Lock and Load - Explosive Shot(s)

Hunter
Ok so from what I'm reading from Elitist Jerks we are now finally able to spam click Explosive Shot once Lock and Load procs. The 8 ticks will actually tick as if there were nine, as far as overall damage according to them.

Has anyone tested this? Should you just spam 3 Exp Shots right away or give a 0.5 sec pause between each or still alternate a different shot in between like before?
So i'm guessing testing it was harder than posting here?

Anyways I did tested it, and yes, you can spam all 3 explosive shots now and all ticks damage will go off.

Elitits Jerks FTW.
C wut i did there?
Ex shot still sucks, and we might as well have viper back when using ss/cs
I was wondering the effect crit has on spamming vs waiting. I know when you overwrite it gets divided up and added on to your other shot, but from what I understand it gets added over the next 3 shots, so if one of them crits you only get %130 damage instead of the 200% two EX crits would give.

If that makes any sense. Sorry, I'm kinda busy at work. I'll elaborate later.
Bump, anyone got a link to Explosive shot tests?

Or are we too worried about stable slots and transmog gear.
ES works like Ignite. You get full damage via spam. That's the end of the story.
10/05/2012 02:12 PMPosted by Magnolia
ES works like Ignite. You get full damage via spam. That's the end of the story.

Thanks for the links, and the explanation. Not surprising you posted on an alt.

God I hate this community sometimes. I ask a legitimate question about game mechanics and after hours of crickets, a lvl 4 alt comes in to tell me "everything works as it should".

Thanks guys.
God I hate this community sometimes. I ask a legitimate question about game mechanics and after hours of crickets, a lvl 4 alt comes in to tell me "everything works as it should".

Thanks guys.

Yeah, someone giving an answer to your question is just terrible.

Don't ask questions if you aren't going to listen to answers.
It's well covered in the Beta Classes forum, if you'd like to search for it. But, Explosive Shot uses the Ignite mechanics now, this is old news. Nobody is going to go out of their way to test it or report it anymore. It's been done and the knowledge is fairly common.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5889309137?page=40#787

There's your link, with a description and example of the mechanics from an authoritative source.
10/05/2012 02:28 PMPosted by Gnorf

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5889309137?page=40#787

There's your link, with a description and example of the mechanics from an authoritative source.

I've read that, and my point is the extra damage that is overwritten gets added as a NON crit, over the course of your next 3 attacks. What if that last tick was going to crit?
I've read that, and my point is the extra damage that is overwritten gets added as a NON crit, over the course of your next 3 attacks. What if that last tick was going to crit?

Next three attacks? Damage from an existing ES DoT isn't added to your next attacks... it's the other way around; your shots add damage to the DoT.
Ghostcrawler:
When reapplying this DoT, take the damage left in the previous DoT and distribute it evenly across the new DoT’s ticks.

So, now that we have that out of the way, what if your last tick was going to be a crit?

edit: i didn't mean next 3 ATTACKS, I meant next 3 Ex ticks, but I'm sure you knew what I meant
So, now that we have that out of the way, what if your last tick was going to be a crit?

Right now we have a mechanic that decides whether each tick crits, on a tick-by-tick basis. But consider if we had a mechanic that decided up front whether all ticks critted, or none at all.

Which would do more damage?

I don't think there's a problem with damage from the last tick of the prior shot being extended over subsequent ticks, because those ticks also have a chance to crit.
Wrong thread. Lawl
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ism72oljrwwcyr49/details/4/?s=8720&e=9311
Yeah explosive shot really must suck if its doing 90k damage with all three ticks critting...and in full raid gear its only gonna get better. I'm fairly sure with blastington and all of my trinkets/bloodfury up it hits quite hard.

But nah, don't upgrade your gear and keep complaining.

lol, what the hell are you talking about?

Here is my question - dumbed down for the Huntards....
"Currently if you overwrite the last tick of explosive shot, it will add the damage from the last tick as a NON crit, over your next 3 ticks. This is great, but what if your last Ex tick was going to crit?"
10/05/2012 03:23 PMPosted by Gnorf
I don't think there's a problem with damage from the last tick of the prior shot being extended over subsequent ticks, because those ticks also have a chance to crit.

You seem to be getting it.

Yes, the new ticks can crit, but they'll only have 1/3 of the damage from the previous tick on it, so you'll see 260% damage on that crit (130% x2), instead of 400% damage from 2 crits.
Ok, just for the sake of argument, pretend Ex shot ticks for 100 damage.

So you get a LnL proc, and you spam Ex shot.

Now let's pretend every shot crits.

First tick = 200 damage

Second tick = 200 damage

Third tick is overwritten, and 100 damage is added over the course of your next 3 ticks.

Next tick is 260 damage, since it has one third of the previous tick's damage on it, and it also crits.

Next one is 260 damage, and so is the last.

So you end with 1180% damage, instead of the full 1200%

Now, granted this is totally hypothetical, and you won't have 6 ticks crit in a row, but maybe now you guys will get what I'm saying.