Cross-Realm Exploitation?

Customer Support
I'll make this short and simple: Is it intended for cross-realm groups to be used to allow people from off one's server to farm for herbs, mining nodes, and particular mobs on servers besides there own? And I don't refer to old content continents, I'm referring to Pandaria.

There's been a surge in this kind of behaviour with the introduction of MoP that I doubt was foreseen in the beta. Several members of my guild have had the experience of players from other servers coming onto our server (via being invited to a group by someone on our server) with the sole purpose of farming something because perhaps the competition is far less compared to their own server. I honestly can't believe this is working as intended since it allows people to really not give a crap about their reputation in the game. Cross-realm dungeons have also done this, but given the nature of instances I'm not concerned about this. You know what you're getting into when you start and can problems like ninjas by simply grouping with friends. You CAN'T avoid this when you're on your own server, though.

So again, I ask, is this intended? If not, can we expect to see changes in the near future to tackle this?
Since the CRZ features is so new, I would assume that changes or tweaks will be coming. I don't know if this will be something they address or not. I encourage you to leave constructive feedback for the developers on how you feel about this. You can do that on the general forums, or thru the support link at the top of the page.
How can you tell you are on your "own" server? You could be farming "their" server nodes.

You could be on their server via CRZ; its not like you have a choice to CRZ or not.

I only know I'm not on my own if the Realm Time is different, but what if they are on the same time zone?
In this situation, they are on their own server and the other folks are coming to their server via RealID friends.

CRZ is not technically active on Pandaria unless you have a friend who invites you to a group to quest and then you are on their server.
Blizzard has also actually worked to prevent it from being exploited, inviting yourself(or someone else) with a low level character won't transport you to that server if they aren't in the same zone. It used to be possible to just create level 1 characters on any server you wanted to goto on a second account and then invite a high level character and they could do anything they wanted on the destination server. I know for sure that has been changed. I'm not sure if switching realms has been limited in any other way. I know it was particularly bad when the Darkmoon Rabbit first appeared as there was at least one raid group that attempted many different servers.
In this situation, they are on their own server and the other folks are coming to their server via RealID friends.

CRZ is not technically active on Pandaria unless you have a friend who invites you to a group to quest and then you are on their server.

Whoops,

Missed the word "Pandaria" which is not part of CRZ.. missing my coffee this morning.
For purposes of Real ID, you could invite a friend on another server to come quest with you on your server, or them you on theirs. This is been working for a while, even before CRZ was put in place. So nothing new there really.
When you are cross-realm using RealID or BattleTag, every aspect of that world becomes accessible to you including gathering nodes. That is not an exploit.

If you think other players are utilizing Cross-Realm Zones in a manner that may be exploitive, you're welcome to submit a report to our hacks team: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/submit/hacks.html

For feedback regarding Cross-Realm Zones, please see the current thread on the General Discussion forum: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6679517893