Name: HotHot
#showtooltip Uplift
/cast Thunder Focus Tea
/cast Uplift

Name:OMFGHeal
#showtooltip Surging Mist
/cast Thunder Focus Tea
/cast [target=mouseover,help,exists] Surging Mist;Surging Mist

^-typically I'm already channeling Soothing when this is used, but the mouseover is there just in case I need to get someone and I'm not channeling.

I don't have any tank macro's at the moment, though I need to work my trinket into Elusive brew. That will look like this:
#showtooltip
/cast Elusive Brew
/use Relic on Niuzao

Another that can be useful (though in reality having these on different buttons is better imo)

/cast [nomodifier]Black out Kick
/cast [modifier=alt,shift,ctrl]Purify

Really though the only macros I have a need of are the target=mouseover ones, and it's possible that with enough crit just macroing Elusive Brew to everything would be handy.
#showtooltip
/cast [help]Chi Wave;[target=player]Chi Wave

This is a nice pvp macro for chi wave

If you target a friendly it'll hit them. If you're targeting a baddie or no one it'll hit you first, then bounce off the closest bad guy.
Lvl 52 Windwalker useful for BG's and leveling;

#showtooltip
/startattack
/castsequence reset=3 Jab
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
/cast Blackout Kick
/use 13
/use 14
/cast Energizing Brew
/cast Expel Harm

I'm new to this so any advice is welcome. Seems to work. I want to Flying Serpent Kick away and Chi Burst/Spinning Fire Blossom from ranged. If I can snare them before this, they may blow a CD getting to me.
#showtooltip
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/cast [@focus,help,exists][@mouseover,help,exists][help,exists][] renewing mist
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
/follow focus

Will cast rm on my focus target. If no focus target is avail. will cast on mouseover target. If no mouseover target avail. will cast on existing friendly target, if no existing friendly target is avail. will follow standard casting rules (self cast if option is set) and will set myself to follow my focus, which is usually the tank. I usually basically just press this macro during the entire group and can keep everyone alive and not need to move, at all.

#showtooltip
/cast spinning crane kick
/follow focus

This macro with the renewing mist onc makes for a very bot-like 5-man run. Keep rm up and spin all dungeon long - it won't break follow, you will deal damage, heal, and be right next to your most important target: the tank.

If you are not aware: The monks healing spells and abilities, spinning crane kick, renewing mist and zen sphere do not break follow. Using all three, while following the tank, will always prevent death and do decent amounts of damage.

#showtooltip
/focus [@mouseover]
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/cast legacy of the emperor
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
/follow focus

Sets focus on my mouseover target, casts my usual party buff and makes my monk follow it's focus. I use this when beginning an LFD/group.

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=3 keg smash, ,spinning crane kick,spinning crane kick, spinning crane kick, breath of fire, breath of fire

I use this most of the time as brewmaster. It is an 8 second aoe rotation. Long enough to for keg smash to be ready once it reaches it's end. It will reset the cast sequence 3 seconds after not having been used. This is 1 second longer than a spinning crane kick.

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=3 tiger palm,tiger palm,tiger palm,tiger palm,keg smash, jab, jab, blackout kick, blackout kick

Same as above, but for single targets. Keeps shuffle and buffs/debuffs up. If a cast fizzles, wait 3 seconds and it is reset.

#showtooltip
/cast [@party1, dead][@party2, dead][@party3, dead][@party4, dead] resuscitate

Resuscitates who ever is dead. No selection required.

Never forget, if you don't want error text and sounds to bother you (The red text at top of screen + usual fizzle sounds associated with casting errors) use "/console Sound_EnableSFX 0" before the /cast and "/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()" and "/console Sound_EnableSFX 1" after the /cast.

I also like to remove clutter from my viewing area. My action bars are 10% visible and are 100% visible when moused over. My chat's background is 100% transparent, text fully visible and group icons/target frames are small but efficient. I also do not use floating combat text, it is entirely not needed - it's not even useful. All I need to know is that your health is going down and your HP is going up as I heal it and I can visually see that with party/raid frames. Numbers are useless and for recount/damage meter wannabees. If your doing your best, the results don't matter. I also remove player, npc and monster's names in the game world. I have so little clutter that I have only on thing left to do; enjoy the design of the game and the fight being fought. Healing is not even an effort with these macros.

