Looking to join/start a cross guild raid team

Earthen Ring
Hey all,

We're two raiders who, as the title says, are looking to join or start a cross guild raid team. We really have very little or no interest in changing guilds, so it is central that doing so not be a requirement for raiding. Before I launch into what we're looking for, some general info about us:

• We have both raided since Burning Crusade (though we did not raid during 4.3 because the content felt stale).
  • I have raid lead for several years. Though it's not my first choice to do so again, if we start our own group and no capable candidates present themselves, know that this role is covered.
  • Our raid style over the years has covered more or less every facet - from extremely casual fill-ins to more serious groups which scored a top-10 server first kill, and had players world ranked 5 weeks in a row on the World of Logs top 100 (during Firelands).
  • My primary role is DPS (this character). I have experience tanking hardmodes as a warrior in previous expansions, but would have to update myself on the new mechanics to do so this expansion (and I am willing to do so as a secondary fill-in role only - not as a primary role).
  • The other person is a druid, aiming to tank as a primary role, with heals as a secondary role. Her experience as heals goes back to Burning Crusade, and as a tank goes back to Cataclysm.
  • The raid times we're looking for are evenings, Wednesdays and Saturdays. Any day other than Thursdays is currently free so long as it's in the evenings, but we would like at least one weekend day off.
  • It probably goes without saying, but we're looking for a 10 man group. 25s do not interest us at all.

That's more or less the important info about us. The play style we enjoy the most, and are searching for, is one in which having fun raiding takes priority over killing bosses. While success in terms of boss kills is important over time, it should not be the determining factor in the end as to whether or not to raid the next week.

What we look for in raid team members is:

• People who share a similar mindset with us as to what constitutes "success".
  • A raid where member input is valued and accepted at all times, but not allowed to derail the raid and waste everyone's time.
  • A situation where members want and try to make every raid, but are not punished for failing to do so if life happens.

That's a whole lot of info, and I could probably include more but chances are most people have stopped reading by now. If you haven't thanks for your interest. Shoot me an in game mail with your info if you need raiders, or if you're interested in starting a 10 man team and share our mindset. Hopefully our play style and thought process towards raiding has been made abundantly clear, but if not I'll happily elaborate.

I also want to stress that while I tried to provide plenty of information about what we do and do not want, if your raid team doesn't meet all of the above criteria, or crosses your i's and dots your t's sometimes, that's cool too. Better to talk and find out it's a good fit than not talk and miss a chance.

Kal
10/07/2012 06:48 PMPosted by Kalunaa
We're two raiders who, as the title says, are looking to join or start a cross guild raid team. We really have very little or no interest in changing guilds, so it is central that doing so not be a requirement for raiding.

UH
It's a thing, in a thing, in a thing.... Guildsepction *mind blown*
10/08/2012 03:47 AMPosted by Baranalot
It's a thing, in a thing, in a thing.... Guildsepction *mind blown*

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_7G6ciJUMuAk/TGOQMOWsMGI/AAAAAAAABZU/_K91q5OU6hw/s1600/yo+dawg+31.jpg