Regarding Mainhand Swords and Polearms

General Discussion
I'm sure by now you've all seen this said a million times before. Heck, I may have even made a thread about it back in the day. But I believe we have to keep the pressure up if we're going to get what we want, so here we go once more.

Transmogrification has seen some concept expansions lately. First we had the transmog-only revivals of some retired sets via the Darkmoon Faire. Most recently, we have the first sets made exclusively for transmogging, the challenge-mode gear. What does this mean? Well, as the blues themselves have stated, it means that Blizzard is trying to expand the scope of the transmogrification feature. But while they work on huge projects like challenge modes, I would like to once more bring up two simple ideas that could greatly improve transmogrification.

1. Main Hand Weapons
Let me start off by saying that I'm an avid weapon collector in WoW. My bank would probably make some of you cringe, but I obsess over my collection. One thing that has always frustrated me though is that of all my favorite 1-handed weapons, most of them are mainhand only. Seethe, Life and Death, Bloodsurge, Turning Tide, all beautiful works of art that I cannot pay proper tribute to because one hand weapons cannot be transmogged into mainhand weapons.

Now, Blizzard has allowed the opposite (mainhand->one hand), so I believe this option is long overdue. I will not give up hope. I know that someday Blizzard, being the kind and benevolent overlords that they are, will allow me to dual-wield Life and Death with Seethe, and collectors everywhere will rejoice!

Polearms
I have a polearm by the name of Black Ice sitting in my bank right now. It's some of the art department's greatest work ever; an absolute masterpiece of a weapon. I've never seen its beauty topped in any other game. So why are we hiding it?
Let's look at the polearm situation right now. Who uses them? Hunters no longer use melee weapons. We haven't seen a strength polearm in ages. That leaves Druids and monks. Druids only use them for feral/guardian, in which case they will never see them (due to being in an animal form during combat). Monks will have them on their backs, but rarely actually attack with them. Worse still, it seems that most monks are preferring to dual wield at the moment.

So what can be done? I propose allowing 2-handed weapons to be transmogged into polearms. Blizzard wouldn't even need to do things like Sword -> Axe or Axe -> Mace if they were opposed to that. Just allow 2h Sword/Axe/Mace -> polearm. Surely we can't let such majestic weapons go to waste?

Thank you for your time, and be sure to voice your support so that we may be heard!
The biggest thing on my Transmogrification Wishlist?

Lightening up the restrictions on weapon types. My favorite weapon to actually USE (and not be a stat stick) are polearms. Yet every class that actually uses a Polearm solely uses it for a stat stick. I was hoping that would change with Monks but sadly it has not.

What I would like is either more Strength Polearms (not likely because of Titans Grip *grumbles*), or the ability to mog my Sword/Mace/Axe into a Polearm.

Now with 5.0.4, you've added Soul Shards for Warlocks which float around our head. Looks neat and I absolutely love them. However, if I use a staff (like I did in 5.0.4) it obscures the look of them. Plus, I like Swords and Daggers better than Staves anyway.
I'm sure by now you've all seen this said a million times before. Heck, I may have even made a thread about it back in the day. But I believe we have to keep the pressure up if we're going to get what we want, so here we go once more.

Transmogrification has seen some concept expansions lately. First we had the transmog-only revivals of some retired sets via the Darkmoon Faire. Most recently, we have the first sets made exclusively for transmogging, the challenge-mode gear. What does this mean? Well, as the blues themselves have stated, it means that Blizzard is trying to expand the scope of the transmogrification feature. But while they work on huge projects like challenge modes, I would like to once more bring up two simple ideas that could greatly improve transmogrification.

1. Main Hand Weapons
Let me start off by saying that I'm an avid weapon collector in WoW. My bank would probably make some of you cringe, but I obsess over my collection. One thing that has always frustrated me though is that of all my favorite 1-handed weapons, most of them are mainhand only. Seethe, Life and Death, Bloodsurge, Turning Tide, all beautiful works of art that I cannot pay proper tribute to because one hand weapons cannot be transmogged into mainhand weapons.

Now, Blizzard has allowed the opposite (mainhand->one hand), so I believe this option is long overdue. I will not give up hope. I know that someday Blizzard, being the kind and benevolent overlords that they are, will allow me to dual-wield Life and Death with Seethe, and collectors everywhere will rejoice!

