Even now.

Rogue
I wanna make a melee class for an alt, rogues intrigue me, I understand there's a bit of concern in regards to the state of the class, even now in the midst of all the QQ, would you recommend a rogue? Reasons why to or not to roll one are appreciated.
Quite honestly, I would not roll one now. I've been playing a rogue since December of 2007. I originally created a rogue (actually was my very 1st toon ever) because I was intrigued by them as well. I remember thinking to myself, "I love the idea of stealthing." Being able to start a fight on my terms as a result. I created the rogue and LOVED it...for a few years, it was so fun in BOTH PvE & PvP.
Sadly, though...as much as I'd love to play a rogue for the same innate feelings/reasons, my rogue just sits in an inn, resting. I play this game to relax and have fun. Playing the rogue is not fun anymore due to the fact that they are way too squishy for my liking. It seems taking on any more than 2 mobs leaves me near death. I like to feel a sense of power when playing, like i do with all other classes. (no joke)...but I found myself sweating while just sitting in my chair because i was so pissed off.
One more thing...
Since the rogue class intrigues you....I'm wondering if the intrigue comes from being able to stealth and do melee damage. Not sure, but if that's part of it, may I suggest the much more fun-to-play Druid? I'd specifically suggest the cat form (melee dps) spec. You can stealth, do decent damage, not as squishy, despite wearing leather, just like the rogue...and most of all have much better healing than rogues.
Yeah I mostly just want to tear !@#$ up melee wise. DK's get on my nerves, and so do pallys. Warriors kidna bore me. So does cat form as a druid, but I haven't tried it much.
10/08/2012 04:09 PMPosted by Iawa
I wanna make a melee class for an alt, rogues intrigue me, I understand there's a bit of concern in regards to the state of the class, even now in the midst of all the QQ, would you recommend a rogue? Reasons why to or not to roll one are appreciated.

Make up your own mind. It's clear these forums are full of numb nuts and casuals who's opinions are fueled by rage rather than reason. If rogues intrigue you then roll a rogue. Don't come here making like you want to roll a rogue, get 99% negative feedback, then be like "ok I won't do it cuz you all say it sux."
One more thing....When I say that fighting 2 mobs leaves me near death, I do realize I could pull out stops, like blind and such, but abilities like that have a 3 minute CD...not somthing I have the option to use each fight, unless, of course, I want to rest for 3 minutes between each pull.

I know there's other abilities, but I'm making the point that with other classes, I don't have to feel threatened enough to have to blow CD's just because I've pulled a couple mobs.

I remember, in a forest in western "Valley fo the Four Winds", I was trying out my rogue again...and just pulling 1 single mob, with those purple flying things...brough me down to roughly 10% HP after that one fight. When that happened, I immediately hearthed to Orgrimmar and logged onto my other toons. I cannot enjoy this once fun-to-play class.

At any rate...I hope all this helps you make a fun decision. Good luck!
10/08/2012 04:23 PMPosted by Iawa
Yeah I mostly just want to tear !@#$ up melee wise.

Do NOT roll rogue then.
10/08/2012 04:25 PMPosted by Aceydubs
Make up your own mind. It's clear these forums are full of numb nuts and casuals who's opinions are fueled by rage rather than reason. If rogues intrigue you then roll a rogue. Don't come here making like you want to roll a rogue, get 99% negative feedback, then be like "ok I won't do it cuz you all say it sux."

OK, Iawa.... While Aceydubs does have a point, in that you should try it out despite what others say, I will say this...
1st: I said everything to you ...not out of rage or anger, but out of my honest opinion on the recent changes to the class feel like, while trying it out.
2nd: You might want to think twice before taking wise advise from somebody who hops on here, calling people "numb nuts". Also, I played my rogue for a long time and am not considered a "casual". I was just trying to provide an alternative solution because...of all the time that has elapsed since being the noob several years ago, rogues just feel so weak and unfun right now. (At least in my opinion)

At any rate, perhaps (even if stated immaturely) Aceydubs has a valid point. perhaps you can roll a rogue and actually enjoy it. Good luck either way. I'm not going to bother staying in this thread though, because (based on his original reply) I'm sure Aceydubs will have something to say about this reply that I'd care not to read. I try to stay clear of the mean people.
10/08/2012 04:25 PMPosted by Aceydubs

I rolled a priest despite cries that they suck and I enjoy it. Secondly, if posts like this annoy you, why contribute?
10/08/2012 04:09 PMPosted by Iawa

I play this class because world of warcraft is like my own personally stealth game....well was.

If your into stealth... better off rolling a druid or hunter and have all the cool talents with virtually the same gameplay...

OK, Iawa...While Aceydubs does have a point...I will say this...

I did go on a bit of a rager myself didn't I. The neg threads are taking their toll on me. So I've resorted to llorting as my own outlet.
Made a Rogue after MoP hit. I love it. Not having much of a big problem PvP wise, and normally getting 1st or 2nd place in dungeons. We'll see how it goes the next two levels, but I'm liking it.
Do you like to waist time/money?

Do you like to FAIL?

Do you love to get owned?

If you said "No" to any of these questions then roll a WAR/DK/PLD
10/08/2012 08:59 PMPosted by Crackhorde
Do you like to FAIL?

U called bbydoll?
I plan on rolling a rogue, don't let what the current end game is like deter you, blues know we're frustrated and have actually posted in this very forum, that's huge.

By the time we're level 90 the rogue class might even be fixed up.. who knows. At least you'll have fine along the way.
seriously play a different class than a rogue

do you honestly think that there are THIS many topics about people who are bad / casual qq ing

rogues are a mess atm and knowing blizz they arent going to do anything about it in months

and just because a blue came in here with pretty words doesnt mean they are going to do anything

we capped MULTIPLE threads with these very issues that they say were frustrated about for MONTHS and you know what they did

rogues: deadly brew is now a pvp gear bonus

4 or 5 blues trying to distract us by asking what we like isnt going to curb people being mad that we were ignored THE ENTIRE BETA and for most isnt proof that they are going to do a dang thing about it
seriously play a different class than a rogue

do you honestly think that there are THIS many topics about people who are bad / casual qq ing

to be honest with you I can find posts on every class about how bad they are and how they need fixing.