Keys used:
QERF MWUP MWDOWN MWLEFT MWRIGHT

All letters having 4 mods; normal, shift, ctrl, alt. 4x4=16
MWUP and MWDOWN having each 3 mods each. 2x3=6
MWLEFT and MWRIGHT having each 4 mods each. 2x4=8

Total available keys for macros: 30

I don't use T, 1, 2, 3, 4, Z, X, C or any other fancy mouse or keyboard accessory. What I got now is more than fine.

If you know how to make proper macros and utilize the full 255 character limit and/or 255+ character limit addons - I promise you will never use more than 5-10 macros and it will be mind numbing easy.
imho, the power of a ww monk is built off being able to sustain a level of dps throughout the fight with the cooldowns spread out overtime. Now, that being said if you can control when you have large dps cds or procs that are synergistic with other buffs (i.e. saving tiger's brew, xuen say for bloodlust) I would definitely put together a big deeps macro using trinks, pots, procs, tiger's brew, xuen etc... and what ever else u can get to max you dps.

But combining things that are situational such as energizing brew, or chi brew into dps macros can be a huge waste of dmg potential over time. If you're not using tiger's lust or xuen on cd and saving it for a big oh !@#$ i got u macro you're doing your overall dps a great injustice. This is mainly for pve raiding windwalkers. Very few fights are you able to control all the factors so i would definitely say use the cds when they're up. Right now im my rotation, which doesn't included fof at all, I am able to sustain 67k on the raid dummy self buffed only for any given period of time. I can keep that dps for 3 hours and it wouldn't change one bit but i use my dmg cds when they are available immediately (unless moving or phase change is required),and only my resource cds as necessary. Again this is patchwerk ultraxion style fight testing, which doesn't translate always as well as live boss dps. This is the biggest reason I would say to steer yourself from all in 1 macros with the windwalker and get use to being able to read the situation and use your dmg cds on cd and im sure you will see an increase in your overall dps.

What you can infact macro are things which can be extra work to track, such as my synapse springs. I use a simple jab macro intertwined with my springs use function so this way I can make sure i am using it as it comes off of cd. Very rarely is it wasted (ie a jab right before the phase change or move when it has just come off cd). This ensures that I get, overall, the most use out of that versus tracking and clicking it myself (1 min cd lawl). it reads like this:

#showtooltip jab
/use 10
/cast jab
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

I think thats it exactly, game is down so i can confirm once the servers are live again. You could actually put a 13 or 14 for the 10 if youre not an engineer and want to use it with a use function trinket. What it does is show you when jab is available like it normally would (when u gain enough energy to jab) Then it just uses your cd everytime it's up when u jab. You're always jabbing so it's a safe bet to use this type of attack for this purpose. It will also disable the error text that "Item is not ready yet" once it is on cd, without having to disable all the other error messages, if you choose. Macro 101 kinda but i just thought i'd throw in my 2 cents about macro-ing aeverything into 1. It can be dangerous to your dps... lol.

<3 u monks

p.s. - WINwalker amirite?
Can macros check for chi / focus before casting?
Spinning crane kick spam:

#showtooltip Spinning Crane Kick
/cast !Spinning Crane Kick
/cast [target=party1] Tiger Lust

Same for Party 2 & 3

Also i'm gonna request sticky, good to pin it uptop so ppl can see and also add theirs.
The only macro I use on monk is

/cast [self] Chi Wave;

Think that is right at least. When solo'ing that gives me four healing bounces. If I use it against the enemy proper I only get three.
My custom 4-shift 4 BOK/TOD

/cast [nomodifier:shift] blackout kick
/stopmacro [nomodifier:shift]
/cast [nomounted] Touch of Death
/startattack
Not sure if these have already been posted by others but here are the main macros (outside of mouseovers for all my heals)

Roll macro that cancels Stampeding Roar:

#showtooltip Roll
/cancelaura Stampeding Roar
/cast Roll

I made this after much frustration with multiple druids hitting their Stamp Roar right as I wanted to Roll. This also works if specced into Chi Torpedo.

