Why?

Hunter
Seriously man, Getting sick and tired of having hunters pull mobs for me when I can do it myself just fine.

Also please, for the love of f'in god, turn off your pet's growl and threatening presence.

I'm ok with you stampede pulling mobs, but for me to be having to taunt off your pet every 8 secs coz your pet taunting is annoying.

Same goes for when you guys feel the need to pull for me when I'm not asking to.

Stop giving you're class a bad rep. Stop being huntards and start being hunters.
Houston it appears the spam shot bug is back.

op what you are seeing is probably the result in most cases of the hunter firing on a pack you are killing and when the target dies it auto targets the next mob it latches onto. This is mainly a hunter problem because no other class has an auto shot that will go off when a mob is targeted in combat from range. There used to be a turn off switch in interface to turn off auto targeted shooting. That option was removed and in its place the new setup dont work.

Hunters just have to stop spamming when a target is near death. And there was an old workaround to this but I cant rem what it was exactly. So they just have to be careful.
Then kick them from the group
No Toxa, Hunter's in RDF are actually going up to mobs, and shooting them, not even MDing me and letting their pet tank.

They do this non stop.

When I ask them politely to stop or to turn off their pets taunt, they keep on doing it...

I've names of these hunters written down, but its bannable to even post up their characters toons...

Iono i'm just venting. I've gotten kicked out of groups because the rest of the group finds it ok for the hunter to pull and call me a B!sh for complaining and letting the hunter's pet tank.
No Toxa, Hunter's in RDF are actually going up to mobs, and shooting them, not even MDing me and letting their pet tank.

They do this non stop.

When I ask them politely to stop or to turn off their pets taunt, they keep on doing it...

I've names of these hunters written down, but its bannable to even post up their characters toons...

Iono i'm just venting. I've gotten kicked out of groups because the rest of the group finds it ok for the hunter to pull and call me a B!sh for complaining and letting the hunter's pet tank.

In that case kick them, I would not tolerate that behavior, also put them on ignore so you never see them again. And yeah posting their names is a no no it would get you in hot water, and its not worth it.
People don't accept the vote to kick them...

they just tell me

"seriously tank? suck it up and just f'n l2 tank."

Maybe I'm just having horrid luck with my party members, but I've been getting a lot of rude players.
People don't accept the vote to kick them...

they just tell me

"seriously tank? suck it up and just f'n l2 tank."

Maybe I'm just having horrid luck with my party members, but I've been getting a lot of rude players.

Yeah I think its your bad luck, I wont tank a group like that they can just kick me. And if the hunter in the group pulls on purpose I will let him and his pet tank it. Fine by me when the mobs kill him, or he cant manage to keep the mobs off the healer and dps maybe they will learn/shrug

If not they are just bads ignore and move on
When I run scenarios I ignore the tanks and let my pet tank. Most prefer it, they dont want the downtime with a dedicated tank.
10/09/2012 11:32 AMPosted by Fiddlery
When I run scenarios I ignore the tanks and let my pet tank. Most prefer it, they dont want the downtime with a dedicated tank.

scenarios are a bit different though. I get groups no tank or heals just me and two clothies or some other dps. In that case pet tanking is kinda needed. But in a dedicated group it is frustrating to tanks to not be allowed to do their job. Growl being a true taunt means the group has two tanks and they are taunting off each other. Not good it can be very clustarfarked. I just let the tank tank, unless he goes down then I pet tank.
I 'unno, I found heroics to be so mind numbingly easy that helping the tank speed things along with a misdirect here and there usually works out pretty well

BUT having growl on my pet just gets it killed most the time, which I find out usually at the first pulls of most dungeons from when I forget its on while I was soloing, so I never have that on whether the tank is sluggish or not.
Don't be a slow tank.
HEY OP

my Growl has been off for 7 years..... guess what... the MoP patch turned it back on and i didnt play till yesterday..... so naturally i went through a dungeon thinking everything petwise was ok and fine

until the warrior said turn off growl please! .. i immediatly jumped into the pet spell area and saw all my spells had been turned on/off... and i had to reconfigure that too!!

im not saying you havent ran into some dumb hunters... but literally until the warrior mentioned that i was pulling aggro with pet.. i thought that my growl was off just like it always had been for years... and i would of continued thinking that because it never came to mind

Try reminding them.....shouting at them......climbing through your router and beating them with a baseball bat.....

those methods should work
That's the thing Phenomenaut, it's not about me being slow, its about some hunters suddenly feeling it's their obligation to pull for the tank when things aren't going fast.

I never had this problem until MOP, but now it's just becoming rude and obnoxious.

It's almost as annoying as when mages got Heroism/bloodlust and would pop it at every friggin pull in Cata.
i will often peel off mobs on a tank if hes tanking too much damage or if a range mob is wailing on a healer. im pretty sure you can out tank a pet as far as amount of targets being tanked anyways. who cares?
To OP,

Some people are just stupid, immature, and impatient. I haven't had the opportunity to be in a group that had an idiot player thankfully.

One thing you also have to remember is that Hunters got a nice buff this past patch/expansion, so now there are a ton of people who are jumping over to their alt'd hunter, and might be thinking that they are godly.

Just remember, this is a game, and if its pissing you off walk away from it.
The hunters you are trying to reach don't come here.
10/09/2012 11:09 AMPosted by Leokoles

ask the healers NOT to heal him?
I noticed that when i turn the taunt OFF from my pet, my pet STILL taunts. If im not mistaken, this is a bug that i already submitted to blizzard.