For the Hunters thinkin its "skill" ...

Hunter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t6phz0sGik&feature=relmfu

I don't read forums very often, mostly due to 90% of the posts being useless rant/rage posts. Watch this video, granted Kripp is a good player but the numbers the pets are putting out are completely out of control.

So to all the threads of the hunters saying "look at everyone QQ over being beat by a well played hunter"... i applaud your ability to use stampede.
Hunters burst is unbalanced, and pets are doing too much damage.

I would like to see them evened out and have a little more sustained damage brought back in.

Personally I'd like to see stampede not usable in arena and I'd like to see hunters getting a little bit of sustained damage back.

P.S. A disarm makes a hunter nearly useless for 10seconds, cannot even use defensive abilities, and pets die easily atm.
10/10/2012 12:10 AMPosted by Eponine
We can put weapon chains on our bows...

Not to mention our best defensive abilities, RoS (lol jk who uses cunning bm ferocity hoooooooo)
and deterrence are both usable while disarmed.

Deterrence has worked while disarmed for quite some time now. :/

Pets do die pretty easily though.
Don't know why everyone is complaining. Just damage mitigate when Stampede is up (ie Pali bubble, DK shield, priest shield, ice block etc etc) or fear of pets, whatever. And to the OP - if your Blood, just turn and DS our pets and get your shield up. You should be able to heal through and shield up a physcial attack such as stampede.

We get a decent dps ability, and everyone jumps on their high horse and grumbles about it.

Keep it as it is. Leave stampede which has a 5 min cooldown - whoopie - 5 mins. It's not like we can spam it out. You reduce your damage through it, and when it's done, we go back to our normal abilites (which still rock mind you).

I'm going to scream if I see another class grumble about stampede.
10/10/2012 12:10 AMPosted by Eponine
P.S. A disarm makes a hunter nearly useless for 10seconds, cannot even use defensive abilities, and pets die easily atm.

We can put weapon chains on our bows...

Touche
how is this video not getting more attention????

i have to fist of fury the pets to save my tauren tail

thought durring this time i am chi starved and cannot afford to use Touch of karma or i will die anyways as the hunter arena partner get to blow cooldowns on us.
Don't know why everyone is complaining. Just damage mitigate when Stampede is up (ie Pali bubble, DK shield, priest shield, ice block etc etc) or fear of pets, whatever. And to the OP - if your Blood, just turn and DS our pets and get your shield up. You should be able to heal through and shield up a physcial attack such as stampede.

We get a decent dps ability, and everyone jumps on their high horse and grumbles about it.

Keep it as it is. Leave stampede which has a 5 min cooldown - whoopie - 5 mins. It's not like we can spam it out. You reduce your damage through it, and when it's done, we go back to our normal abilites (which still rock mind you).

I'm going to scream if I see another class grumble about stampede.

This is the worst justification for BM I have ever seen. Did you even watch the video?

edit: AND The ability lasts for 20 seconds? This is new to me. I should have researched it further. If this ability were around 3-5 seconds long and made your pets un-ccable, perhaps it would be fair?
It annoys me when BM hunters state simply to "damage mitigate" during stampede.

I enter into the arena against a BM hunter + <insert any other class here>, and see stampede go off. This is what my rotation looks like as a ret paladin:

* BoP my DK partner

* if DK's bubble is dispelled or shattered by the hunter's partner, spam Flash of Light on DK, Hand of Sacrifice DK, blind pets, and my DK has a 10% chance of surviving the 20 second stampede with 1% health remaining, before being finished off by the hunter's partner.

* if the hunter switches to me while the DK is BoP'd, I bubble, and then the hunter kills me the moment bubble wears off.

Stampede lasts much longer than it should for what it does. No one has 20 full seconds worth of defensive cooldowns to mitigate this damage, and it takes just 3 seconds to kill anyone with it. CC'ing the hunter has NO effect on the damage once stampede is up, the hunter can just sit there and watch people get blown up by their pets.

It's also horrible when a BM hunter doesn't use stampede right away. So you spend the whole match not using ANY of your defensives because the moment you do, stampede comes out and you have nothing.

I'm sure it must be real fun to see your opponent being destroyed in mere seconds after pressing a button.
Hunters burst is unbalanced, and pets are doing too much damage.

I cant read this and not laugh. In pvethis is so untrue it isn't even funny our steady dmg is a joke
10/10/2012 12:48 AMPosted by Jehoma
I'm sure it must be real fun to see your opponent being destroyed in mere seconds after pressing a button.

Yes

10/10/2012 12:46 AMPosted by Zei
This is the worst justification for BM I have ever seen. Did you even watch the video?

Yes

I have played a BM Hunter and a Blood DK for some time now. Admittedly as a DK, I know the tricks of a hunter, so I can quite easily wear down a hunter in Blood Spec. But if you are a straight DPS, then you may want a heals with you in arena.

But why the hype with Stampede? It's only 5 pets at 25% damage. That is 125% of normal pet damage. It's not like all 5 pets are doing 100% damage each. Yes the hunter gets a burst of damage for those 20 secs, plus all the buffs, but get through that, and you will have a full 5 mins to clean up the hunter. And have we all seen how OP healers are? Try 1 v 1 against a good heals and see if you can drop them.

Simply roll in arena as a DPS & heals. You will get through this stampede no problemo.
10/10/2012 12:48 AMPosted by Jehoma
It's also horrible when a BM hunter doesn't use stampede right away

It's a bit like the old days of fighting rogues. Soon as you blow your trinket, you get stun locked to the crap house!

