5xSpirit of Harmony for Inscription Quests?

Professions
Anyone else think this is a stupidly high amount?

Example: When I hit 90 from questing and running dungeons nonstop, I had 1.8 Spirit of Harmony.

Now I am expected to continue to PvE and grind out monsters and 5x Spirit of Harmony just to be able to earn 1 Scroll of Wisdom?

Not to mention the Inscribed Serpent Staff requires 20 Scroll of Wisdom...
Look at it this way, once a week you can spend 5 spirit of harmony for 5 scrolls of wisdom. On the other hand, an alchemist spends 3 SoH for 1 living steel bar. A tailor spends 3 SoH for 1 piece of cloth.

Considering you get 8.4 SoH a week from exalted tillers rep, I don't really see an issue.
You are not expected to do anything. If you feel it is not worth your time, then do not do it.

If you feel it is highly profitable for you, then stop complaining and get it done.

Serpent Staff is not worth getting. You could easily have a higher ilvl item out of raid content before you even get that.
Look at it this way, once a week you can spend 5 spirit of harmony for 5 scrolls of wisdom. On the other hand, an alchemist spends 3 SoH for 1 living steel bar. A tailor spends 3 SoH for 1 piece of cloth.

Considering you get 8.4 SoH a week from exalted tillers rep, I don't really see an issue.

Is it 5 for 5? I thought the quest reward was 1 scroll of wisdom.
Oh, 5:1 once a week definitely sucks. But I could have swore the weeklies offered 5 scrolls, halving the time to craft the staff. But my current scribe is parked at 85, so I won't be able to do the dailies myself for the foreseeable future.
It's 5:1.
What is the inscription quest?

Actually I get 9 flasks (not counting proc) and I still get a living steel a day.

Ook transmutes, ooke em in the dooker.
10/09/2012 07:23 AMPosted by Agony
Serpent Staff is not worth getting. You could easily have a higher ilvl item out of raid content before you even get that.

That was my point; the staff is not worth getting because the cost is so high.

Compare it to the offhand epic, which you can make in a few days.

Also, I do not raid, I pvp. There are no honor pvp weapons at the start of this season so I am placed in a position where I need to improvise.
yes its a slap in face but if i recall you can do the painting one unlimited times but still enless they up mote drops its worthless just use the scrolls to Cards dont waste on a staff that youll replace in LFR.
10/09/2012 06:24 PMPosted by Goldenclaw

That was my point; the staff is not worth getting because the cost is so high.

Compare it to the offhand epic, which you can make in a few days.

Also, I do not raid, I pvp. There are no honor pvp weapons at the start of this season so I am placed in a position where I need to improvise.

This is exactly what I have a problem with. At least if the spirits were boa it would make it plausible to make this for your caster from an alt or main to jump start some dungeons and lfr.
Did you realize that many people do not raid and even if they do they might not get the drop that they want!!!

The staff is very much desired by my scribe and can be used by alts too.
I am confused by the above discussion, which talks about spending Spirits of Harmony to get Scrolls of Wisdom.

Any Scribe can make 1 Scroll of Wisdom each day. The mats are Ink of Dreams and Light parchment. No Spirits needed.

When am I missing?
All professions have an item that they need for high end combines, which can only be made once a day. For inscription, this is the Scrolls of Wisdom. And all professions also have a "shortcut" combine which costs Harmony, but has no cooldown.

If you want a second scroll without waiting for the next day (so it doesn't take 3 weeks to make a staff, or so you can make more than 1 card per day) then you need to do a quest at the arboretum that results in a scroll of wisdom. The quest requires you to to make a commissioned painting. Material costs include 5 spirits of harmony.

The disadvantage of Inscription is that our secondary combine is more expensive than any other craft. The standard for other professions is 3 spirits of harmony in exchange for ignoring the timer, not 5.

The advantage of Inscription is that our epic staffs are Bind on Account, not Eqip. So you can trade them around to your alts once you upgrade past it. Is it worth it? (especially considering it's only a 476...) I'll leave that for you to decide.
tbh, since the herb nerf and darkmoon card market crash, I've got nothing to do with my scrolls of wisdom anyways.

currently sitting on about 30 of them (and I'll keep making them for the discoveries, but that's about it)... wish I could just sell them :(
You could also fish during Darkmoon Faire! All around the island are fishing pools that if you fish it, you get a crate. Open the crate and you get high level crafting mats in addition to food and coins. Can even get a mount and a pet to boot! however in the fishing that I did in the last darkmoon faire, I got enough motes that I made 5 spirits for myself for later use.
All professions have an item that they need for high end combines, which can only be made once a day. For inscription, this is the Scrolls of Wisdom. And all professions also have a "shortcut" combine which costs Harmony, but has no cooldown.

If you want a second scroll without waiting for the next day (so it doesn't take 3 weeks to make a staff, or so you can make more than 1 card per day) then you need to do a quest at the arboretum that results in a scroll of wisdom. The quest requires you to to make a commissioned painting. Material costs include 5 spirits of harmony.

Where can I look up these quests for different professions? Do they have similar names so I can search for that in WowHead.com?

And does anyone know what the once-per-day items are for Blacksmithing and Engineering?
Where can I look up these quests for different professions? Do they have similar names so I can search for that in WowHead.com?

And does anyone know what the once-per-day items are for Blacksmithing and Engineering?

Only thing that comes to mind for engineering is Blingtron.

Alchemists have their daily Living Steel CD.

Enchanters have their daily Sha Crystal daily CD.

Tailors have their daily Imperial Silk CD and unlimited SoH Imperial Silk.

JCs have their daily research CD and unlimited SoH random research.

Scribes have their weekly Comissioned Painting and daily research CD.

Any others?