Roleplaying a Dragon?

Moon Guard
Hey, some of us can't go around in our true forms, okay?
it would be too sexy
Are there any dragon RPers on MG that RP with other dragons and do so on a frequent basis?

I ask because on WRA the default assumption of dragon RP seems to be "lone dragon blending in with mortals," even though there are dragon RPers in sufficient numbers that they can get together and network, and I have advocated for such. Having awesome inter-Flight adventures in the realms of time and magic and the Emerald Dream while grappling with the slow slide of the Flights into irrelevance with the loss of the power of the Aspects? Well, it sounds a lot cooler than hiding out amongst mortals.

Anybody on Moon Guard do this? If not, why?
10/04/2012 09:56 AMPosted by Bak
Well, it sounds a lot cooler than hiding out amongst mortals.

It does sound cool...

...Except I'm twilight, and that's kind of a big dealbreaker.

It does sound cool...

Every group of adventurers needs a shady anti-heroic type, whether they've all got scales or not.
ANYONE can play a dragon. There is just one, simple rule. Just one, and you'll be a great dragon!

1.) Never tell anyone that you are a dragon.

I don't mean that from a sarcastic sense, I really mean 'Don't reveal yourself.' Dragons are probably worth a lot of money, for one. Plus, any dragon that reveals they are a dragon deserves to be offed.
10/04/2012 10:20 AMPosted by Stax

It does sound cool...

You think you have it bad? Ha!
Wagon Dragon forever
It's funny when i'm just standing around and a dragon RPer comes up....and Thea starts to sniff them and act weird.

She can tell it's a dragon...she's my dragon sniffing faerie dragon.

Still working on Scarlet sniffing.
Do it. Then Cariol will have another red dragon to talk to!
This is going to get tasteless, isn't it?
I hope you didn't take it as I was insulting you. Its just surprising you were never up front about it. Maybe that what makes you so good at it. =p

Also, I never role played on Alliance.
If you want to RP something, do it.

Ignore the people trying to tell you not to.
10/03/2012 10:46 PMPosted by Shilo
Hmmm, would anyone have any recommendations for where I could read up on them? I figure the more background I have, the better.

wowpedia.org is updated more than wowwiki, but offers a similar amount of information. More, if you ask me.

If you can do it well, do it. Personally, it isn't so much the dragon being played that is the tabboo, but the "hurr durr i is immortal and can one shot everyone. and im bffs with the king."
10/04/2012 01:30 PMPosted by Sarîa
I hope you didn't take it as I was insulting you. Its just surprising you were never up front about it. Maybe that what makes you so good at it. =p

You should sometime, roll an alt, I'll be happy to provide whatever gear you may need starting out. ^^; Just let me get over this damned ear infection....hurts too much to focus on the game at the moment.
10/04/2012 04:16 PMPosted by Qerrathien

You should sometime, roll an alt, I'll be happy to provide whatever gear you may need starting out. ^^; Just let me get over this damned ear infection....hurts too much to focus on the game at the moment.
Oh I will. Ill be working on my night elf monk next week. I would really like to RP with you, Ana, Gurvir and many of theres soon instead of having to do /wave to you guys. Hope you get better. ^^
10/04/2012 01:30 PMPosted by Sarîa

Inside joke, sorry.
The essence of Dragon Roleplay in cities is to keep your identity secret at all costs, so that defeats the purpose of Dragon Roleplay, and that is why people don't do it or just pop out in Dragon Form in public.

Dragon roleplay is best in a group of friends or a guild, but not with random.
When I first GMed an RP guild I let in two dragon RPers. I was actually pretty unfamiliar with the term. I RPed with them twice before the guild was disbanned. I wish now that I knew who they were because they were some amazing storytellers.

I've only ever had good interactions with dragon RPers. I think it's a pretty neat thing. Good luck to you.
Green Dragon standing by....

It's really a mental challenge to come up with one. Just remember what flight you choose, and other assorted nuances.

Serranis, by virtue of being a Night Elf, can lie about her age. As such, being a Prime Wyrm, an older dragon, would be easy for her to conceal. Some races can pull it off better than others in this respect. Greens will naturally choose to look, for most part, like elves for example.

But a big note:

If you choose to be a black dragonflight member, you'd better be very good at hiding and concealing this. Very good at it.