Chi Burst macro, since the syntax is slightly different from my other mouseovers:

#showtooltip Chi Burst
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead] [@target] !Chi Burst
10/08/2012 04:08 PMPosted by Temek
I'm trying to set up a macro for my Windwalker Monk to [Auto Attack] after I cast [Provoke] on a target, but I've never created a macro before. Can anyone tell me what sequence to use?

/startattack
/cast Provoke
TIGER'S LUST
#showtooltip
/cast [@playername] Tiger's Lust

CD's
#showtooltip Tigereye Brew
/use 14
/use 10
/cast Tigereye Brew
/cast Energizing Brew

Depending on my talents, I like to not use Tigerseye Brew and Energizing Brew together because if I take Healing Elixers in the 5th tier, I like to always have a Brew available to heal up, so if I can brew and heal, but say Tigerseye Brew is still on CD, I can use Energizing Brew.

Manjbisk's Chi Wave macro:
#showtooltip Chi Wave
/use [@target,help,nodead] [@player] Chi Wave

CANCEL AURAS
Also important macros, these make you stop channeling your Spinning Crane Kick or Zen Meditation if you notice you need to do something else.
#showtooltip
/cancelaura Spinning Crane kick
/cast Spinning Crane Kick

FOCUS MACROS
I prefer separate focus macros for my CC's but you could also bake them in the main buttons:
#showtooltip
/cast [@focus] Paralysis

OR

#showtooltip
/cast [@arena#] Paralysis
I am trying to get a macro where i cast expel harm to generate a chi , and then cast tigers lust so i run fast and combine those into a macro, ? any one know how to make it work thanks
12/08/2012 05:53 PMPosted by Gij
I am trying to get a macro where i cast expel harm to generate a chi , and then cast tigers lust so i run fast and combine those into a macro, ? any one know how to make it work thanks

/castsequence reset=30 Expel Harm, Tiger's Lust
/#Showtooltip
/Cast Chi Blast
/s HADUUUUKEN!!!!
10/08/2012 03:07 PMPosted by Augiddin
Your argument that you put similar abilities on the same key with different mods is just basically accepting the fact that you can't even memorize your own key binds.

Actually, it's incredibly efficient once you get used to it. Different people have different playstyles. I'm sure they think "having a 30+ key DDR mess on your keyboard is just basically accepting the fact that you can't efficiently group abilities together with modifiers and target-reactive macro code."
I am aware that some of these macros have been posted, but these are my own variants of them and have found them to work out very well for me. And just a side note, I use Vuhdo for my unit frames. I'll give descriptions of what each one does when I have more time, but they're pretty self explanatory if you read through them.

Mistweaver Macros:

This is great for melee healing, or "fistweaving" if you prefer, but works just as well for conventional healing from afar.

Jab / Renewing Mist
#showtooltip
/cast [mod:alt,@focus,help,nodead,exists][mod:alt,@player][@mouseover,help,exists,nodead][help]Renewing Mist;Jab

Blackout Kick / Soothing Mist
#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,help,exists,nodead][help,exists,nodead]Soothing Mist;[nohelp,nodead,exists][]Blackout Kick

Tiger Palm / Surging Mist
#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,help,exists,nodead]Surging Mist;[nohelp,nodead,exists]Tiger Palm;Surging Mist

Spinning Crane Kick
#showtooltip
/cancelaura Spinning Crane Kick
/cast Spinning Crane Kick

Enveloping Mist
#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,exists,nodead,help][]Enveloping Mist

Chi Wave
#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,help,exists,nodead][@focus,help,nodead,exists][@player]Chi Wave

Life Cocoon
#showtooltip
/cast [mod:alt,@player][@mouseover,help,exists,nodead][@focus,help,nodead,exists][]Life Cocoon

Detox
#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,help,exists,nodead][]Detox

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brewmaster:

The only one I really use worth noting is provoke.

Provoke
#showtooltip
/tar [mod:shift]Black Ox Statue
/cast [@mouseover,nohelp,exists,nodead][] Provoke
/targetlasttarget [mod:shift,help,exists]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windwalkers:

I got nothin' for ya... I haven't been WW since level 16 or so.