can we please fix healing already ?

Battlegrounds
im really tired of having 2 people beat on a healer and not kill it for 3 to 5 minutes or ever. . .
side note letting druids stealth in combat is just insane.
i was under the impression that healing was going to be put into perspective with mop and the damage would increase to compensate for healers being unkillable.
this does not appear to have happened.
my only questions is if everyone wants to play dps but healers win the fights
why are we not all playing healers ?
because its boring to play half healers and no one ever dies. . .

What most people don't understand is that, if just anyone could kill a healer, no one would play a healer. Blizzard intentionally made it hard for 1 or 2 people to kill a healer. They don't want 1 person to be able to solo a healer, or else healers would not be viable in ANY arena setting, nor in RBGs. Teams would assign 1 person to each healer at the start of a match making healers completely useless to the game. However, 1 person CAN kill a healer, it just takes a lot longer. And it's nearly impossible for any healer to kill a good dps due to dps self heals now, not to mention the CC and using First Aid (which most players refuse to use, or even acknowledge is in the game). It works out both ways. I will tell you what is imbalanced right now though, stuns and fears. It seems like either they removed, or overly reduced the internal timers on dimishing returns, making dps much more powerful than healers in 2s or 3s. Chain CCs used on healers is incredibly OP this season if used properly.
Stuns has always been my biggest beef.

But right now it's kind of retarded with how much damage it actually takes to break a full fear.

Chain CCing and being in sync with your teammates has always been the goal for arena, but if your fear doesn't even break from taking damage....you could just Fear spam a healer while nuking the healer and the fear wouldn't even break.
disc priest healers are easy to kill cause somethings are wrong with the spec but if you play holy "hell no", we are not an easy target to kill. disc needs babysitting or spot-heals but holy can hold their own ground very well.

i agree with the hunter above me saying that sometimes u should just focus a healer 1vs1 to keep him'her from healing others provided you can apply pressure down to 50% of their hp or even dent them at all. if they are above 75% then this will not work.

i've seen 5 people try to take a resto shaman down took like a 3 minute before that even happened. i think those 5 were prolly bads lol.

1vs1 a healer you will not win. (if you do that means he sucks)
2vs1 a healer you can win but must have good coordination/65% of the time he can still out heal your damage tho and prevail or till he/she goes oom.
3vs1 a healer is usually a sure kill.
4-5 vs1 a healer equals no competition
I see a lot of comments re. a supposed 'coordination of cc'. Seriously? What are players supposed to do in chat while they're fighting?

"OK, Glumpkin, cast Psychic Scream and as soon as that's done, I'll use Frost Nova, OK?"

"But don't cast that yet, noob! I'm going to sheep him and you'll break the cc!"

"Wait...Fear isn't an instant cast? Well, I'm going with Silencing Shot but I have to wait until his Hex wears off..."

2 dps vs. 1 healer should be a sure kill. But, any good resto druid can out-heal 2 good dps. The druid will never die in this situation -- not in low-level PvP, certainly.
Make friends with a skilled enhance shaman. Double purge is your best friend, good wind shearing and hexing is as well.
If you are watching 2 players focusing a healer and not be albe to run them out of mana or kill them through cycling CC then you are watching 2 retarded pvpers.
10/08/2012 07:44 AMPosted by Monkjagger
If you are watching 2 players focusing a healer and not be albe to run them out of mana or kill them through cycling CC then you are watching 2 retarded pvpers.

Don't knock. I was doing 3s yesterday and had full mana for 45 minute games. Fought a team with 2 Rank 1s for longer than any other team. Any team with a healer and a dps with off heals is going be hard as !@#$ to beat no matter what CC you throw at them. We even did run their Paladin OOM, but somehow he never died. Which is bizarre, because when I don't have mana, I can't heal. But he was healing him and his team to full every 3 seconds with less than 1000 mana. And our Monk Spriest damage burst was pretty insane. Not to mention the amount of CC we have, and used.
10/07/2012 01:41 PMPosted by Kahzuul
i play a surv hunter. i dont kill healers, i just make them focus more on healing themselves rather then their buddies. on a 1v1 vs a healer, thats what you should do. cc and harrass untill your guys kill the other dps or you get help.

This. Normally, if I have to solo a healer on my Mage (which isn't hard most of the time unless I am getting beat up too) I will blast them and force them to focus more on healing themselves. Awesome in Capture-the-Flag settings when there is only one healer on the EFC.
ok its true i can solo most disc priests and i realize that druids are much stronger against melee but i do have 2 silences and a plethora of stuns and the dk was a noob in noob gear but still. when i play my shaman its like only 2 of you on me wow you sucks bring friends or ill just kinda ignore you. . .
Chain cc is pretty effective at the moment, I've got reasonable survivability as resto, can usually hold off 2-3 or even 4 bads at once, but get 1-2 decent players on me and I'm dropping.

Seems the only thing keeping me alive is the ability to pop my insta-cast HoTs between cc's, must suck hard to be caster healers at the moment...
im really tired of having 2 people beat on a healer and not kill it for 3 to 5 minutes or ever. . .
side note letting druids stealth in combat is just insane.
i was under the impression that healing was going to be put into perspective with mop and the damage would increase to compensate for healers being unkillable.
this does not appear to have happened.
my only questions is if everyone wants to play dps but healers win the fights
why are we not all playing healers ?
becuase its boring to play half healers and no one ever dies. . .

Displacer beast works as a broken vanish. Pets/NPCs can still see you(including Psyfiends), it does not take you out of combat, and taking damage from DoTs will immediately break the stealth.

You should never be able to kill a healer 1vs1, it should always requires a 2nd person. 2 equally skilled/geared players can kill an equally skilled/geared Healer in a 2vs1 situation. If you cannot 2vs1 a healer, it normally means the following:

1. Your Undergeared
2. Your being outplayed
3. Your a bad and he's a good

The obvious exceptions go for 2vs2/3vs3 arena.

Until you've improved your geared, not going to take your post seriously. If the 2nd person attacking the healer was just as geared as you, I'm not surprised they didn't die.

Your undergeared for PvP, your gemming stamina and crit as an arms warrior, your not enchanting correctly, your missing so much gear, your not even reforging your gear, there's a list of reasons why you didn't kill that healer.

Douchebag alert.

P.S. "your" horrible at English.
Warriors can't solo a resto druid.

Fought against 2 r1 glad warriors and an arena master on my realID. If they can't force a drop on me after their 2 charges, heroic leap, and intimating roar, it's gg.