Lilian Voss

Story Forum
[Possibly Spoilers?]

I must say. I'm very surprised by the come back of Lilian Voss in new SM and Scholo.

I'm quite a questing maniac/altoholic, and when questing, I blaze through things. But when I leveled my Undead Priest (my last character to be leveled, next to monks, now) during Cataclysm. I was really drawn to this short low level quest chain in Tirisfal. I was, for the first time, compelled to a mini story in questing, in WoW. I wanted to see the next part, play the next part.

And seeing her again quickly in SM and Scholo - a new personality, adapted around her realization around being undead - I'm actually stoked about it. It was awesome to see her again. I was disappointed when her line seemed to end abruptly in Tirisfal.

So, yea. This mini story captivated me, and I'm so glad she made a little cameo again. Thank you very much, story guys. They say enjoy the little things, and this is one that really pleased me.

What do you think?
She also showed up in the WPL. You don't see her, but there's a Scarlet Crusade camp full of flaming purple corpses
As someone who's never played through the Forsaken starter zone, she meant nothing to me. Less than nothing. The fight was fun though.

But hey, I'm glad they found the time to tie up that loose end while leaving so many others, most notably in Alliance questing.

Yes, I'm just being bitter. I'm glad you enjoyed it, but I personally could not care any less if I tried.
Her current iteration makes no sense.

"I'll never stop hunting your kind necromancer! You will not curse another soul with this nightmare!"

But for some reason, she goes halfway across a continent to fight the almost completely defeated Cult of the Damned instead of focusing on the people who ACTUALLY raised her and ACTUALLY cursed her, which are the Forsaken.

Plot armor.
But for some reason, she goes halfway across a continent...
By which you mean the next zone over.
She's what you call a Mary Sue.

Yeah, interesting character.

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

If it means anything at all.

"I'll never stop hunting your kind necromancer! You will not curse another soul with this nightmare!"

But for some reason, she goes halfway across a continent to fight the almost completely defeated Cult of the Damned instead of focusing on the people who ACTUALLY raised her and ACTUALLY cursed her, which are the Forsaken.

Plot armor.

Have you ever thought that perhaps - Just perhaps - Lilian believes that the CotD is more evil then the Forsaken?

Hell, at least they gave her a choice about weather or not she wanted to stay Undead (or join the Forsaken) after she was raised. The Cult just doesn't give a damn. (Heh.)

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

If it means anything at all.
It really doesn't, anymore.
10/04/2012 08:45 PMPosted by Wickham
Lillian Voss will become the new leader of the Forsaken.

Too much of a small fry. I would rather Koltira.
The whipped gimp of a blood elf now serving as Sylvanas's slave?

No thank you.

& I don't even play a Forsaken. That would just suck.

Well we don't know precisely what is being done to him. If Sylvanas goes full on Lich Queen and needs dethroning, perhaps Koltira will "rebel" against his undead overlord, again.
The whipped gimp of a blood elf now serving as Sylvanas's slave?

No thank you.

& I don't even play a Forsaken. That would just suck.

Well we don't know precisely what is being done to him. If Sylvanas goes full on Lich Queen and needs dethroning, perhaps Koltira will "rebel" against his undead overlord, again.
I hope we learn what happened at some point soon. It's been a long time since Thassarian decided to rush headlong into the heart of the New Scourge to rescue his lover.

Regarding Lilian, I doubt this is the last we've seen of her. If there's one thing Warcraft has taught me, it's that you can't count someone for dead even if you decapitate them yourself.

She's anything but. Yes, she has unique abilities, but she's not uber-powerful, nor is she someone who chews up all the scenery. She's a minor character who, despite her flashy powers, got beaten by the the head necromancer in Scholo. A necromancer that we, as standard Warriors/shamans/mages/etc. were able to defeat.

A Mary Sue she is not.

Plot armor.

first off: As someone mentioned, it's only one zone over. Second off: It's not plot armor, it's common sense. Due to the hold Sylvanas has on the land, and the fact that she's got Gilneas by the nuts, the whole horde would back her up if anyone tries anything. She's a pretty valuable--if dangerous--asset, after all.

Scholomance, on the other hand... Nope! If they go unchecked they could grow again, hence why everyone wants their head. Lillian won't get crap from anyone for going after them, except maybe a pat on the back from both alliance and horde alike.

Personally, I see this as her taking baby steps to get stronger. I feel like she might one day try to take down Sylvanas, but it sure ain't now. She's nowhere near strong enough, and she has to find a way to get around the whole "Allied with the Horde" thing 1st.
10/04/2012 08:55 PMPosted by Baalsamael
Too much of a small fry. I would rather Koltira.

Traitors to the Horde get no Scholomance and Scarlet Crusade killing.

...But I would have liked the Ebon Blade to do SOMETHING against their old foes. For god's sake, we all know that the Stratholme revamp in Cataclysm was asking for Ebon Blade, not Brotherhood of the Light...
Calling it now.

When Sylvanas gets the proverbial sword brought down through her neck and purple loot drops from her rotting corpse, Lillian Voss will become the new leader of the Forsaken.

Unless I misunderstood the end of Scholomance, I'm fairly certain Lillian Voss is dead. She asks us to let her die alone just before we take down Gandling.
10/04/2012 06:27 PMPosted by Vegdrasil
But for some reason, she goes halfway across a continent...
By which you mean the next zone over.

The continent is only three zones wide, going from Deathknell to Caer Darrow pretty much is halfway across.