Still no Mobilization?

Story Forum
All this talk about Theramore being the factor that pushes the Alliance into the war, I wish we could SEE that. Fine, the 7th Legion and the Stormwind Royal Navy are fully committed, and have been since Cata, but the two other Alliance races with sizable enough forces still seem to be sitting on their hands. I can understand limits with developer focus on the new xpac, and older content staying in the same place as it was in Cata for a bit, but I wouldn't mind hearing a short story or something bring these up.

First there's the night elves. Even in cata where the horde pushed further into Ashenvale, they seem to be in guerrilla mode still. Sure the Sentinels in Karasang Wilds at least know their duty, but that wasn't even their first priority. The night elves have this dreadful little base called Feathermoon Stronghold off in the corner of Feralas. If you've ever been there as Alliance, or maybe did a fly-by on a Horde toon, it's HUGE (and that's just in game, which is often very much scaled down.) Even before the "full commitment" after Theramore, why haven't they mobilized sooner? Darnassus too, there's a barracks there, and probably a sizeable contingent of Sentinels, when are they going to move their operation to the mainland. A march through Darkshore from Darnassus, and a march through Desolace from Feralace, and the full Sentinel army has a good chunk of Horde forces in a pincer. Humans have the escape from Stonetalon cut off too (I think?). They have an amazing strategic advantage they have yet to take advantage of.

Second there's the Dwarves. Now, to be fair, many of them are working with Stormwind. But their main forces throughout Dun Morogh haven't really budged. They probably have enough to at least fight a strong campaign to try and kick the Horde out of the Badlands and force the Dragonmaw out of Wetlands, to secure and defend a good majority of Khaz Modan, but they don't seem to be going anywhere either.

I don't really think it's horde favouritism, I think it's developer forgetfulness. Not really knocking them too harshly, but Blizz writes too many things in at once, and drops a few balls cause they're holding too many. Not an entirely bad thing, except for the ideas that are dropped or mistaken, but that's why Ironforge has a Wildhammer Fact-Checker.
Those humans breed fast.

They lost... well, the best they had at Theramore, and then (literally) the rest to Garry's plot armour.

And yet, they'll be able to bring the 7th legion fleet to Pandaria to create a sizeable base .

I'd be very, very impressed with Blizzard if they threw some night elf ships in there, and some non-human races in prominent roles.
We are the part of the army near to the Prince when he disappeared. We then stumbled on a brand new continent.

We have sent for back up, in the mean time we are scouting around Pandaria. In 5.1, the rest of the army arrives.

What is with all these threads basically bringing up the same issue?

It's clear just looking at the two groups of Horde and Alliance that have landed so far, we are very pissed off with each other and openly fighting often. Now we land, say hello and find resources, and the war machine builds.

This expansion is supposed to be unusually episodic compared to the others, they want the story finished early, and then a new story to come to fruition, rather than one major storyline culminating at the end of the expansion's life cycle.
Night Elves can't fight the orcs straight on without unacceptable casualties. THats why the night elves prefer hit and run guerrilla attacks. Trouble is the Horde's hitting their bases hard now in Ashenvale and although Garrosh's offensive in Wolfheart was thrown back the Night Elves don't have the strength to throw the Horde out without risking a battle where they could literally lose the whole war.
So Wolfheart was a phyrric (sp?) alliance Victory?
10/06/2012 04:24 PMPosted by Ximothy
So Wolfheart was a phyrric (sp?) alliance Victory?

I believe, time wise, it goes:

Wolfheart

Hordeside Ashenvale Questing

Alliance Ashenvale questing

So... kinda.
10/06/2012 04:19 PMPosted by Randwin
Night Elves can't fight the orcs straight on without unacceptable casualties.

Apparently they can because they held the Orcs at Azshara in straight-up fighting for quite awhile until the player intervenes.
10/06/2012 04:41 PMPosted by Mordstreich
Night Elves can't fight the orcs straight on without unacceptable casualties.

Apparently they can because they held the Orcs at Azshara in straight-up fighting for quite awhile until the player intervenes.

The Night Elves are superior warriors to the Orcs.

The Orcs just have more numbers. If it were just those two races, I'd put the money on the Night Elves.

However it's not. The Night Elves can't stand against the Horde.
I would say most of your problems are indeed due to Blizzard's tunnel vision and only moving the story based on the immediate content, true.
Mists....... just started.
10/06/2012 12:27 PMPosted by Auryanna
Second there's the Dwarves. Now, to be fair, many of them are working with Stormwind. But their main forces throughout Dun Morogh haven't really budged. They probably have enough to at least fight a strong campaign to try and kick the Horde out of the Badlands and force the Dragonmaw out of Wetlands, to secure and defend a good majority of Khaz Modan, but they don't seem to be going anywhere either.

I think the dwarves are in a power struggle, if one of the clans sends their army out of Khaz Modan, it may loose favour with the other dwarven clans and loose sway in the Senate. SO in order to retain their position of favour in Ironforge, The Bronzebeard, Wildhammers and Dark Irons are pretty much stuck in Khaz Modan. I think that's why almost all* dwarven military movement is either within Khaz Modan (Twilight Highlands), or is under human orders (Southern Barrens)

*The ony dwarven movement I can think of that's not related to humans is the Stormpike.
Being told to wait and see for something that blizzard promises will happen in 5.1, is alot less effective after an entire exspansion of being told to wait and see for things blizzzard promised would happen but never did.

I am astonished at those that still have faith in Blizzard despite them repeating the exact same wait and see stalling tactics.
Being told to wait and see for something that blizzard promises will happen in 5.1, is alot less effective after an entire exspansion of being told to wait and see for things blizzzard promised would happen but never did.

I am astonished at those that still have faith in Blizzard despite them repeating the exact same wait and see stalling tactics.
So when Blizzard said you would fight Arthas, Illidan and Deathwing, did you think they were blowing smoke?

So when Blizzard said you would fight Arthas, Illidan and Deathwing, did you think they were blowing smoke?

Well, they actually said we wouldn't be killing Illidan initially, so hey.
10/07/2012 01:49 AMPosted by Ferlion
Well, they actually said we wouldn't be killing Illidan initially, so hey.

Did they outright say we wouldn't be killing him, or did they not say whether or not they would be killing him?
Would you like to guess how many times blizzard told alliance players to wait and see their story get addressed in the Cataclysm Beta and during the entirety of Cataclysm.

Now they are telling players to once again trust us we promise we mean it this time, wait and see for 5.1

I am certain they mean it this time and are not just saying it to keep people subscribed until 5.1