Super dissapointed with level 90 talents.

Mage
Am I the only one who dislikes all three mage level 90 talents? Pretty bummed out about all of them.
i've actually prevented a wipe using invocation too much aoe damage for a monk to heal through and invocation prevented me from dieing when everyone else did with the evocation glyph which heals you for 45% of your health every 10 seconds which means i was outhealing the aoe dps and was solo to finish the boss. While thats not omg not ever done before it does show that with the proper playstyle the talents are good. Plus when soloing my dailies i can heal every 10 seconds allowing me to not have to sit to eat or to be able to handle world bosses.
I realy like rune of power, but it's cast time just gets in the way. After messing around with invocation and rune for a while, I just grew more and more frustrated with them. I eventually just took incanter's ward and haven't looked back.
Just hit 90 about 20 minutes ago and was listening to all the complaining about the level 90 talents being "crappy" and "weaksauce", but I couldn't believe it because they sounded so great:

10 sec evo? YES!

Drop a rune to increase hp5/mp5/ AND SP!! OMG YES!!

or how about ANOTHER shield that restores mana and SP Buff? YES YES YES!!

However upon my short experience with these abilities I can see they aren't nearly as great as they sound...
Evo doesn't do jack ish unless you channel the ENTIRE thing. Who has time for that?

RoP kills all bits of mobility mages need. basically a 15% decrease in dmg dealt anytime you have to move plus IT HAS A CAST TIME! It disappears after a minute or so as well. IMO make it instant cast no GCD and make it last until either 100 yards away or you cast a new one.

IW isn't horrible. Probably the only one with a decent design but they shouldn't make it a penalty for not taking damage.
I hit 90 yesterday. Only tried invo so far. Loving it. I can heal myself full (from half full) every 10 ses. 6 secs channel is kind of too long tho. 4 secs would be perfect.
10/07/2012 11:34 AMPosted by Aou
I hit 90 yesterday. Only tried invo so far. Loving it. I can heal myself full (from half full) every 10 ses. 6 secs channel is kind of too long tho. 4 secs would be perfect.

That's what they threw haste in for, I've got 5s on evocation now and I'm not geared that well.
I do like the new evo, but I did hear RoP is better as long as you don't move... LOL! Who the f doesn't move in a fight?!
As a raider, I dislike all of them.

Invocation - If I miss a tick, I don't get the buff. In a raid encounter, I've just cost myself the entire Evocation time with no dps, and I'm probably out of mana and unable to dps in the meantime. And that means I have to Evocate again, 10 seconds later, which is even more of a DPS loss.
Rune of Power - Too much movement in raid fights for this to be at all useful.
Incanter's Ward - Only useful if you're taking AOE damage on a regular basis.
10/07/2012 10:14 AMPosted by Folkmetal
Pretty bummed out about all of them.

Which is why I gave up on this mage till they're changed.
And yes, I'm still desperately hoping they'll be changed.