Death knigh help jus reached 55

New Player Help and Guides
I'm about to be 55 amd I wanna create a death knight I was wondering which alliance race would go best with the death knight class and imma be a blood death knight so which attributes should I look for in my gear
10/05/2012 12:58 AMPosted by Coldblodded
I'm about to be 55 amd I wanna create a death knight I was wondering which alliance race would go best with the death knight class

Any of them that can be a DK (which only excludes Pandaren), there is no race/class combo for ANY class/spec that is "best".

Now as for blood DK's, they're the tanking spec. You want strength/stamina plate with mostly secondaries of Dodge and Parry. Sometimes you'll get an item that has dodge or parry and also some of the more dps focused stats (hit, crit, haste, etc), and that's OK. If it has strength, and either dodge or parry, it's for you.
Dwarf, of course. It's the only Alliance race worth playing at all.
As for race recommendations;
Play what you think is cool. They all have different perks for a tank.

As for gear stats;
Well, our tanking gear and dps gear look pretty similar these days sometimes.
Your most important primary stats are the same for both tanking and dpsing as a death knight, strength. Stamina is good too, but everyone has buckets of HP at high levels, so you don't need to focus on getting stamina gear.

Your most important secondary stat is mastery. It makes your blood shields much stronger, though, you won't see mastery on equipment until higher levels.

In the meantime, like avanna said, stats like expertise, dodge, and parry are great tank stats.

Stats that are 'ok' but won't help a tank as much: haste, crit