

you may want to try crafted PvP gear if its better than what you have.
Yeah, i noticed a slight decrease in my smite crits but that may have to do with whether or not my weapon enchant procs.
As I said, I am doing ok. I would like to be doing super though. With that in mind, if any experienced disc priests would like to post here so i can take a look at you and maybe you can take a lok at me and make some suggestions.
General playstyle, rotation or anything that will help me improve my abilities as a disc healer.
I absolutely love bubble, PoM, HF, smite healing with the free falsh procs for emergencies or dps heals as the bubbles, PoM and dmg spells keep the tank up. I do use penance to stack that buff and if I am comfortable I'll use it to hit a mob or boss as the dmg done heals the tank anyway.
Maybe what I've typed here and above will give some insight into my playstyle and I hope to see some differnet disc priests setups and see their suggestions and helpful advice as well.
I'm currently logged in Holy, but this is the same gear I'm using for disc (just more haste in reforging). I did all my dungeons leveling & heroics for gearing as Discipline.

Get as much spirit as possible. Every piece or reforge if not. Mana shouldn't start to feel too tight until lvl 89. After spirit, mastery is the secondary stat to keep. You might also want to eventually look at Darkglow Embroidery over Lightweave.

Outside of terrible LFD groups, you shouldn't have too much trouble in the regular dungeons. We definitely can't be as inefficient as we could in Cata. I've had to re-learn to keep Grace stacked on the tank and use cooldowns aggressively. And not incessantly spam smite.

Typical opening on pull with a squishy tank might be: Holy Fire -> PW:S -> Penance -> Renew. Keeping grace up will help tremendously in keeping the tank up, which was something I had problems with at lower gear levels. PW:Shield will get very expensive as you approach 90. Generally, only use it when you can get rapture from it or when it's the only way to save someone.

If you know you don't need grace on the tank you can use Penance offensively to stack Evangelism quicker; Smite spam isn't going to be efficient. Not sure how the math works out with FDCL factored in (it seems to proc more from smite than heal)

Don't be afraid to use Spirit Shell as a throughput or mana cooldown in 5 mans. If you know the damage pattern of a pull, stack spirit shell where necessary to buy time, or roll Heals/GHeals on the tank. (remember that spirit shell heals scale with both crit% and mastery%)

Use Mindbender on cooldown (I'd recommend Mindbender of FDCL). Use Inner Focus on cooldown (with Gheal or PoH). Use any spirit on-use trinkets on cooldown. Use HoH on cooldown, use Archangel as a throughput AND mana cooldown when needed. (fewer casts -> less mana used)

See also Ashleycakez's healing guide and Elethia's gearing guide. (stickied)

If aggro is going everywhere there isn't going to be a whole lot you can do about it besides try to power through it and drink afterwards. AA + IF gives quite large GHeals and PoHs.
Mine needs a lot of work. I'm on a low pop realm so even some of my gems are crappy as I haven't been able to find the proper ones. In general I'm going with Elethia's guide though - spirit first, then master, then crit, then haste.
I would not recommend tank healing as Disc. You will go OOM several times faster than any other form of healing if you focus on tank healing.
<== 85, and still in Cata gear with the exception of the belt.
(For remembrance and reference).
my main is a lvl 90, with great gear... but ever since yesterday, things have been getting real bad.

mana regen is suddenly very slow, and my damage/healing has been almost cut in half.

i dont know what they did, but whatever it was they need to undo it.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korgath/B%C3%B4nghitter/advanced

you may want to try crafted PvP gear if its better than what you have.

I was told there was an adjustment to pvp gear, I too play disc and noticed a big sneaky nerf in regen from yesterday. Trying to get more spirit on me to compensate :[

Getting irritated by the little bugs too like pet not returning mana on immune bosses. :[ :[
Basically, you have to manage a few things:

1.) Grace
2.) Archangel (Atonement)
3.) Spirit Shell
4.) AoE Healing
5.) Divine Aegis (Inner Focus)

Since Grace gives the 30% healing buff, you really need to make sure that's on your tank and any other healing targets that need bigger heals. Otherwise, you want to use Penance on an enemy so that the atonement heals hit your tank. (Grace does affect Atonement heals.)

