Blizzard impiment a random word for BG entry.

Battlegrounds
To cut down on bot's please impliment a code or something to enter BG's. No need to report afk botters if they can't get in, in the first place. This would be really awesome and probably simple. Late night PvP is filled with botters and it's really not fun playing with them.

Make something no one can write a script for.
I agree.
Only useful post on the entire pvp forums. I'd type a thousand captchas for this.
+1
Two good suggestions this week in the forums... the other was to run Arena of Annihilation for a 450 weapon until you can purchase a cata one.
10/06/2012 08:15 AMPosted by Faenya
the other was to run Arena of Annihilation for a 450 weapon until you can purchase a cata one.

IDK why people don't do this ..takes less than 10 minutes and it's a decent weapon
Yes I agree it won't bother me. The bots have always been out of control but now it's more than I ever recall. Guy at work [who I don't play with or like] brags about botting all day while at work and at night and has no fear of getting caught.

I'm all for a captcha if it will reduce the bots. Then rise the afk hit the space bar now and then people. Ugh.
Been asked for hundreds of times for years. Blizzard won't do it, don't bother asking.
people on here scream and cry against a captcha system being used, I dont see what the big deal is.
Bots could be designed to send the word off to some 3rd world captcha-breaking sweatshop, so this wouldn't really fix the problem.
Really good idea actually.
The only time worse was back in TBC. It was absolutely brutal for a stretch where you were getting 10+ guys routinely sitting in the cave in AV. Of course we had 5 in AV today and 3 in an AB so there you go.

And their great solution was to have players mark guys AFK. So, instead of just playing the game, you also have to do Blizzard's job because they are either too cheap or lazy to do it themselves. I doubt lazy but I do absolutely believe cheap.

Oh, maybe, they'll do their annual mass ban, which they make a big deal about, but actually solving the problem, implementing a captcha or something that would really fix the problem, I'd say you have about the same chance of this happening as a pleasant experience calling AT&T support for help.
10/06/2012 10:43 AMPosted by Osmeric
Bots could be designed to send the word off to some 3rd world captcha-breaking sweatshop, so this wouldn't really fix the problem.

Nope, because the BG bots are just people buying a program which farms honor (and levels) for them. It's no secret, do a google search. It's pretty pathetic actually, how Blizzard can't just download the same bot programs everyone else is using and ban people from using it. It really does show how little they care about botting.
This would on paper for most but then a lot of people would have trouble with craptcha. Blizzard needs to implement better tech to fight the botting, will it ever go away? No... But with a little smarts you can go a long way.
It certainly couldn't hurt, but I don't think it'll have as much impact as you think.

I suspect the majority of these people aren't full-on automated programs. They're people queuing up for BGs that simply don't do much/anything. They're probably at work, or watching TV, or taking care of their kids or something. Either that, or they're just super ineffectual PvPers. Captcha won't do anything against that.
It's the ones running scripts of stuff like casting arcane explosion or repeated mount ups or whatever 1 min cooldown they can use. It's super obvious. Reporting a player AFK in stuff like AB, EYE, or Gilneas is just too late, for the opposing team has already solidified the dominant position. While not the end of the world but just sheer numbers matters and bots ruin the gameplay experience. Apathy is not a culture we should support.