Warlocks, How are you?

Warlock
How are you guys in general?
Pve, PvP, Arenas etc.
Thinking about making an alt.
I love it. Haven't really done much PvE so I can't tell you much about that. I haven't done any arenas yet this season either but so far in BG's i'm loving it. All specs are fun and viable. If your thinking of making a warlock as an alt...Do it. I've been having a blast.
i Luv my lock...Imo best dps class out there

I am new to this toon only made him a few weeks Befor MOP..But i am quite happy

Edit..PVE as i dont PVP alot
Extremely gear dependent and takes a lot of skill to really get down. All I enjoy is pvp so my advice would be pvp based although I do know in pve all specs are great and usually near top of dps meters if played well. For PVP it feels like a massive uphill battle until you get just enough gear then all the sudden you're a beast (due to lack of pvp power, resil and mastery). Want a challenge? Most unique class in game? Try Lock.
i've been considering it for a while , but do you know if locks will get nerfed anytime soon? pvp wise.
10/11/2012 10:34 AMPosted by Pigmyz
i've been considering it for a while , but do you know if locks will get nerfed anytime soon? pvp wise.

Always, inevitable
10/11/2012 10:41 AMPosted by Lifeosuction

Always, inevitable

Doubt it. Maybe Chaos Bolt damage... but no lock spec is "OP". If they are going to nerf self heals etc they better buff fury build up for demo or affliction dot damage.
Alright, i'll keep that in mind thanks and also, are they good in arenas atm? destro or aff
10/11/2012 10:47 AMPosted by Pigmyz
Alright, i'll keep that in mind thanks and also, are they good in arenas atm? destro or aff

Neither. Demo is the best all around arena/pvp spec right now. Destro with a great healer/controller next to you can dominate too. Stay away from affliction for now.
Why is demo the best?
Best combination of damage+survivability of all 3 specs. Destro is extreme damage but easy to lockdown and kill. Aff is great survivability/control but terrible damage. Demo has great damage and great survivability.
10/11/2012 11:22 AMPosted by Kamikaze
Destro is extremely damage but easy to lockdown and kill.

I have to disagree with you on that one. If you play destro right, you can destroy in 2's no matter who you're partner is. If you are being focused, use your burning embers for ember tap, and fel flame the crap out of them(if melee) until u can fear, then incin. But we all have our preferences. All 3 specs are viable imo, some are easier then others, but you can still wreck face with all 3.
10/11/2012 11:30 AMPosted by Foundsaytan
Destro is extremely damage but easy to lockdown and kill.

I have to disagree with you on that one. If you play destro right, you can destroy in 2's no matter who you're partner is. If you are being focused, use your burning embers for ember tap, and fel flame the crap out of them(if melee) until u can fear, then incin. But we all have our preferences. All 3 specs are viable imo, some are easier then others, but you can still wreck face with all 3.

It's well known across all of arena players that destro is easy to shut down in arena right now. I tried it for about 30 matches and had enough. I played 3's and 5's and in every single match I was prime target getting CC spammed. If you can post a video of you in 3's or 5's and getting off chaos bolts in a couple different matches I'll send you money in the mail. Trust me it's hard enough to get off a non instant incinerate let alone a chaos bolt. Regardless though Demo>>>Destro.
10/11/2012 11:37 AMPosted by Kamikaze
If you can post a video of you in 3's or 5's

Careful examination of his post reveals...

10/11/2012 11:30 AMPosted by Foundsaytan
you can destroy in 2's
10/11/2012 11:51 AMPosted by Lokthen
If you can post a video of you in 3's or 5's

Careful examination of his post reveals...

you can destroy in 2's

I read that and still disagree, just mentioned 3's and 5's because that's when it really stands out. In 2's you may be able to get off chaos bolts rarely but they still are extremely difficult to cast.
Demonology is way better for pvp then destro a demo lock can obliterate a destro lock yo wont even be able to free cast constant cc and imp swarms #%*@%#!*%* your face
10/11/2012 12:29 PMPosted by Tamaki
Demonology is way better for pvp then destro a demo lock can obliterate a destro lock yo wont even be able to free cast constant cc and imp swarms #%*@%#!*%* your face

I'm in durotar dueling and every lock after seeing me duel is switching to demo and asking me for tips haha. Trust me Demo owns. Destro is easier to lock down. I told them to check out Gnomemind too. BTW Gnome good job showing that with patience and practice demo is extremely good. I figured it out before your streams but your steams have a huge following and are showing other locks a cool spec that used to be neglected.
10/11/2012 12:46 PMPosted by Kamikaze
Destro is easier to lock down.

That's certainly true, but Demo doesn't have the obscene burst that Destro has.
Destro is easier to lock down.

That's certainly true, but Demo doesn't have the obscene burst that Destro has.

Not consistently but once you get to demon form you bet your !@# it does. Once I send second felguard+imp+demo form+chaos spam... people die in 3-4 seconds. The tradeoff of going demo over destro is less consistent burst all the way through and a bit more build up but also a lot harder to kill/shut down.
Are warlocks fun to play? end game