Well... I've been hacked...

Customer Support
I'm not sure how it happened, or why it happened, but it did. I'm missing gear off this toon and my other main and have nothing to do but wait 4 days and 15 hours (approx.) until my ticket is answered. Thankfully I was able to recover my account, so its not all bad. I guess my portrait hasn't changed yet b/c currently I'm sitting with no gear on :( Anyone got any idea's how to pass the time?
Get an authenticator, check for spyware. You know the usual stuff after you're hacked
Isn't there an auto item restoration system now you can access from your account page? You shouldn't have to wait for a GM anymore for this.
10/03/2012 02:48 PMPosted by Candrin
Isn't there an auto item restoration system now you can access from your account page? You shouldn't have to wait for a GM anymore for this.

Works for 1 item per month
10/03/2012 03:39 PMPosted by Glockwork

No true, works for about 30 items per month. They give you a list of every item that has been vendored, trashed, or DE'd you and click which ones you want back.

If you vendored it, you pay back the gold via mail

If you trashed it, you just get it via mail

If you DE'd it, I'm not sure because I've never accidentally DE'd something.
10/03/2012 02:47 PMPosted by Arabéth
Get an authenticator, check for spyware. You know the usual stuff after you're hacked

Should do that stuff before you're hacked.
10/03/2012 03:40 PMPosted by Temnozar
also stop buying golds

not always the reason. The idea that you only get hacked if you share your password or go to bad sites has long since been debunked. Many (myself included) played the game very safe, avoided bad sites and had pretty long and random passwords and still got hacked.

Get an authenticator, really helps. Also consider changing the password every once in a while.

Only for items sold to a vendor, destroyed, or disenchanted, and not stackable items (like profession mats).

But that does not restore gold, or other currency spent (JP, Honor, etc).
And does not restore deleted professions, or other character changes (name changes, server changes, etc).

There is more to a compromise than just lost items. It is best to go through the ticket system for restoring losses due to a compromise.
10/03/2012 03:41 PMPosted by Danadmcballs
If you DE'd it, I'm not sure because I've never accidentally DE'd something.

If you use the automated system to restore a DE'd item, a GM has to get involved because they need to take back the mats (shard, dust, etc) you got from the DE before they can give you the item back. If you do not have said mats any more, then you can't get the item back.

Not good to use this when you've been hacked. Just wait for a full restoration and don't muddy the logs. They can return everything that was taken whether it's vendored, de'd, or passed to the hackers cohorts.

Juts be patient.
10/03/2012 03:39 PMPosted by Glockwork

Actually, the Item Restoration works for one restore per 30 days. You can have multiple items restored.

However, please do not use this service to restore items that may have been lost in an account compromise. If your account has been compromised, and you report it, part of the procedure is to repair what damage we can, including restoring lost items, gold, etc. . . .

If you use the item restoration option that can impact our ability to restore items lost during the compromise.

Please note that account compromise investigations do not take nearly as long as they used to and usually taking no more than 12 hours, often even less time.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/account-compromise-what-to-do
I feel your pain...