Polearms
I have a polearm by the name of Black Ice sitting in my bank right now. It's some of the art department's greatest work ever; an absolute masterpiece of a weapon. I've never seen its beauty topped in any other game. So why are we hiding it?
Let's look at the polearm situation right now. Who uses them? Hunters no longer use melee weapons. We haven't seen a strength polearm in ages. That leaves Druids and monks. Druids only use them for feral/guardian, in which case they will never see them (due to being in an animal form during combat). Monks will have them on their backs, but rarely actually attack with them. Worse still, it seems that most monks are preferring to dual wield at the moment.

So what can be done? I propose allowing 2-handed weapons to be transmogged into polearms. Blizzard wouldn't even need to do things like Sword -> Axe or Axe -> Mace if they were opposed to that. Just allow 2h Sword/Axe/Mace -> polearm. Surely we can't let such majestic weapons go to waste?

Thank you for your time, and be sure to voice your support so that we may be heard!

What would happen with Titan's Grip? There are no 1h/dw anims for Polearms. ((This would happen for the transmog route, but not for Str polearms, ironically.))

That said, I agree with the problem of "Polearms don't see enough use."
Main hand -> One hand is tricky, because a lot of MH models are not designed to be wielded in opposite hands(which I assume is the main reason you want this). Sadly, the weapon model doesn't flip when a 1h is equipped in the oh, it just 'shifts'. I don't see a reason this can't be implemented, but also can't see it being implemented prior to model revision. There are some issues that this won't take care off in terms of weapon clipping, but I suspect those will be few and far between.

On polearms, I think you're asking for the wrong thing. What you suggest works, but makes little logical sense, so isn't very intuitive - and that's an important concept. Instead, lets allow
same primary stat + hand number -> primary stat + hand number (if class allowed).
2h agil -> 2h str
int -> spirit
spirit -> int

This would allow polearms to be useable by fighter types in a logical fashion, while keeping more agil classes away from strength designed weapons(conflict of logic), caster weapons to be any caster weapon(so, magic is magic is magic), and would allow users to pick a weapon theme and keep with it, without sacrificing stats(think, combat sword rogues - agil axe or mace can be an agil sword model). Additionally, it would allow people to mog into different armour types, whilst keeping it class themed. Agil leather on a hunter, or str mail on a warrior for example.

After this, we can pester them to designate some items as wildcards, like admiral hats and such, without allowing the silly stuff like catfish.

Also, Exodar Life-Staff beats your oversized golfclub any day of the week.
Main hand -> One hand is tricky, because a lot of MH models are not designed to be wielded in opposite hands(which I assume is the main reason you want this). Sadly, the weapon model doesn't flip when a 1h is equipped in the oh, it just 'shifts'. I don't see a reason this can't be implemented, but also can't see it being implemented prior to model revision. There are some issues that this won't take care off in terms of weapon clipping, but I suspect those will be few and far between.

On polearms, I think you're asking for the wrong thing. What you suggest works, but makes little logical sense, so isn't very intuitive - and that's an important concept. Instead, lets allow
same primary stat + hand number -> primary stat + hand number (if class allowed).
2h agil -> 2h str
int -> spirit
spirit -> int

This would allow polearms to be useable by fighter types in a logical fashion, while keeping more agil classes away from strength designed weapons(conflict of logic), caster weapons to be any caster weapon(so, magic is magic is magic), and would allow users to pick a weapon theme and keep with it, without sacrificing stats(think, combat sword rogues - agil axe or mace can be an agil sword model). Additionally, it would allow people to mog into different armour types, whilst keeping it class themed. Agil leather on a hunter, or str mail on a warrior for example.

After this, we can pester them to designate some items as wildcards, like admiral hats and such, without allowing the silly stuff like catfish.

Also, Exodar Life-Staff beats your oversized golfclub any day of the week.

I think you're overcomplicating things. Notice that I excluded staves from the Axe/Sword/Mace -> polearm list. Nobody outside of Warriors/DKs/Retadins uses 2h swords/maces/axes. If we exclude staves, then the problem is already solved.

But then I suppose the brings up the question "What about agility staves?", in which case I suppose your argument does have merit.