Scammer on Darkspear

Customer Support
Even so with your logs only seeing in game chat. You do realize that I did not intend on ever trading this guy any gold period. I don't see the logic behind this at all. You can see that I did not trade he did not trade me anything and my character traded him all my gold and not on purpose. Why would I ever just give someone 10k gold like that with nothing in return. You can also see that he logs out immediately after doing it. Hmmm thats not shady.
10/05/2012 01:35 PMPosted by Infestationx
thats not shady.

Of course it is. But "that was shady" isn't sufficient proof for Blizzard to take punitive action against a player (or a compromised account).
"Passion has overthrown tyrants and freed prisoners and slaves. Passion has brought justice where there was savagery. Passion has created freedom where there was nothing but fear. Passion has helped souls rise from the ashes of their horrible lives and build something better, stronger, more beautiful." -- Harry Dresden
10/05/2012 01:35 PMPosted by Infestationx
Even so with your logs only seeing in game chat. You do realize that I did not intend on ever trading this guy any gold period. I don't see the logic behind this at all. You can see that I did not trade he did not trade me anything and my character traded him all my gold and not on purpose. Why would I ever just give someone 10k gold like that with nothing in return. You can also see that he logs out immediately after doing it. Hmmm thats not shady.

Because Blizzard isn't there to play your loan agent. The logs will show you giving the player 10k gold, they don't show why. They will look at the chat logs, however if everything was done out of game like you said, then there is nothing that will show anything.

There are way too many players that would give someone gold then scream to Blizzard that they didn't mean to and beg them to fix it. So Blizzard has taken the stance that we as players are responsible for ourselves in that way.

Bottom line is that if it doesn't go into the trade window, then it is a proceed at your own risk thing. While Blizzard will investigate unsupported transaction scams, and take action if they deem it worthy. They will hardly ever give back gold for unsupported transactions.