I tend to use Inner Focus + Greater Heal instead of using Inner Focus with Prayer of Healing. Since it's now a 100% crit, I want that big DA heal on the tank. Holy Fire the boss / mob. Then I can throw out Prayer of Mending and possibly spot Renews on DPS as needed. Keep Penance and Holy Fire up to get 5 stacks of Evangelism.

Then I typically hit Spirit Shell and pop a Greater Heal on the Tank to get another shield on him. Then I try and hit some Greater Heals under Spirit Shell on me and the DPS to get the Inner Focus to go off cool down (through Train of Thought) and stack more absorbs. By the time I'm done and Spirit Shell goes down, Inner Focus is off cool down and I can hit another big shield on the tank.

Then I can use Archangel for the healing buff then I'll hit some Prayer of Healing to get some larger DA stacks around. I use Greater Heal on the Tank to keep up the Grace stacks and keep that Inner Focus cool down lowering.

And well, in all that, I throw Mind Bender as much as possible. I'm not to using Power Word: Shield all that much. Since I typically take Power Infusion, I try to use that as much as possible to for Mana Efficiency. That and I have Lifeblood for a Haste boost. If you really get worried and there's low damage, you can throw a Heal or Smite around. But I don't get a lot of time to do that.

Use your Pain Suppression, Barrier, and Void Swap for those emergency moments. They're some really great PvE cool downs.
I'm sharing the end game raid stuff here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794980143
It's not for leveling, but I'm sharing general approaches to disc healing. Just don't fall into the pitfall of trying to do some kind of convoluted healing rotation.

Priests have always had many choices as to how to approach an encounter, and discipline is now bringing multiple options to a fight, which is confusing a large majority of the priest community.
Well, I'm not trying to create a rotation, but I have fallen into a pattern. Gear makes your choices a lot more flexible.
Thanks for all of the suggestions. Som of what I read waas eye openeing and at the same time disappointing. I cuurently do not suffer from any mana issues and can heal with hf bubble penance to stack grace and renew sometimes with a PoM floating around on pugs. Smite too.
It seems that based on this information this type of healing will n ot remain viable very long as I reach new levels. That sucks.
I have learned some ggod stuff and feel frre to continue with the suggestions or critcism or w/e
I have been playing all night long and I talked to several groups I healed and to some raid level tanks that brought allong alts. It seems the way I work smite healing is not the same as others. It has been working very well for me still. I used some of what I learned reading what you guys wrote and have managed to improve my group healing and healing in general. I looked ove the cost of spells and some of what I read here and in other posts doesn't add up. Maybe this is b/c of the way I use my tools or something else but I have yet to run into mana probs and I am able to keep an undergeared and first timer tank healed through and avoid oom and wipes. I guess I'll just have to see how things turn out in heroics.
you will do great until you hit 90. Any healer (heal spec) can heal regular and even most heroics. Its raiding where Disc and holy are so lackluster. Priest will be fixed again in a few months. We'll just ride the bench for a while.

Get as much spirit as possible. Every piece or reforge if not. Mana shouldn't start to feel too tight until lvl 89. After spirit, mastery is the secondary stat to keep. You might also want to eventually look at Darkglow Embroidery over Lightweave.

Good advice.

That's the approach I've taken while I am gearing and things are going well. With proper use of Mindbender I haven't had mana issues.
Check me out!!! i have 0 problems in heroics as disc and have a raid boss down or so. Smiting all the way. im finding after about 7k spirit mark mana issues kinda vanished. but keep at it u can definitley pull it off.
If ur having mana issues at 11.5k. ur doing something wrong. I only smite on feng during low damage and to get teh AA 25% proc..... so i think i know whato do ><