It will keep you guys on the edge of your seat, before you hear that fateful, frightening trumpet blast as a rush of animals come after ya :)
I don't think people who actually play BM want to realize the power of this ability. Blood? You realize tank specs are not meant for pvp, let alone high end arenas. Are you supposed to roll a tank spec to counter this ability? Or play with a healer? The damage is near unhealable (unless you CC the pets) and nothing has 20 seconds worth of CC just to fall behind *anyway* to CC PETS.

Admitted the majority of people complaining about Stampede play 2s, however there is insane amounts of potential that has probably already been obtained through 3s with the addition of another dps or heals.

No dps is *supposed* to single handedly drop a healer. Healers are OP in 1v1 because you are not supposed to 1v1 healers. The damage on Stampede IS extremely powerful in PvP (maybe not so much in PvE?) and there is also lots of off-healing capability from it too. Granted I am not one to educate on this season's PvP, but there is no way high rated hunters will call this ability fair---ONLY because of the duration and no, the damage is quite ridiculous as well.
I got to be a little suspicious that only 1 hunter is going against the message of this video.

I would expect all the kiddies to have voice in this matter that they finally win duels and dont know how to walk in any direction but forward and back. my 3 year old can kill any other class. I have a 6 second bubble...... so what am i supposed to do after i use that and a 4 seconds aoe stun while u are bursting on me with your other abilities?

I just refuse to agree that this is in any way good for the WoW PvP community.
The damage is ridiculous because pets are currently ignoring resilience.

But I'm sure you'll all still complain when they fix that.

And then complain some more.
@ Zei - as a feral, go bear form and put your HOTs on. You'll survive stampede.

@ Throttlatar - I don't know much about monks, so no comment from me.

Seriously, most classes have huge survivability capabilities. Ferals go bear form, pali's have a number of bubbles. warriors and rogues all have healing abilities, priests have shields.

Are you guys all grumbling now becuase you have to blow those CD's early? You no longer can keep those up your sleeve. Hunters for a long time have had the least survivability out of all the classes. We now have some talents in that area, but still no where near the abilities of other classes. That's why us hunters had to learn to kite.

So now all the classes with huge survivability complain becuase they have to use their CD's early, or upon stampede.

It all balances out in the end. BM hunters have always had good burst potential, especially in PvP. But for a long time we have been glass cannons, and to some extent still appear to be. That's our downfall. Other classes have sustained steady DPS, and have better survivability. All it means is that now if you come up against a BM hunter, you had better take them out fast. It's that simple. Even in 2's, if you focus and cc the hunter, it's good night hunter.
First of all, we're talking about hunters in general, not 1v1 situations... Feral has 1 hot and bear form has had most of it's defensive capabilities split into the guardian spec (4th spec). Your deadzone was removed, trap launcher has been simplified (although i believe this has also caused some complications?) and BM can now take readiness. Don't think of me as a feral. I don't only play a feral.

Everything is easier said than done. I am really wasting my time being puzzled, as I unfortunately don't think any of your information is correct or even convincing. I would like to see someone with some kind of experience tell me the same thing. BM is unlucky because it has never been the good spec and It might never be.
10/10/2012 01:47 AMPosted by Icebear
But why the hype with Stampede? It's only 5 pets at 25% damage. That is 125% of normal pet damage.

It is 4 extra pets along with your original so it is 200 percent pet damage. Still not game breaking.
I don't think people who actually play BM want to realize the power of this ability. Blood? You realize tank specs are not meant for pvp, let alone high end arenas. Are you supposed to roll a tank spec to counter this ability? Or play with a healer? The damage is near unhealable (unless you CC the pets) and nothing has 20 seconds worth of CC just to fall behind *anyway* to CC PETS.

Admitted the majority of people complaining about Stampede play 2s, however there is insane amounts of potential that has probably already been obtained through 3s with the addition of another dps or heals.

No dps is *supposed* to single handedly drop a healer. Healers are OP in 1v1 because you are not supposed to 1v1 healers. The damage on Stampede IS extremely powerful in PvP (maybe not so much in PvE?) and there is also lots of off-healing capability from it too. Granted I am not one to educate on this season's PvP, but there is no way high rated hunters will call this ability fair---ONLY because of the duration and no, the damage is quite ridiculous as well.

Not saying BM isn't OP, I really don't know, mines not 90 yet, but I got to laugh at the the classes complaining.

First of all the OP is a DK, I highly doubt he was complaining on the forums over the past couple years about how OP DKs were. Ranged magic melee class wears plate hybrid most op self healing pet class anti magic this and that passive snare, roots, stuns prob top dps blah blah

Druid talking about how tank specs are not meant for pvp, yet if you so much as looked at any spec druid last 2 seasons they were in bear form popping cds, tanking groups of players while healing to full.
Give it a few months, I'm sure Blizz will grant the emo druids a new shiny ability that will annoy the !@#$ out of everyone to make up for any Opness from another class.

And to the OP...I've watched a Youtube video of a frost mage pwning players using a steering wheel and it was a long time after that before they got nerfed, I'm sure I could find a couple of ridiculous YT videos on Dks showing what they are capable of, specially 1 week into an expansion.
Wow. Another thread about hunter damage. This is retarded. Do you guys realize every class is doing a lot more damage. It's just not hunters, what about locks, warriors, spriests, etc. I feel all classes are doing around the same amount of damage with the exception of only a few. Other than that, I feel the damage output is pretty close. You guys make it seem that hunter damage is so OP that 1500 players are face rolling 2.2k players and teams due to the BM burst, which BM has had since slice bread was invented. I mean come ppl. Stop QQ and learn how to mitigate all class damage with your team.